Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • majorwally
    • By majorwally 14th Jan 16, 1:30 PM
    • 122Posts
    • 42Thanks
    majorwally
    Is Arise a real work at home opportunity?
    • 14th Jan 16, 1:30 PM
    Is Arise a real work at home opportunity? 14th Jan 16 at 1:30 PM
    I am with Total jobs looking for part time work.

They sent me details of Arise which looks Ok, but I always get nervous with work at home opportunities.

Anyone got any experience with it?
Page 1
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 14th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    • 14th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    • 14th Jan 16, 2:25 PM
    Yes it is genuine, I did it for about a year.

You will need to register a Ltd company, costs £10-20 or so and you may have to pay for your training too, about £10-£40 depending on the company you are working for.
    Matched Betting novice - Earnings this week - £38 so far.
    • majorwally
    • By majorwally 14th Jan 16, 4:12 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    majorwally
    • 14th Jan 16, 4:12 PM
    • 14th Jan 16, 4:12 PM
    Are the earnings any good and regular?
    • CACHAF
    • By CACHAF 15th Jan 16, 12:03 AM
    • 130 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    CACHAF
    • 15th Jan 16, 12:03 AM
    • 15th Jan 16, 12:03 AM
    Yes, it's real. My husband has been with them for two years.

It all depends what project you get onto. You have to choose hours weekly and it's first come, first served so there isn't always the hours you want at the time you want if they don't need many staff in that slot. However, it works for us and we're happy with it.

Payment is the 9th and 23rd of each month straight into the bank and are minimum wage plus bonuses.

You need a phone line, good broadband, computer, Ethernet internet, police check, credit check for fraud (no more than two ccjs or bankrupt I think) and training costs of about £40. Training periods are usually four hours a day for four or five weeks and are unpaid so with the costs above it can be hard to get started,but once you're going it can work really well.
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 821 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    As above, earnings are generally just above minimum wage but some do pay a bit higher.

They pay reliable but hours vary, as you get more established you can pick and choose more hours but you may struggle to begin with getting more than about 15 hours a week.
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 15th Jan 16, 4:19 PM
    • 12,635 Posts
    • 10,739 Thanks
    paddyrg
    • 15th Jan 16, 4:19 PM
    • 15th Jan 16, 4:19 PM
    Whoa, they are making you engage as your own limited services close company? That may cost £30 to register but it commits you to around £1000 a year in accountancy costs - it's far from simple to complete your year-end correctly and in a legally compliant manner - and HMRC won't cut you much slack, business directors are assumed to be competent.

I imagine they do it in order to create an employment firewall between themselves and yourself, not for your own advantage.
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 18th Jan 16, 8:50 AM
    • 821 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    • 18th Jan 16, 8:50 AM
    • 18th Jan 16, 8:50 AM
    It costs £2-300 to engage an accountant for this type of tax return, plenty of people I know work for Arise and pay this type of fee.

Absolutely it's to Arise's advantage to do this.
    • murphy306
    • By murphy306 18th Jan 16, 12:55 PM
    • 387 Posts
    • 901 Thanks
    murphy306
    • 18th Jan 16, 12:55 PM
    • 18th Jan 16, 12:55 PM
    I had thoughts about doing some work with Arise, went through the process and a couple of their outsourced companies contacted me. I registered with them and heard nothing. They advised that they dealt directly with Arise and that was the loophole so that I did not need to set up my own "company" to work for them. Callcatcherz was one of them cant mind the name of the other.
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 18th Jan 16, 1:38 PM
    • 12,635 Posts
    • 10,739 Thanks
    paddyrg
    • 18th Jan 16, 1:38 PM
    • 18th Jan 16, 1:38 PM
    It costs £2-300 to engage an accountant for this type of tax return, plenty of people I know work for Arise and pay this type of fee.

Absolutely it's to Arise's advantage to do this.
    Originally posted by scaredofdebt
    £200-300 is VERY cheap for a limited company annual return. I would suggest anyone approaching this actually get some quotes from accountants before pressing ahead - just in case they re unable to get a rate so low.
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 18th Jan 16, 2:13 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    I had thoughts about doing some work with Arise, went through the process and a couple of their outsourced companies contacted me. I registered with them and heard nothing. They advised that they dealt directly with Arise and that was the loophole so that I did not need to set up my own "company" to work for them. Callcatcherz was one of them cant mind the name of the other.
    Originally posted by murphy306
    Yes, you can work under the umbrella of another company, so they have the hassle of the tax returns etc. Arise pay them your earnings and they forward this onto you.
    • CACHAF
    • By CACHAF 19th Jan 16, 2:26 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    CACHAF
    Most people don't start their own ltd company, they join one that is already in existence. We pay £30 a month to one and they cover everything, all paperwork, accounting, reporting of hours and payments to us. Then all we have to do is submit the tax return at the right time.
    This works well for us and was our easiest option.
    • manutd99
    • By manutd99 14th Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    manutd99
    I am considering Joining Arise. At the moment I am thinking of Joining an existing company to see what it is like.

Just want people's opinions. Anyone work for them?

Also one of main queries is hours. I believe it is a first come first serve basis. How easy is to get the hours you want? At the moment I can only 9am-3Pm or 8PM onwards. Any clients where if you are online when they are released you can expect to get some hours between 9-3 or these hours are tough to get and/or go pretty quick?

Any clients do 8PM onwards. eg 8PM-12am

Appreciate if someone can reply or PM me if confidential to release client details. I am still looking around for a company to work for so if I get the details from someone and they are also looking for Agents we can end up helping each other.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,399Posts Today

7,830Users online

Martin's Twitter