Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 34
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 11th Oct 16, 8:31 PM
    • 908 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Is there any chance of Vodafone improving...
    • chimney_sweep
    • By chimney_sweep 12th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chimney_sweep
    Reference my previous message here concerning the bills I am receiving for another person at my home. Can the Vodafone representative offer me guidance on what to do to stop them coming through my letter box.

Attempted to call Vodafone but because I am not the account holder they were reluctant to speak to me this time round.
    • Shady45
    • By Shady45 14th Oct 16, 8:43 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shady45
    Took a few attempts, but finally got the email through: #14427004
  • Vodafone
    Hi dazzaofdagenham and chimney_sweep,

If you'd like us to get this looked into for you, please follow the steps highlighted in our earlier post.

Hello Dand,

I can see that our team have responded to your email form. If you have any further queries regarding the matter please reply directly to the email you received on October 13.

Hello Shady45,

Our team have received your latest email, today, and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • guanguo_dan
    • By guanguo_dan 19th Oct 16, 11:23 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    guanguo_dan
    I had a mobile contract with Vodafone and the contract ended in September/October 2015. I transferred the phone number to another supplier. I have no late payment history or missed a payment. But the account remains as ‘open’ on my credit report and seems that ‘I still keep paying every month’ while I am actually not paying. It’s already more than one year since the contract terminated. I am worried that it’s going to remain open forever while I actually have no account with Vodafone.

Additionally I also have very bad experience with VF during during contract termination process and spent hours on calling.

Reference - WRT135 [#14460622]

Received a call from VF yesterday and my credit file will be updated next month. Hopefully the issue gets resolved by the time. Thanks.
    Last edited by guanguo_dan; 21-10-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 19th Oct 16, 12:59 PM
    • 7,059 Posts
    • 2,151 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    So follow the advice on this thread!
    • pyramidls
    • By pyramidls 19th Oct 16, 3:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pyramidls
    More appalling Vodafone customer service!

I have just spent most of the morning trying to sort out a problem with my business account which has been going on for a while. I have been trying to speak to a UK call centre but keep getting put through to South Africa. when I ask to be put through to a UK call centre, I am told that they cannot do that or they put me on hold and cut me off. It takes about four minutes to get through their exhaustive options menus only to get put through to South Africa.

Does anyone know of a direct number for a UK Vodafone call centre? You should be able to actually talk to a human being and not go through all this email nonsense.

I have been a Vodafone customer for over 15 years and am frankly appalled by their awful customer service. Maybe its time to change provider.

I have complained by email using WRT165. I have received acknowledgement #14464987.

Hopefully the Vodafone person on here can do something.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 19th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    • 7,059 Posts
    • 2,151 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Why call them when you should know by now what a waste of time that is? Forget looking for a number (they are just as awful over here apart from the WRT) and wait for the WRT to help you.
  • Vodafone
    Hi guanguo_dan & pyramidls

We've received both of your emails and a member of our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • introlux
    • By introlux 21st Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    introlux
    Hi,

EMail sent to Vodafone but I have not had no response back or anything. Any update that my query has been picked up will be appreciated.

Thanks,

[#14470706]
    [#14470696]
    • Whistler23
    • By Whistler23 21st Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Whistler23
    Hello Vodafone Rep,

I found this thread via google. I ended my vodafone contract back in May/June. Vodafone hasn't updated all of the Credit Reference Agencies. Experian, Equifax and Call Credit, it is still open on all of them.
    Can this be looked into please? I have followed the advice and got a ticket number which is #14487043
  • Vodafone
    Hi introlux & Whistler23,

