Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 25Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 31
    • Matty007
    • By Matty007 16th Sep 16, 10:12 AM
    • 167 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Matty007
    Charging after cancelled
    I hope that someone might be able to offer some advice.

I have a couple of accounts with Vodafone, my main one (£32.00 per month) and one that my wife used to use (£20.00 per month), all under my name.

Back in November 2015 we decided to get something cheaper for my wife she wasnt really using it much.

Vodafone have confirmed that in November 2015 and in December 2015 I requested a cancellation on my wifes number, they have the transcript of the chat, which confirms this.

However it seems that that number was used for a 2 minute call and 10mb of data and similarly in December 2015 and January 2016.

From February 2016 up until today it hasnt been used, yet I have been charged the £21.00 monthly fee as it seems the usage negated my cancellation, whereas I had assumed the cancellation would trigger non ability to use the device.

I am currently trying to collate all of the relevant information.

Could anyone please advise of perhaps the most effective way to get the 7 months from February 2016 of non useage and £140.00 @ 7 months refunded.

Regards
    Matty007
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th Sep 16, 5:17 PM
    • 6,951 Posts
    • 2,130 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Yes. Read the thread backwards. You are correct in the first place; using a contract still running doesn't affect the notice to cancel. However, if you asked for a PAC at any time that WOULD negate the notice, in which case - tough luck and give notice on both accounts now.
    • Matty007
    • By Matty007 19th Sep 16, 12:38 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Matty007
    Yes. Read the thread backwards. You are correct in the first place; using a contract still running doesn't affect the notice to cancel. However, if you asked for a PAC at any time that WOULD negate the notice, in which case - tough luck and give notice on both accounts now.
    Originally posted by mobilejunkie
    I didnt ask for a pac, I was not transferring or required to keep that number for a future deal.

Thanks for your help.
  • Vodafone
    Hello arkamz and Matty007,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

If you haven't done so already, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • davmail
    • By davmail 19th Sep 16, 3:13 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    davmail
    returning a Note 7
    I upgraded to the Note 7,then told to turn it off and send back to Vodafone,contacted Vodafone and Samsung,Samsung told me Vodafone will arrange,they told me to call on the 19th September when stocks in,I rang today,spent 35 mins on the phone,spoke to 4 different people,only to be told they do not have any,and maybe call back on Wednesday!!! I have no decent phone,using an old phone,so does Vodafone know when the phones are back???
    Kawasaki z750 Rider!
    • davmail
    • By davmail 20th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    • 369 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    davmail
    Obviously not.....no-one here.
    Kawasaki z750 Rider!
    • Matty007
    • By Matty007 20th Sep 16, 3:15 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Matty007
    Hello arkamz and Matty007,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

If you haven't done so already, please email us via the Contact us form here.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    I have done what you have asked, but no automated reply ???
    • jgibbo7
    • By jgibbo7 22nd Sep 16, 8:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jgibbo7
    Charged £160 for one months bill - incorrect?!
    Hi there,

I recently received a phone bill from Vodaphone of £160 for one month. This was a huge shock to me as it had never got to such a ridiculous number before, I had rung your customer services team and it took them 2 weeks to find out if they had made a mistake on my bill. I receive 8GB of data with my plan and I worked out that if the texts that warn you that you are going over your data are correct, that it is £6.50 for 500mb of extra data, I would of had to of used 17GB of data in one month?! and I do not use my phone to that extreme as I am on the Wifi all day at work and on my Wifi at home. I have been in contact 3 times now with your customer service team and no one could really give a straight answer and one of your employees was telling me it was £6.50 for 250mb of extra data which isn't what the text messages suggest. This still has not been resolved and I either wish to have this reimbursed or a breakdown on where I have used 17GB of data?!

Thank you
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 22nd Sep 16, 9:05 AM
    • 354 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Grrrr

Persuaded my mum to leave EE/Orange & get an iPhone 7 & port her number. Requested the port on Friday, provided the PAC code & was told, 'The number will be transferred Tuesday'.

Number not done Tuesday, so called up & was told 'Yeah sorry it will be done tomorrow, leave both phones off & it will happen'. 9pm yesterday still not done, called up & they said 'Oh the PAC code you gave us is wrong, call EE & check'...

Called EE who confirmed the port had taken place as the number was showing as a Vodafone number. Checked this morning & still nothing!!!
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 22nd Sep 16, 12:41 PM
    • 6,951 Posts
    • 2,130 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Hi there,

I recently received a phone bill from Vodaphone of £160 for one month. This was a huge shock to me as it had never got to such a ridiculous number before, I had rung your customer services team and it took them 2 weeks to find out if they had made a mistake on my bill. I receive 8GB of data with my plan and I worked out that if the texts that warn you that you are going over your data are correct, that it is £6.50 for 500mb of extra data, I would of had to of used 17GB of data in one month?! and I do not use my phone to that extreme as I am on the Wifi all day at work and on my Wifi at home. I have been in contact 3 times now with your customer service team and no one could really give a straight answer and one of your employees was telling me it was £6.50 for 250mb of extra data which isn't what the text messages suggest. This still has not been resolved and I either wish to have this reimbursed or a breakdown on where I have used 17GB of data?!

