Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I had convinced myself a salad for £6.75 was okay once a week as it is quite substantial, but actually it is expensive and I’m knocking that one on the head. I will take in my own in future, but why am I learning the same lessons over and over? :o

The money came back for the returned bag. £145. Great, but what possessed me to buy such an expensive bag anyway? :o

Fares/coffee and treats for team at work/reduced flowers/a bar of chocolate/herbs/lunch A GRAND TOTAL OF £29.50 spent today :eek:

Feeling a bit disappointed in myself MSE wise today...

Tomorrow will be a NSD as I am working from home so no fares. I’ll be working but also cleaning, soup making and working on my second job material. It will be nice to just be and not spend. :)

I hope you had a good day

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 20 March 2017 at 10:03AM
    I have woken up this morning aware that I am slimmer. I knew it because I am wearing jeans I last fitted into in 2015 when I was on holiday but this morning I consciously noted it. :)

The decrease in my weight overall (it goes up and down but overall it is down) is due to some of the things this debt journey has taught me

Defer… I choose not to spend (or eat chocolate) today knowing I can do so tomorrow. I know I spend in a disappointing way (eat in a disappointing way) when I am not organised.

When I plan my spending/eating I am more mindful and maker better money/food decisions

When I spend/eat I am more mindful. I think about whether I want it really? I don’t spend or eat on autopilot as a rule. I think, will I regret the spending/eating?

I do not get it right all of the time for either spending or eating but most of the time I do and before this journey most of the time I didn’t.

I now think I can arrive at my DF date slimmer and fitter. :D

This morning I made some bean burgers with feta and quinoa.

It is my day off and going to do some work on my other creative job

There is cleaning to do, but sod it I am going for a 4 mile walk today to blow away the cobwebs instead :)

I wish you all a fab start to your week

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    What a lovely, positive and inspirational post. Soubds like you're doing well on both fronts!

It's so satisfying to fit into something previously too tight so enjoy that feeling.

Hope you have a lovely day off and get to balance project work with something enjoyable.

Have a good one!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Hope you have a lovely day off and get to balance project work with something enjoyable.
    Thanks JoJo. It's a work day today and yesterday was swallowed up somehow so feeling a bit overwhelmed again. I have a lovely friend staying over tomorrow as we are off to a concert. I need to do nice things so will try not cancel in favour of completing my ToDo list!!

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    Yes, you need some fun so try to relax and enjoy your concert with your friend.

I regularly have days where I achieve nothing and it's so demoralising, but try not to let it get you down. Even if you can achieve one thing from your to-do list today, that might pick you up a bit?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Agree with JoJo.
    My one job for today is to get a PAC code.
    After my marathon phone call with BT yesterday I definatly need to work up to this.Sign.
    Enjoy the concert.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I got a PAC code recently but it took me to threaten to go to of com after some little squirt told me it was his job to provide me with options and it was my job to discuss these. Haven't quite figured out which payroll I'm on!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I got a PAC code recently but it took me to threaten to go to of com after some little squirt told me it was his job to provide me with options and it was my job to discuss these. Haven't quite figured out which payroll I'm on!

You could not make it up:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Thanks JoJo and Beanielou, I did indeed go to the concert and spend time with my friend. It was lovely to spend time with her and I tried to be good company despite my feelings of overwhelm. We had a glass of wine too. House in too much of a state for a sleepover so I must do better there :o

I hope the PAC code issues have been resolved?

I am paid and I have made payments to my debt. Pleased to report a payment of £1,650. :eek: It was hard to do and is an eye-watering amount for me but it takes my debt from the mid 12s into the 10s and INOD I still have a £300 in savings due to a surprise creative work payment :)

Part of this sum is my cooker money which I will save again and buy it in the Autumn.

I am WFH today so should be able to get in a bit of cleaning and soup making...:)

Have a good day everyone

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    Wow - that's an amazing payment to your debt! Wow! That must feel so good :) I'm so impressed :)

Sounds like all your little extras are helping you along. What soup are you making? I have all the ingredients for Jamie's mexican tomato soup so i'll be making that on Sunday for next week's lunch. Yum.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport