Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • guir1
    • By guir1 13th Jan 16, 5:44 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    guir1
    at stage 2 but made no contact
    • 13th Jan 16, 5:44 PM
    at stage 2 but made no contact 13th Jan 16 at 5:44 PM
    I will be brief:
    I am not the driver.
    Received NTK - ignored as I did not research at the time.
    Received the next one where they are after the registered keeper - me. Ignored this one too as did not bother researching what to do next at the time.
    Started to get the usual DRP - making a collection and ignoring.

Started researching and am a bit confused as to what I need to do next:

1. Wait for PPC to send me a letter pre court and then respond and with what?

2. Ignore until I receive proper court letters and then engage?

The reason for my confusion is that I have read a lot on this and other forums and occasionally the advice is conflicting and just want the latest advise on best course of action.

I do not want to disclose the name of the PPC or the location at that stage but I can tell you that the PPC is a member of the dodgy IAS
Page 1
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 13th Jan 16, 5:53 PM
    • 2,241 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 13th Jan 16, 5:53 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 5:53 PM
    Hi and welcome to the forum ....

can you please do a time scale ........

why will you not name the PPC ?

promise we will not be frightened

have you read the newbies thread ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Ralph
    • guir1
    • By guir1 13th Jan 16, 6:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    guir1
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:03 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:03 PM
    alleged parking - beginning of September'15
    NTK - if I received , I ignored and did not keep so no date
    Parking Charge - Keeper Liability letter from PPC - mid October'2015
    DRP letter collection from beginning of December

I just do not want a representative of the PPC to be looking out for information here and relating it to my case.

I have read all the treads from the top.
    The problem is I missed on vital stages of the process regarding responding to the PPC and pushing for POPLA code etc.

I think I can form a good defence if it comes to it. The parking bay turned out to be residential and is next to a small supermarket bays which are operated by different PPC. It is signed by both PPCs but it is also confusing as the residential bay was just opposite the cash machine operated by the supermarket. You can see where this is going?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jan 16, 6:07 PM
    • 12,413 Posts
    • 14,813 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:07 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:07 PM
    you didnt appeal at the time so you are no longer in control of the issues, the PPC is

they have 6 years to try a court claim, so its those letters you watch out for, if they ever try court, which may never happen

in the crabman sticky thread is an LBCCC sticky thread, this details an LBC, but is out of date so really needs updating by a solicitor such as lazydaisy who wrote it

with an LBC, you either respond robustly, or ignore

with debt collector letters, you ignore them, this is covered in the NEWBIES READ THIS sticky thread, yet people dont seem to grasp the essence of the word IGNORE

with actual court papers, only a fool would ignore them
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • guir1
    • By guir1 13th Jan 16, 6:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    guir1
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:14 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:14 PM
    Redx
    I am in total IGNORE mode right now. The advise I was asking is should I continue to be in total ignore mode or respond when inevitably the DRP will go back to the PPC and then the PPC will try to threaten me with court. Should I wait for that stage and respond to the PPC using the template for the initial response or should I continue to ignore?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jan 16, 6:16 PM
    • 12,413 Posts
    • 14,813 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:16 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 6:16 PM
    that is your choice, not for us to decide

as I already said, you either respond robustly to any LBC from the PPC, or you continue to ignore, pending court papers, its your choice to make, there is no easy answer
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jan 16, 12:17 AM
    • 40,411 Posts
    • 52,297 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jan 16, 12:17 AM
    • 14th Jan 16, 12:17 AM
    Redx
    I am in total IGNORE mode right now. The advise I was asking is should I continue to be in total ignore mode or respond when inevitably the DRP will go back to the PPC and then the PPC will try to threaten me with court. Should I wait for that stage and respond to the PPC using the template for the initial response or should I continue to ignore?
    Originally posted by guir1
    DRP don't take it back to the PPC, not really. It tends to end up in a black hole. DRP and Zenith just run through the usual letter chain then mostly these die out after a few months.

TOTAL IGNORE MODE for debt collector stage is recommended.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• guir1
    • By guir1 10th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    guir1
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    i had my court hearing today - I won
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Oct 16, 11:23 PM
    • 5,356 Posts
    • 4,886 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:23 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:23 PM
    now name the company!
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Oct 16, 12:51 AM
    • 40,411 Posts
    • 52,297 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    i had my court hearing today - I won
    Originally posted by guir1
    The BMPA (I'm a member) are aware of at least one case won today but I know you may prefer not to come back for 21 days to report on this.

Please do come back and tell us more when you can...don't forget to update us in November.

Well done!

PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Kind Of Irritated
    • By Kind Of Irritated 12th Oct 16, 1:44 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    Kind Of Irritated
    pappa golf - replying to this mainly because I loved this:

Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    But also because I agree people who are telling us they won should at least share HOW they won.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,726Posts Today

7,126Users online

Martin's Twitter