Thank you
    Originally posted by jgibbo7
    You'll get nothing resolved unless you follow the instructions repeated endlessly on this thread and actually contact the WRT.
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 23-09-2016 at 5:21 PM.
    • FrancesSamuel6
    • By FrancesSamuel6 23rd Sep 16, 1:51 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FrancesSamuel6
    Vodafone won't let me end contract without charge
    I was one of the customers to receive the text in June saying that I was eligible to leave my contract without charge due to the price increases to out of bundle charges. I've sent two letters to Vodafone but haven't heard anything. When I called them yesterday they told me that I wasn't eligible to leave without charge even though they've told me previously on the phone (and in the original text) that I am eligible to leave. Has anyone experienced anything similar and can help?
  • Vodafone
    Hi davmail, Oakdene & FrancesSamuel6,

So we can help you with this issue, please email us via the Contact us form here.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    Hi Matty007,

Please check your spam/junk folder as the email may have gone there, if not, please delete cache and cookies and try submitting the form again.

If you still do not receive the automated reply, please try again using an alternative email address.
    Something to note as well is that when filling in the 'Question' box you will need to limit the amount of Characters you use as this can sometimes stop the form from going through.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • Matty007
    • By Matty007 25th Sep 16, 2:25 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Matty007
    Hi Matty007,

Please check your spam/junk folder as the email may have gone there, if not, please delete cache and cookies and try submitting the form again.

If you still do not receive the automated reply, please try again using an alternative email address.
    Something to note as well is that when filling in the 'Question' box you will need to limit the amount of Characters you use as this can sometimes stop the form from going through.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    Is this all you now need ??

This was the numbered automated response ??

WRT135 [#14273219]
    Last edited by Matty007; 25-09-2016 at 5:43 PM.
    • Mercyk
    • By Mercyk 26th Sep 16, 10:04 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mercyk
    Still no solution
    Hello!

Following my last email to you I decided to take up a new contract with Vodafone for £10.80 per month. At first everything seemed fine. Only when I went to check my balance it was £18 and then £35 pounds and then today £84 pounds, I don't know how this is possible I haven't gone over my data and I have unlimited mins and text.!

Each time I contacted customer service they assured me I wouldn't get charged this..

Please can you resolve this issue for me I should only be paying £10.80.!

If the charges occurred the week of 22nd to 29th Aug when I was misinformed by your customer service about the deal I have, I don't see why I should have to pay for your mistakes.!

Kind regards!

Mercy kamau!
  • Vodafone
    Hi Matty007,

I've checked your reference for you, and can see that our team received your message yesterday, at 14:21 - they'll be in touch as soon as possible.

Hello Mercyk,

Please email us via the Contact us form here.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • squinty
    • By squinty 26th Sep 16, 7:08 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    squinty
    Wrt135 [#14278131]
    Hi

I logged a complaint earlier with the above reference. This gist of the complaint being that I sent my handset back for a repair for a fault the manufacturer acknowledges. However your repair centre informed me that a minor cosmetic scratch on the handset has voided the warranty.

I have now checked the form I was given when I took the handset to the local store. This very clearly notes the scratch is minor.

I'd like to send you a scan of this document. Please can you let me know where I can send this?

Thank you
  • Vodafone
    Hi squinty,

I've checked your reference and can see that our team have received your message.

Our team will most likely call you, and email - when they email, you can reply and include any attachments you like at this stage.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • flo_jo99
    • By flo_jo99 28th Sep 16, 10:43 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    flo_jo99
    Compensation
    Hi,

I've been reading this thread with interest and would be grateful if anyone is happy to share if they have been successful with regards to compensation from Vodafone.

I have raised my complaint with resolver, but as noted somewhere in this thread Vodafone haven't shown any interest yet in the slightest (it has 6 days before it can go before the CEO). I have also spent over an hour on the phone speaking to various people unsatisfactorily and have finally completed and sent off the Vodafone form as highlighted at the top of this thread. I couldn't put my complaint on the form as there wasn't enough room.

Without going in to all the details, my complaint relates to the billing fiasco due to a change in system at Vodafone, that left me having issues over a 6-7 month period, and then lately a suspension in service due to Vodafone not verifying my new bank details.

Thanks,
    • FrancesSamuel6
    • By FrancesSamuel6 28th Sep 16, 3:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FrancesSamuel6
    Vodafone/Nathan

I did that and it got me nowhere. I'm now in official deadlock with Vodafone and I'm hoping the Ombudsman can sort out this mess. I cannot wait to leave the company! Customer service is the worst I have ever come across.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,100Posts Today

7,195Users online

Martin's Twitter