Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bchong
    • By bchong 13th Jan 16, 1:12 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 9Thanks
    bchong
    Highview Charge notice at Urban Exchange.
    • 13th Jan 16, 1:12 PM
    Highview Charge notice at Urban Exchange. 13th Jan 16 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all,

I received a charge notice for over staying. I have read the newbie threat and get in touch with Aldi as regular customer and they have replied that they do not appoint Highview Parking thus they could not ask instruct them to cancel the ticket.

I am planning to submit on-line appeal through the website and with the templates from newbie threat.

Hopefully they will reply with a POPLA Code for me to appeal through it.

Cheers for all the information here. It is so useful but so much to digest at the same time and at some point I felt like I just want to pay the £40.

I am actually not living in the country at the moment when I this charge was issued and tempted to ignore it. However reading through all the treats and keep seeing foot note of Umkomass that Don't pay but Don't ignore it either which definitely have drill it in my head.

EDIT: I notice their email address is Highviewparking@appealpcn.co.uk which is odd. Should I email them of post a letter instead?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by bchong; 13-01-2016 at 1:41 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jan 16, 1:14 PM
    • 48,897 Posts
    • 62,394 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jan 16, 1:14 PM
    • 13th Jan 16, 1:14 PM
    Good, come back at POPLA stage for assistance to win.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• garr007uk
    • By garr007uk 13th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    garr007uk
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    Charge notice for stay at urban exchange for 01:14 minutes
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:29 AM
    Hi
    Today I received a parking notice for a stay that lasted the whole of 01:14 whilst I used the Aldi store at Urban Exchange.
    Highview parking say ive breached there parking regulations but I really cant understand how when I was just over 1 hour.
    I will appeal this, but should I just give my individual circumstance and mention the short stay or should I include the full appeals template?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 13th Jul 17, 9:52 AM
    • 2,280 Posts
    • 3,407 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:52 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 9:52 AM
    Hi
    Today I received a parking notice for a stay that lasted the whole of 01:14 whilst I used the Aldi store at Urban Exchange.
    Highview parking say ive breached there parking regulations but I really cant understand how when I was just over 1 hour.
    I will appeal this, but should I just give my individual circumstance and mention the short stay or should I include the full appeals template?
    Originally posted by garr007uk
    Why don't you start your own thread instead of hi-jacking one 18 months old?
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    • 48,897 Posts
    • 62,394 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    Hi
    Originally posted by garr007uk
    Neither - do this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72331390#post72331390

Love the Highview '2 hour cancellation challenge'. Tell us when they cancel!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Maria Apost
    • By Maria Apost 22nd Jul 17, 10:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maria Apost
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:53 AM
    Highview Parking Charge Notice
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:53 AM
    Hi all,
    I would be really grateful if you could help me with this charge notice I received from Highview Parking.
    Simple story:i parked my car in Urban Exchange-Ancoats Manchester on 03/07/2017.
    I used M&S on the retail park but finally I didn't buy anything.
    I received the notice because the recorded duration of the stay was 1hour and 22 minutes.
    I checked on line and they offer 2 hours free parking.
    I saw that i had to ask for a free parking voucher from the checkout area when I completed my shop.
    But i haven't bought anything and apart from that I didn't see any notice.
    Any idea what can i do?

Thank you very much!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 22nd Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    • 32,402 Posts
    • 16,495 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    You must start your own thread if you need advice

Everyone is asked not to start a thread until they have read the newbies faq thread at the top of the page, and then do so if they have questions not covered there
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 48,897 Posts
    • 62,394 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 22nd Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    Hi all,
    I would be really grateful if you could help me with this charge notice I received from Highview Parking.
    Simple story:i parked my car in Urban Exchange-Ancoats Manchester on 03/07/2017.
    I used M&S on the retail park but finally I didn't buy anything.
    I received the notice because the recorded duration of the stay was 1hour and 22 minutes.
    I checked on line and they offer 2 hours free parking.
    I saw that i had to ask for a free parking voucher from the checkout area when I completed my shop.
    But i haven't bought anything and apart from that I didn't see any notice.
    Any idea what can i do?

Thank you very much!
    Originally posted by Maria Apost
    No need for any new threads about Highview, who will skedaddle by next week:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5612169

Calm down - stop taking it so seriously - and let us know if you beat the 2 hour record for cancellation if submitting the usual template appeal from the NEWBIES thread on Monday morning (choose a working day next week, to test the 2 hour record!) or the one shown there in the link.

Be careful NOT to add anything saying who was driving. It is THAT simple.

See you next week when you tell us it is cancelled. No need for a new thread, you can update this one for completeness.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,775Posts Today

6,656Users online

Martin's Twitter