Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 33
    • flo_jo99
    • By flo_jo99 3rd Oct 16, 2:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    flo_jo99
    Hi Sarah,

I have finally got a reference:

WRT135 [#14334733]

Tried 3 different browsers (Safari, Firefox then Chrome) and finally changed my email address to a different one than previous, and bingo that worked.

Thanks,
  • Vodafone
    Hi pixievix & flo_jo99,

We've received both of your emails and a member of our team will being in touch with both of you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Joem1992
    • By Joem1992 4th Oct 16, 12:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joem1992
    Hi just sent of an email using the above link. Got reference number 14344331. Unsure if I need to do anything else. Desperate to get this resolved. Someone please help me.
    • flo_jo99
    • By flo_jo99 4th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    flo_jo99
    Thanks Nathan.

I have spoken to Colleen, who whilst being really lovely was unable to help me. It is a shame that Vodafone are unable / unwilling to meet me even halfway, therefore it is the ombudsman route after all ...
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 4th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    • 7,055 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Hi just sent of an email using the above link. Got reference number 14344331. Unsure if I need to do anything else. Desperate to get this resolved. Someone please help me.
    Originally posted by Joem1992
    Nothing else. You've posted the reference number on here and they usually contact you in a few days by phone.
    • pompeypete
    • By pompeypete 4th Oct 16, 8:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pompeypete
    VODAFONE MISTAKE...Should i fight..?
    I am writing to express my dissatisfaction and concerns regarding a bill of over £2500 which i have been struggling to pay off since last summer.. I have been a very loyal customer for many years now and I feel very disappointed. The bill is crippling me and i am struggling to pay it. I was MISOLD a MIFI dongle with "ALL YOU CAN EAT " data in my local vodafone store that in actual fact turned out to be "capped". Subsequent downloading during a 6 week period (between house moves) caused me to rack up the bill which vodafone have always refuted. With recent events coming to light should i question this bill.....??
    • loves a bargain
    • By loves a bargain 5th Oct 16, 10:19 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    loves a bargain
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...
    I want to make the biggest complaint anyone had heard about Vodafone.

Having been a customer for over 17 years, without ever defaulting my account, suddenly in March I received a text informing me that my phone and the other three numbers on my account had been cut off due to an unpaid bill. VERY Long story short...I have spend countless hours on the phone to Vodafone as they kept cutting me off even when my bill had been paid.
    They then, fraudulently took money from from sisters direct debit (that she had set up to pay hers and her husbands bill) £70 to cover all 4 mobiles for the month.
    More time spent on the phone, to so many different incompetent people I have no idea how many.
    I got to the stage after 5 months of hitting my head against a brick wall, literally being in tears talking to them, spending valuable time on the phone to hem while my young sons asked me why I was crying on the phone and not playing with them....eventually I contacted the ombudsman.
    Meanwhile they had defaulted my account a further three times because of their incompetence and I apparently owed them over £300 for the 4 phones. We haven't been able to use our mobiles for three months now and have Each spent over £30 in pay as you go costs.
    My only request was that Vodafone allows me to cancel my contract with them for free due to their failings.
    My mental health is suffering from the stress caused by this.

The ombudsman came back to me last week with a proposal that Vodafone would graciously half the bill owed (for phones we never even used!) to £170 and they would correctable the bad debt defaults against my credit history and write me a letter to apologise for any failings in customer services.

I cannot even begin to explain my disgust at the thought I will be stuck in a contract with Vodafone until March 2018. To have to pay them even another penny or give them another minute of my time is abhorrent to me.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to get out of this contract? I honestly feel so angry that the ombudsman have been so unhelpful and found in favour of this massive company with no small children, no feelings and no delicate mental health issues.

Please some one help me!
    • Froggy27
    • By Froggy27 6th Oct 16, 7:02 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Froggy27
    Just an update...after posting here somebody finally got in touch...still no satisfactory answer but some progress. Apparently they are waiting for my handset to be repaired...my problem is that it went from 7 days to now 3 weeks without a phone. Surely VF has a spare similar handset somewhere to loan? Well apparently phones at VF are very scarce!!! Baffling...and in the meantime my contract goes on and am paying for an absent phone...
  • Vodafone
    Hi pompeypete & loves a bargain,

So we can help you with this issue, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    Hi Joem1992,

We've received your email and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible regarding your issue.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • Shady45
    • By Shady45 8th Oct 16, 5:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shady45
    Found this thread when trying to find out if I was the only one Vodafone seemed to be punishing at the moment

I will start off by saying I have been a customer of Vodafone for around 15 years, we have three numbers on the account. I have usually had no issues over this time and the signal is good. However, in the last two years their service has been shockingly bad. I have never experience such disrespectful and incompetent service in honesty. I have only ever complained to one company in my lifetime - that being Vodafone when having issues last time!

