Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• Karennaz
    Karennaz Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Please Please Help
    I had a contract phone ended contract and to keep number put it as pay as you go because we wanted to put it on another vodafone contract,
    The phone was disconnected on Monday and I have phoned and live chat since Monday to get the phone reconnected and kept being told it will be on Tuesday at 11am then 8pm them Midnight the same Wednesday nothing happened same Thursday nothing happened today is Friday and they have said the same for today. so now I have to wait and see but because of this I have lost a lot of money as I use this phone to get my work and no one can contact me so I have lost a lot of work I cannot believe that Vodafone cannot get there act together and do something so simple Can anyone suggest anything I am desperate
  • Rbg
    Rbg Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if changing services to another operator reason why I say that surely with pac codes that another operator would surely oblige also if you ask Vodafone them it my kick them in the direction it is a legal duty that you can ask for these hope this helps and I could be wrong and sorry if I am but think it's not if I understand correctly it's pay as you go
  • Rbg
    Options
    Legal duty and against the law to withhold the pac codes from you they will try n fob you off but be persistent even if not go in there shop to get em
  • kentbrown
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the form link.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    edited 26 May 2016 at 2:11PM
    Options
    I wrote a letter to Vodafone in August 2015 regarding my account which was in default. This letter was ignored and my debt was passed to Collect Direct UK Ltd. I had trouble with my finances and had got myself into debt. I managed to agree settlement figures with Barclaycard, Halifax and Santander, but, not with Vodafone. My father and I sent numerous letters to Vodafone which were largely ignored. It is now May and I have sent another letter to the Chief Exec office, offering a settlement figure. I received a phone call from a customer service agent, I was not in so I called back. The customer service advisor would not escalate my claim to senior management and would not let me speak to anyone in the Chief Exec Office. She also said that there would be no reply to my letter that I had sent. She said you can pay the full amount balance or we can go to deadlock. I would of thought an institution such as Vodafone would have the courtesy to reply to my letter but obviously not.

Having dealt with Barclaycard, Halifax and Santander customer service who were all excellent in helping me. I find Vodafone's customer service to be diabolical. But, having read all the forums and reviews this is to be expected.

Could anyone offer me any advice dealing with this situation?

Hi wolvesweaver00, Rbg, Cfcnick, Karennaz, and yiqian47,

So we can access your accounts to see what's happened, please contact us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we’ll check we've received it.

liviboy - As stated in my voicemail message yesterday, I'll call you again after 1pm.

If there's a specific time you'd like me to call between 1-3.30pm, let me know by replying to my email yesterday.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Karennaz
    Options
    Hello Lee
    Thank you so very much to responding to my message I have done what you have asked I am very desperate to get the phone reconnected on to pay as you go I can then get it moved to the contract
    I have been in contact nearly daily for 2 months trying to get things sorted But my thing today is to get the line reconnected so that we can receive call
    Re: WRT135 [#13367913]‏

Thank you again for responding
    Kind Regards
    Kaz
  • Karennaz
    Options
    I rewrote because I forgot to put the MSE Forum and this the ref No they gave me
    Sorry
    WRT135 [#13368301]‏
    Kind Regards
    Kaz
  • gjoyce1979
    Options
    I'm in the middle of an interesting complaint with Vodafone which I wanted to share and welcome any advice....

- It all started when I joined Vodafone from Three at the end of Mar-16. During porting there was an issue, leaving my number partially ported. I could make calls on my new Vodafone handset (old number ported) but couldn't receive calls, data, access voicemail, etc. Oddly, I could receive calls on my old three phone on the same number.

- I contacted vodafone, who acknowledged the 'partial porting' and confirmed it would be resolved within 24 hours; this is where the fun started.

- Over the next 7-10 days I had numerous web chats and phone conversations along the lines of: my phone hasn't ported....yes there is an issue....it has now been resolved....it will definitely be fully ported in 24/48/72 hours (the times varied).

- Along the way, I confirmed the promises being made (including the fact it had been prioritised/escalated), but was repeatedly let down. I recorded the web chat transcripts along the way.

- Also along the way I dropped in the idea of compensation for the continued loss of service, broken promises along the way, and progressively awful customer service I was receiving. On one web chat I was offered a refund/credit of 6 months line rental, which I was happy to accept.

- On a subsequent phone call I was told there was no record of the web chat where this offer was made, but fortunately I had saved the transcript. I was asked to take this to a store (apparently Vodafone customer support don't have email!) where a staff member could confirm what had been promised. I did this, and the Vodafone system was updated.

- On a subsequent web chat the following day (porting still not fixed) I reconfirmed the compensation I had been offered, and was told "this has now been applied to your account". They also confirmed that my direct debit debit would therefore not be taken for the first six months.

- Eventually the number fully ported, and full service achieved. However, direct debit payments started leaving my account. I contacted Vodafone by phone and they said they had the record of the final web chat, could see the offer made, but no such credit had been made to my account. At this point they said the offer was unreasonable, and would not be honoured! The best they could do was 1 month free line rental.

- Needless to say, I'm fairly miffed. It has been escalated to head office, and I await a call. I think I have a strong case to push for what I was offered, and intend to take it all the way. I'll keep you posted.

Top Tips:

- Do not believe 'promises' or 'guarentees' made on web chat. It would appear the agents do not have the authority to follow these through. Those I dealt with even lied, saying things had been applied when they had not.

- Save the transcripts of the web chats, as Vodafone cannot be trusted to do so.

Advice:

- How binding are the offers made over phone / web chat? Noting this was their offer (not my proposal) and it was made and confirmed multiple times by multiple people.

- Has anybody had similar experience? How was it resolved?
  • Rbg
    Options
    Thanks Lee I am sure your good at your job but unfortunately I would rather wait on ombudsman to sort it out. I been told by one call handler I was being charge for supposed calls that I know definitely I didn't make

And on another call handler I was told not to pay anything including the agreed contract which I now know is wrong advice intact very bad advice considering

You guys where even reported to trading standards as your company was trying to force me to settle charges. One adviser refused point blank to tell me my bill on the undisputed charges

It's been to the back offices team more times than I care to remember without any member from Vodafone contacting me. Intact I had to go to ombudsman without a deadlock letter

I even had text messages saying the bill been wipe only for it not to be

I have been disconnected four times possibly more

So as you can see it's been really nice being a costumer but thanks for the offer of email this quoting that but think it's beyond all that
  • jsb6574
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a large debt with Vodafone. This has accrued since the acrimonious break up of a previous relationship. I tried to deal with it back in February. When I contacted Vodafone they could not find any details. I was then contacted by a debt collection company called Fred something. They asked me to make a payment to clear the arrears. I was unable to do this and requested to set up a payment plan. They said that I could not do this at the time because they weren't collecting the debt, simply trying to take a bill payment from me. I have not heard anything since the end of April other than this company Fred something has passed the account back to Vodafone. Subsequently I have heard nothing. The last letter i had said I owed £2,500. On my credit file this morning it says my outstanding balance is £7430!
    Please could someone give me some advice.
    Thanks in desperation.
    James
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family