Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Futuristic
    • By Futuristic 4th Jan 16, 4:27 PM
    • 638Posts
    • 325Thanks
    Futuristic
    157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc
    • 4th Jan 16, 4:27 PM
    157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc 4th Jan 16 at 4:27 PM
    Seems like very easy money!

No monthly fee Online and mobile banking 24/7 support Contactless card (subject to status) Overdraft can be arranged (subject to status, you must be over 18) Must be a UK resident aged over 16.

Potentially no mention of any switching :/

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-co-operative-bank-current-accounts/
    Last edited by Futuristic; 04-01-2016 at 5:53 PM.
Page 14
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 7th Oct 16, 12:47 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    Candyapple
    I hope you don't mind me asking but is cash back ever declined after it has been confirmed for quite some time? Matt from TCB is looking into my claim but I wonder if, even now, it could still be declined by Co-op Bank.

Thank you

Crimson
    Originally posted by Crimson60
    Yes, as this is what has happened to me. Was fine for months and then I checked my account and noticed they had sneakily changed it to 'declined' It's currently been sat in support tickets for about 3 months now awaiting TCB to add it to their backlog of claims apparently.
    • Crimson60
    • By Crimson60 7th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    • 512 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    Crimson60
    Thank you very much for replying, Candyapple. Of course I hope to be wrong but I suspect mine may run into difficulty. I was bordering on being hopeful once it changed from pending to confirmed.

I hope you get yours.

Crimson
    • tg99
    • By tg99 7th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    tg99
    I'm thinking I might complain to Coop re my declined 157.50 rather than wait for TCB to deal with it. Coop paid up straight away when I phoned them about my Quidco decline though that was after Quidco reached the end of the road and I had to email Coop the various evidence supporting my claim. Think they will be much more reticent in paying up thus time given it's more than triple the amount.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 8th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 1,614 Thanks
    MABLE
    Am I right in assuming the 150 is paid direct to the account holder by the Co Op bank and the TCB cash back part is paid independently.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 8th Oct 16, 10:30 AM
    • 617 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Am I right in assuming the 150 is paid direct to the account holder by the Co Op bank and the TCB cash back part is paid independently.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    Yes only the TCB part is paid by TCB when/if they receive the CB 'from the merchant' which is usually an affiliate company used by the merchant, in this case Co-op Bank.

That's why I think when anyone says complain direct to the Co-op, Nationwide, whoever about missing cashback it tends to go nowhere unless the bank decides to make a goodwill payment to get rid of you.

I tried this process with Nationwide directly and they were adamant they were not liable for missing cashback, I made a complaint which was not allowed. Strangely the cashback from TCB became payable during my phone call to Nationwide CS after months of waiting. That's an amazing coincidence
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 8th Oct 16, 10:44 AM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 1,614 Thanks
    MABLE
    Yes only the TCB part is paid by TCB when/if they receive the CB 'from the merchant' which is usually an affiliate company used by the merchant, in this case Co-op Bank.

That's why I think when anyone says complain direct to the Co-op, Nationwide, whoever about missing cashback it tends to go nowhere unless the bank decides to make a goodwill payment to get rid of you.

I tried this process with Nationwide directly and they were adamant they were not liable for missing cashback, I made a complaint which was not allowed. Strangely the cashback from TCB became payable during my phone call to Nationwide CS after months of waiting. That's an amazing coincidence
    Originally posted by Yorkshire Pud
    Thanks for the useful info. As long as I receive the 150 then the effort will have been worth it but will not hold out for the TCB incentive. They have already decreased my pending amount from 57 or there abouts down to 44. I now see Co oP are now offering no incentive going via TCB. So its possibly the pending amount will go down to zero.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Oct 16, 3:45 PM
    • 7,383 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Co-operative bank account - 126.25
    Anyone who has had Cooperative Bank Cashback via Topcashback declined and is in two minds whether to pursue the matter -

Co-Operative Bank answered my complaint which solely related to Topcashback 126.00 Cashback decline with a screen shot as per top half of link stating I failed to meet those T+C which everybody can see is T+C for Cooperative Bank own 150.00 incentive offer, absolutely nothing to do with Cashback offered via TCB, hence opening words " In addition to the cashback offer from TopCashback"

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-co-operative-bank-current-accounts/

Co-operative Bank 150.00 offer didnt start until 3 May

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5457918
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 12-10-2016 at 4:21 PM.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 12th Oct 16, 5:33 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    blf I don't think Co-op will deal with any TCB related claim directly.

I think it has to go through TCB into the ether of their mysterious missing cashback process taking months/years.

Its already been 6 months since account opening!

Co-op I mean their affiliate still haven't managed to tell TCB what the 'additional' information is that they need from the Confirmed to Declined group
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Oct 16, 5:52 PM
    • 7,383 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    blf I don't think Co-op will deal with any TCB related claim directly.

