Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bluelass
    • By bluelass 5th Jan 16, 3:36 PM
    • 512Posts
    • 340Thanks
    bluelass
    Uncles Interfering Friend What To Do About It?
    • 5th Jan 16, 3:36 PM
    Uncles Interfering Friend What To Do About It? 5th Jan 16 at 3:36 PM
    I hope everyone on here had a nice Christmas and have a good 2016. Ok over the xmas period my family have had some consternation with a man who tells us he is a close friend of my elderly uncle. My uncle is 81 and for the last 4 years has been getting bad on his feet and cant walk very far. Recently he has been refusing to take his medications which include chlesterol and blood pressure tablets ad is getting aggressive and forgetful. He is a big man over 6ft and heavy and my aunt who is 78 could not provide care for him if he could not move or walk around the house. My aunt and my cousins have been advised he needs to move into 24 hour care and have looked at some local care homes to find the right one. However my uncle goes out for a drink twice a week and has made friends with a man about 10 or so years younger than himself and my uncle has told him that they want to put him in a home. On xmas eve I was visiting my aunt and my cousins were there too. This friend of my uncles knocked on the door and told us all we are bad for making him go into a home and had a go at us all. One of my cousins told him to leave and my aunt told us that it isn't the first time he has been to the house. This man has told my aunt if she puts my uncle into care he will protest at the home staff and will even call social services because he doesn't think my uncle is ill enough and we just want him out of the way. On new years day he went round again and said if and when my uncle goes in a home he will take him out and not return him there. The man has phoned age concern and my aunt has had a social worker call round regarding allegations made. My oldest cousin (44) has called age concern back to tell them the situation regarding this man. And we have now found out my uncle has told him he doesn't want to go in care. What can be done here?. My aunt has been told next time the man calls round to tell him to go and if he refuses to call the police. My uncle needs to go in care but is trying to get this person to have it stopped.
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
Page 7
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Mar 17, 7:45 AM
    • 18,317 Posts
    • 46,884 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Just to point out that the OP - bluelass - hasn't logged in to MSE since June 2016.

Pity really, her threads always provided entertainment, although some of them were eventually closed.
    I recall the Munchausen's Syndrome one.

I miss bluelass.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 13th Mar 17, 4:01 PM
    • 5,477 Posts
    • 24,875 Thanks
    thorsoak
    ...she might be back! :-)
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 13th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 8,784 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Isn't she busy at the moment, planning her wedding?

........ or is that Pippa Middleton, the lady lucky enough to be the spitting image of bluelass
    • Bath cube
    • By Bath cube 13th Mar 17, 8:30 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Bath cube
    Others on here have posted their opinions on this post and I'm entitled to my opinion too. I do think bluelass es uncle sounds like a nefarious self important elderly man. No I'm not her oe know her in anyway. I live in suffolk not manchester. And why would anyone post something like this unless it actually did happen?. When I went on to further education after leaving school I spent 14 months working part time in a council run elderly people's home. And trust me they were some men and women like this man there not all residents but a few. Not all elderly people are warm and cuddly personalities sat fondling reminiscing with fellow residents. It was the worst job I ever has and the 14 months felt more like a decade. I was covering for someone on long term sick and was I relieved when they returned.
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 14th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 7,611 Posts
    • 16,788 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    The plot thickens...

HBS x
    I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

#JC4PM
    • tea lover
    • By tea lover 14th Mar 17, 12:31 PM
    • 7,994 Posts
    • 35,716 Thanks
    tea lover
    Others on here have posted their opinions on this post and I'm entitled to my opinion too. I do think bluelass es uncle sounds like a nefarious self important elderly man. No I'm not her oe know her in anyway. I live in suffolk not manchester. And why would anyone post something like this unless it actually did happen?. When I went on to further education after leaving school I spent 14 months working part time in a council run elderly people's home. And trust me they were some men and women like this man there not all residents but a few. Not all elderly people are warm and cuddly personalities sat fondling reminiscing with fellow residents. It was the worst job I ever has and the 14 months felt more like a decade. I was covering for someone on long term sick and was I relieved when they returned.
    Originally posted by Bath cube
    Well this seems like quite a Freudian slip bluelass.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 14th Mar 17, 5:27 PM
    • 23,235 Posts
    • 90,160 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Sixteen posts and knows where the daft old troll said she lived?

Remarkable...
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 14th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 24,744 Thanks
    suki1964
    Let's not mention that Bluelass also had doubts about ' f hinds'
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 14th Mar 17, 6:11 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 8,784 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Sixteen posts and knows where the daft old troll said she lived?

Remarkable...
    Originally posted by Jojo the Tightfisted
    To be fair bluelass does mention Manchester in her signature.

If she uses the word "hubs" to refer to her husband that would be a clincher.
    • Bath cube
    • By Bath cube 21st Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Bath cube
    Bluelass has your uncle gone into a home and your aunt returned to the marital home or got her own apartment?.
    • annandale
    • By annandale 21st Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 926 Posts
    • 1,981 Thanks
    annandale
    Shes not logged in since the middle of last year. Don't think you'll get a response
    • elsien
    • By elsien 21st Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 15,292 Posts
    • 38,384 Thanks
    elsien
    I'm Spartacus?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 21st Mar 17, 8:22 PM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,155 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Bluelass has your uncle gone into a home and your aunt returned to the marital home or got her own apartment?.
    As been pointed out the OP or Bluelass hasnt been on since last year.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 21st Mar 17, 8:26 PM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 19,155 Thanks
    DCFC79
    And why would anyone post something like this unless it actually did happen?. When I went on to further education after leaving school I spent 14 months working part time in a council run elderly people's home. And trust me they were some men and women like this man there not all residents but a few. Not all elderly people are warm and cuddly personalities sat fondling reminiscing with fellow residents. It was the worst job I ever has and the 14 months felt more like a decade. I was covering for someone on long term sick and was I relieved when they returned.

People do post stories that can be untrue just to get a reaction from the community/ the forum, must real bored to do that though.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 21st Mar 17, 10:05 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 8,784 Thanks
    LilElvis
    No. I believe that the aunt moved into the under-occupied home of another relative, along with her step-son, his new squeeze and her football-team sized brood.

I also have it on good authority that they have all received invitations to Pippa's wedding so we should look out for them all in the hallowed pages of Hello in due course.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

104Posts Today

2,922Users online

Martin's Twitter