I have spent around 12-13 hours trying to sort out Vodafone issues in the last week. First a lovely fella contacted my mother and refused to speak to me (even though I am named on the account with a password, allowing me to talk about contract details) and made out to her that if she did not agree contracts with him, we would lose the three numbers on the account.

So my mother, admittedly knowing very little about phones and what a 'GB' even is was sold contracts to apparently save us money. When I later looked in to the details - all three renewed contracts worked out more than what they previously were.

So then the numerous phone calls had to begin. These have varied from just being passed around different departments numerous times, agreeing contracts and later finding out they have not been applied, getting hung up on when asking for things in writing.

Finally thought we were getting somewhere with all contracts agreed. Then my phone is disconnected as Vodafone 'mistakenly' deleted my number, leaving it as 'not recognised' when people tried to phone me. Again numerous phone calls, being told different things by various people. So I was 6 days without a phone before it was activated again, albeit without my entertainment package.

Then I found out that the contracts agreed for the other two numbers on the account have not been actioned. So here I am, still trying to sort these out and getting nowhere. In addition, to re-activate my Spotify I was provided a link and told that even though it says it is a 9.99 subscription, to ignore it as it is automatically generated and can't be changed. I was assured there would be no subscription costs. When speaking to someone else later in the day, they told me that this was wrong and to delete that subscription as it will charge me.

So as we stand, still neither of the three numbers on the account are sorted. A lot of time, money lost and frustration - still getting nowhere.

As said, I have been a 'loyal' Vodafone customer for a number of years and this is the treatment you can get. I always defended Vodafone saying I had no problems with them and that the signal is good. Whilst the signal may be good, the customer service is utterly appalling.
    Last edited by Shady45; 08-10-2016 at 5:10 PM.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 8th Oct 16, 6:01 PM
    • 7,055 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Why does all that sound so familiar over the last few YEARS? Obviously didn't read any of this thread....
  • Vodafone
    Hi Shady45,

So we can look into this issue for you, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • chimney_sweep
    • By chimney_sweep 9th Oct 16, 11:08 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chimney_sweep
    I am not even a Vodafone customer and am affected by their incompetence. I am receiving bills for someone who does not live at my home. This has been going on for nearly a year. I have marked the bills "return to sender" and put them in the post box. Still the bills come. I have now twice called Vodafone about this complaining and giving the account details and the fact no one of that name lives here. I was assured I would receive no more bills. Yet I have just had one come in the post again yesterday.

I will now simply shred them???
    • Shady45
    • By Shady45 9th Oct 16, 2:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shady45
    Hi,

Thanks. I have done this. Although I have not received an automated reply yet.

I did reference the forum and post number in the message.
  • Vodafone
    Hi Shady45,

Please check your spam/junk folder as the email may have gone there.

If the email is not in your spam/junk folder, please submit the form again but limit the characters you put into the 'Question' box as this can sometimes stop the form being sent off.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 11th Oct 16, 10:36 AM
    • 7,055 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    As always Vodafone is a shambles - it doesn't make that clear when you take the time and trouble to fill it in or recover what you wrote as I recall.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 11th Oct 16, 10:50 AM
    • 908 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    I knew it was to good to be true.

Was on 'online chat' to retentions on 12 sep 2016 about adding roaming onto my account...after seeing there promotion about free roaming on PAYG....they wanted to extend my contract for another 12 months some declined that..

Then asked about a data sim for a iPad...got a offer of ten pounds for 10gb of data on a 12 month contract and cheekily asked for first month free.. ( that was agreed ) outstanding deal I thought....renewed my faith in Vodafone I thought....ill pass this news onto my friends I thought..

Oh no...got bill yesterday and been charged full price for it and no credit for first month free.

Why did I bother
    • Dand
    • By Dand 11th Oct 16, 5:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dand
    Hi. Have just registered on this site to try and get some help. Looks like I'm about to enter a world of trouble with 'porting' my old number from Tesco mobile to a new phone on Vodafone. I have a reference number following the instructions in the first post

Is this all I need to do for now?

I'm more than annoyed at the situation so far having been told in advance it would take "one working day", and have been lied to already by vodafone support. The latest is the 'porting' of my number is "stuck" and only "half complete", whatever that means and it will take another "3 days". This is totally unacceptable as the number I need is for my freelance business, and my old phone now has no network. I am completely un-contactable by phone. Please help asap.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 11th Oct 16, 5:31 PM
    • 7,055 Posts
    • 2,149 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    A taste of your new life under a two year contract with Vodafone. Unless you're one of the lucky few, watch out for no access to bills, charges higher than agreed when sold to, direct debit foul-ups and/or - worse of all - the opposite of customer services when they mess up (which they are highly likely to do).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,168Posts Today

5,570Users online

Martin's Twitter