I think it has to go through TCB into the ether of their mysterious missing cashback process taking months/years.

Its already been 6 months since account opening!

Co-op I mean their affiliate still haven't managed to tell TCB what the 'additional' information is that they need from the Confirmed to Declined group
    Originally posted by Yorkshire Pud

Letter reply from Co-Operative Bank referred to "switching incentive in April through Topcashback(TCB)"

My Findings are ......

"The TCB offer excluded existing customers who ............"

"When you took part in the TCB offer you already held ,,,,,,"

"Due to this, You werent eligible to receive the TCB incentive amount"

I plan to offer Co-Operative Bank a second chance to resolve complaint thus avoiding probable FOS fee, and making themselves look entirely stupid and incompetent.

Due to ongoing wait for payment of the TCB cashback, additional time spent on the matter, inconvenience etc, I will ask for additional 100.00 to resolve the complaint
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Oct 16, 6:18 PM
    • 4,266 Posts
    • 3,480 Thanks
    badger09
    Letter reply from Co-Operative Bank referred to "switching incentive in April through Topcashback(TCB)"

My Findings are ......

"The TCB offer excluded existing customers who ............"

"When you took part in the TCB offer you already held ,,,,,,"

"Due to this, You werent eligible to receive the TCB incentive amount"

I plan to offer Co-Operative Bank a second chance to resolve complaint thus avoiding probable FOS fee, and making themselves look entirely stupid and incompetent.

Due to ongoing wait for payment of the TCB cashback, additional time spent on the matter, inconvenience etc, I will ask for additional 100.00 to resolve the complaint
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    Hmmm

I have a printed copy of the TopCashback incentive applicable when I applied on 9th April. There is absolutely no mention of existing customers.

I haven't yet submitted a formal complaint to Co-op as I have only recently started the missing cashback process with TCB. I've waited 6 months already, so another month won't hurt.

Do keep us updated.
    • wearside
    • By wearside 13th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 1,421 Posts
    • 883 Thanks
    wearside
    How long do you have to keep an account at the CoOp Bank? I switched last JUne and received the 150 incentive in July. Is it too early to switch the account to Nationwide?
    To Dare is To Do
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 14th Oct 16, 8:56 AM
    • 398 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    ratechaser
    Hmmm

I have a printed copy of the TopCashback incentive applicable when I applied on 9th April. There is absolutely no mention of existing customers.

I haven't yet submitted a formal complaint to Co-op as I have only recently started the missing cashback process with TCB. I've waited 6 months already, so another month won't hurt.

Do keep us updated.
    Originally posted by badger09
    I don't suppose you would mind posting a copy of these T&Cs would you (pretty please)

...as I'm sure others including myself will be getting a similar letter for the April offer...

I'm certainly in a pugnacious mood over this one. Declining after it was confirmed in particular has got my back up!
    • keiran
    • By keiran 14th Oct 16, 10:24 AM
    • 333 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    keiran
    The t's and c's of the 105 offer are below:-

Note it mentions an OLA number - this is of no consequence - something from a previous Santander cashback offer, just copied and pasted in these vague t's and c's

"""

The Co-operative Bank - Current Accounts Cashback

No monthly fee Online and mobile banking 24/7 support Contactless card (subject to status) Overdraft can be arranged (subject to status, you must be over 18) Must be a UK resident aged over 16.

Exclusive Offer! 105.00

Terms & Conditions and other useful information
    What will stop me getting cashback?
    If the application has been generated via another site (such as a price comparison site) or advertisement, the sale will not be attributed to TopCashback and you will not receive your cashback
    This program is being monitored, any abuse of the terms in any way may result in your account being terminated
    Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts
    Using a promotional/voucher codes not posted and approved by TopCashback.
    What else is essential?
    Cashback will only be paid to customers who take out a Co-operative Bank Current Account and transfer to it as their active current account
    To ensure that your transaction tracks and to receive your cashback you must generate a new application
    Cashback will only be paid to customers who take out the product and transfer to it as their active current account with active direct debits and transfer at least 800 each month for 3 months
    Cashback will only be paid to customers who switch to a Co-operative Bank qualifying current account using the full Co-operative Bank current account switch service, which will include closure of your old account with a different provider on the day that your switch is completed
    Make sure you have third party cookie tracking enabled and you allow the confirmation page to fully load before closing the window