We've checked your reference numbers and we've received both of your emails. A member of our team will contact you as soon as possible to help with your issues.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • Froggy27
    • By Froggy27 23rd Oct 16, 12:18 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Froggy27
    Still slow VF customer service
    Another update... Still bad and slow customer service from VF..
    My phone has now gone for repair for 8 weeks.. I only got contacted after posting complaints but still not resolved...
    I found out that I got phone calls but nothing goes on notes so every time it goes back to square one...THE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN TEAMS IS SHOCKING..
    I got a voice message telling me I would receive a new handset, - of similar standard as the cheap one they had sent me temporary keeps crashing and is shockingly slow - I confirm by email as I was abroad..phoned when I got back...nobody knew about this offer, I got put on hold 3 times..repeated the same story 3 times to be told that the woman, Sarah who called me was on holiday so I had to wait for her return...! Unbelievable...Vodafone must be really struggling if they can't even have a team dealing with ongoing files...am so sick of this..
    Do not join Vodafone....and I say that after 20 years with them.. Terrible customer service...
    • Ellen20
    • By Ellen20 25th Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ellen20
    Posting complaints number so you (Vodafone) can confirm you've got it
    I'm doing at advised on this thread. I have been nearly 12 months sorting this complaint out - so hoping this method will be the one: Here is my reference number #14511801 - have you got it? Thanks.
    • addedvaluebob
    • By addedvaluebob 25th Oct 16, 8:54 PM
    • 459 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    addedvaluebob
    Utterly useless and incompetent customer service. Complained weeks ago have not had it acknowledged in line with Vodafone guidelines or a resolution as promised. I have been lied to repeatedly (14 times last count) told things are resolved about issues that do not relate to my account have just spent 35 minutes on hold to be told they are sorry for any delay before they cut me off, no live chat contact and a basic dismissal of any standard of customer service.

As soon as my complaint is resolved, either by Vodafone, the Ombudsman or Civil Courts I will be leaving after 18 years as a customer. Truly dreadful.

Come to think of it I may just cut out the Ombudsman bit and sue for my money back plus time for inconvenience
    • Harald
    • By Harald 26th Oct 16, 7:33 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    Harald
    A word from Ofcom:

www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/vodafone-fined-4.6-million
    • A Flock Of Sheep
    • By A Flock Of Sheep 26th Oct 16, 12:18 PM
    • 4,084 Posts
    • 4,662 Thanks
    A Flock Of Sheep
    This clown outfit has just been fined for being rubbish to their customers. How anyone is with them I can't understand.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 26th Oct 16, 7:20 PM
    • 7,059 Posts
    • 2,151 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Well, I would be if there were good enough cashback deals. Unfortunately, there aren't.
    • rambo83
    • By rambo83 26th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rambo83
    I have had issues for over 11 months with my billing with vodafone. every time i call or use chat they say its fixed and i wont have to call up. but then again i have to do the same the following month.

I have 3 numbers on my account now and the billing has been wrong every month. The bill does not represent the money they take out its a joke. One agent said the amount they seeing is correct on their side but online its totally different.i have just had enough. I have saved all my chats so hopefully that will help.

I just want to leave with my three numbers now and not have to pay any compensation as they haven't been able to sort the issue out. I am only on a sim only deal with all of them and when i renewed and got a great deal they said that ll my billing would be sorted.

I should be able to leave due to the fact vodafone cant sort my billing out and causing grief every month.

I have just logged the request and this is my ref i hope those on this forum can sort something.

WRT135 [#14528384]

Hope to hear back soon
    • Froggy27
    • By Froggy27 27th Oct 16, 4:55 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Froggy27
    Another example of appalling service
    Today the Customer team have surpassed themselves in bad service!

I think i will update you .. despite being promised a replacement phone on 18 october, i still don't have anything.. i have spoken to many different customer services representatives , i have all their names...and they all finish the call thinking they have sorted the problems.. when i call back again 1 or 2 days later..nobody knows of the problems.. the right hand can't talk to the left hand in Customer care team...

Today after being on hold most for 57 minutes, to be cut off, then trying again with a call for 52 minutes, i finally spoke to Ossama who tried to help. Every time i asked to be put through a manager or somebody with authority it’s practically refused.

Ossama tried to help and apparently called many people to end up telling me that according to them, the phone had been delivered on 22 october at the VF wimbledon branch. I asked him to confirm by texting and he did assuring that the phone was there.
    I was dubious but took time off the afternoon and went to Wimbledon.

Wimbledon branch DID NOT have the phone nor had any clue of what i was talking about.
    So today i have spend about 4 hours on the phone with VF, (still on hold as I write) spent another 2.30hrs driving to Wimbledon and waiting in the store..

I phoned again and spoke to Emma who COULD NOT SEE anything on my notes and could not understand why i had been told to go to the store…

The merry go round is amazing…

Bottom line I am still without a replacement phone (because mine cannot be repaired), promised on 18 October and VF customer team, cannot handle anything as every time i call .. i get a different story.. but not result, no solution just a lot of empty apologies.
    But of course i have received my bills (for a phone I do not have) for the last 2 months..

the most appalling service to date! basically today (and the last few weeks) is total proof of what has been in the press...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

1,713Users online

Martin's Twitter