Good to know
    Cashback is only paid on approved applications which are completed online and within 30 days from application. Any application that needs to be followed up offline (for example, to show proof of ID in a branch) or is over the 30 day time frame from application won’t receive cashback
    The rates above include a bonus relevant to your membership level - 5% for Plus members and 1% for classic
    After submitting an application you will be given a reference number beginning with OLA. Please keep a note of this number as it will be required if you need to submit a cashback claim
    Cashback paid through TopCashback is only paid out once per customer
    From time to time information displayed here may be out of date.
    Cashback rates are subject to change both up and down.
    Recurrences on the amount of purchases that can be made while earning cashback may be limited.
    The Co-operative Bank - Current Accounts cashback can be earned simply by clicking through to the merchant and shopping as normal.
    Please be as thorough as possible when completing your details online to help avoid the application being followed up offline and becoming ineligible for cashback
    Transactions will initially track at 0.00 and uplift on validation
    Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this retailer to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics.
    This merchant calculates cashback excluding VAT, delivery and any other charges.
    The Co-operative Bank - Current Accounts Cashback is available through TopCashback on genuine, tracked transactions completed immediately and wholly online.

What to do when
    The vast majority of transactions from merchants track successfully, occasionally a transaction may not get reported. If you believe this to be the case, please submit a "Missing Cashback" query within 100 days of the transaction, we will be unable to chase up claims older than this.
    Some merchants may not be forthcoming with untracked cashback. We endeavour to chase untracked cashback but reserve the right to halt enquiries at any time. Please do not make purchase decisions based upon expected cashback as it is not guaranteed.
    About your purchase
    To open an account you must be a United Kingdom resident aged 16 or over. To have an Account you must receive regular payment (e.g wage, salary, and pension) which you must pay into your Account

It is a condition of having an Account with The Co-operative Bank that you haven’t had any CCJs, been declared bankrupt or defaulted on any credit agreements in the last 6 years

"""
    • nervous_switcher
    • By nervous_switcher 15th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nervous_switcher
    I opened a co-op account recently and I have 40 cashback pending from TCB with an estimated payable time of 29 weeks. I was wondering if this is a reasonable estimate or is it likely to take much longer for it to actually be paid?
    • badger09
    • By badger09 15th Oct 16, 11:39 AM
    • 4,266 Posts
    • 3,480 Thanks
    badger09
    I opened a co-op account recently and I have 40 cashback pending from TCB with an estimated payable time of 29 weeks. I was wondering if this is a reasonable estimate or is it likely to take much longer for it to actually be paid?
    Originally posted by nervous_switcher
    I suggest you read back over a few months of this thread. Several of us had (previous TCB offers) sit as Confirmed for many months, only to see them suddenly convert to Declined, for no apparent reason
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 15th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 398 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    ratechaser
    Thank you Kieran!
    • Deru
    • By Deru 16th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 531 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    Deru
    Co-op Bank has completed disappeared from the TCB site.

I can't even raise a ticket as I can't select them. All other Co-op services are still there. Doesn't show under my Declined cashback list anymore either.

Anyone else got this problem now?
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 16th Oct 16, 11:14 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Co-op Bank has completed disappeared from the TCB site.

I can't even raise a ticket as I can't select them. All other Co-op services are still there. Doesn't show under my Declined cashback list anymore either.

Anyone else got this problem now?
    Originally posted by Deru
    They aren't offering cashback now for new applicants.

You should be ale to raise a support ticket as you can ask TCB any question without selecting from a list?

After 6 (long!) months the declined cashback slips off the list but its still there if you select show older transactions at the foot of the 'current' less than six months list.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 30th Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    • 7,383 Posts
    • 9,561 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    CO-OPERATIVE BANK ACCOUNT - 126.25 - Confirmed Then Declined
    I was wondering if anyone else has had the same 18.02 Sunday email/missing cashback claim message from TCB in response to claim submitted on 27th September

30 Oct 2016 Hi there,

Thanks for the information that you have provided with regards to this claim, however, we have noticed your claim as part of our pre-submission preparation checks and we have identified a potential problem that we could use your help with.

Can you please provide the email address that you used to make your purchase and the date you opened your account?

Please get back to us by posting a message on the conversation thread.

Thank you in advance for your time, we always feel it best that any corrections are made prior to your claim being sent over for inspection in giving it the best chance of being successfully processed.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 30-10-2016 at 7:09 PM.
    • okydoky
    • By okydoky 30th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    okydoky
    I was wondering if anyone else has had the same 18.02 Sunday email from TCB in response to claim submitted on 27th September

30 Oct 2016 Hi there,

Thanks for the information that you have provided with regards to this claim, however, we have noticed your claim as part of our pre-submission preparation checks and we have identified a potential problem that we could use your help with.

Can you please provide the email address that you used to make your purchase and the date you opened your account?

Please get back to us by posting a message on the conversation thread.

Thank you in advance for your time, we always feel it best that any corrections are made prior to your claim being sent over for inspection in giving it the best chance of being successfully processed.

Kind regards,
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    Yes, got this as well. Bit worried now as my TCB account in my name but Coop account is in my wife's name, will that make a difference I wonder??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,077Posts Today

5,380Users online

Martin's Twitter