Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    • 4,425Posts
    • 13,810Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
    • 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen! 4th Jan 16 at 11:12 AM
    Happy New Year everyone!

Well after over 6 months of being away I'm back and raring to go. So new diary time, 2015 was a carp year and I'm glad to see the back of it, so its a new year of looking forward and not dwelling on the past.

Will update some more later.x.

Page 51
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Dec 17, 11:13 AM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 13,810 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    I might of just spent £85 on new knickers, jeans and an xmas jumper on M&S site, to be fair I did get £5 off jumper and 20% off knickers, all are needs, well maybe the jumper didn't need to be an xmas one but is was cute and will last me several years.
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."

Debt free and saving for my future
    • chanie
    • By chanie 7th Dec 17, 3:21 PM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 8,507 Thanks
    chanie
    Well done, Penny.

I’m pleased you have treated yourself. Whilst saving is important, you must still enjoy life. It’s nice to have a few new bits to enjoy in the run up for Christmas, isn’t it. Are you going to wear your new items on Xmas day.
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £867.18
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Dec 17, 5:15 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 13,810 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Well done, Penny.

I’m pleased you have treated yourself. Whilst saving is important, you must still enjoy life. It’s nice to have a few new bits to enjoy in the run up for Christmas, isn’t it. Are you going to wear your new items on Xmas day.
    Originally posted by chanie
    Definitely going to wear the crimbo jumper, but will probably wear it before as it is cute.

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Dec 17, 5:19 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 13,810 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    DH picked up the rug I won and it is brand new, its nothing fancy just a plain cream/beige but does the job and at least if the dog ruins this one it hasn't cost a fortune.
    DH also had a small spend of £5.10 on rice and milk at the supermarket.
    Amaz0n order arrived so we are stocked up on washing powder and dishwasher tabs.

£2.50 redeemed into paypal from a survey site, apart from that all quiet.

Its so cold outside I really hope we don't get snow.

• Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 7th Dec 17, 9:20 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 28,092 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad you bought something nice. Christmas jumper will last for years - I've got two Christmas long sleeved tshirts that come out every year
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 8th Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 13,810 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning.

Gosh its a cold one but at least it hasn't snowed.

Been awake since 5am, so used the time to do some surveys, have managed to redeem a £5 amaz0n voucher from swagbuck$ and £5 prepaid card from 1say, all adds up.

Last nights kofta's went down well, DS complained after he has wolfed the lot down that they were a bit spicy, but he ate them so that's progress. Not sure what tea tonight will be as i'm out again, meeting friends for Italian happy hour, not sure I want to go but i'm sure I will be fine once out, only staying for the meal i'm not up to going round pubs and a) I can't drink and b) I don't want knocking into.

Dh is off today so we are going to try and finish Christmas shopping this afternoon, would be nice to get it done and dusted, then I can relax and just think of the nice stuff like decorating the house and baking scrummy treats.

Hope everyone is keeping warm today. xx

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 8th Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Have a lovely day Pennywise x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 8th Dec 17, 11:04 AM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 13,810 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    So fed up with husband, maybe i'm being oversensitive or just stupid but i'm so upset.
    Months ago DH wanted to go and see a band that he really likes, I like them to but not as much as him, so tickets went on sale we were both at work and they sold out in minutes and didn't get any, people were selling them on for silly money and I point blank refused to pay hundreds of pounds to see a band, months have passed havn't thought about it since until DH said the other day the band have released more dates,tickets go on sale Friday, Dh rang me this morning as he had to nip out for an hour to ask me to try and get tickets, I had completely forgotten he had mentioned it, said yes as long as they are not silly money again. so I managed to get tickets for DH and rang to tell him to be told I will give you the money they are your Christmas present.
    I'm so upset, I've been dropping hints that I would like to go away for a weekend just the 2 of us,that it would be good for us after everything. Mentioned it would be nice to go back to paris, also showed him a lovely hotel in Venice by a canal. How I would like to go to Ireland one day as I have never been. Wouldn't it be nice to go back to the hotel where we got married, All those kind of things. Obviously hasn't gone in or he just doesn't want to go with me.
    I'm so angry that after such a horrible few months that he couldn't just think about me, I don't know maybe spoil me a bit and make me feel special, I feel carp about how I look now and it just makes me think he doesn't want to be with me or he thinks she is fine now I can carry on living my life.

I hope he stays out now, he has ruined my day and I really don't want to go shopping or out tonight.
    Last edited by pennywisepoundstupid; 08-12-2017 at 11:38 AM.

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 8th Dec 17, 11:53 AM
    • 612 Posts
    • 3,472 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I'd be cross about that too. Why not buy the nice weekend for your present to him?
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 8th Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 13,810 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    I'd be cross about that too. Why not buy the nice weekend for your present to him?
    Originally posted by redofromstart
    I have bought us a night away at a hotel in a place we first met, organised MIL to have the kids etc. I'm just cross that I feel like it's me that has to think about the relationship all the time and I just for once wanted him to think oh she has had a really carp time I will spoil her a bit, at least then I would know that he still wants to be with me. I've got a big birthday coming up in a few months and nothing has been mentioned, we went to the US for his .
    I actually feel like ringing a taxi and just disappearing off for a few days, but that wouldn't be fair on the kids.

• debtfreeoneday
    • By debtfreeoneday 8th Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    • 2,786 Posts
    • 9,546 Thanks
    debtfreeoneday
    Men sometimes!!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53
    Credit card debt: £4392 over three credit cards.
    MFW (01/15) £118,031.21 £95,324.07
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 8th Dec 17, 5:05 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Do you thinking telling him will help?

I know we feel we shouldn't have to but smalls Dad wouldn't take hints about anything! Even if it was something for him. But I definitely think you need to speak to him (bluntly) and put the point across as straight as you can x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 8th Dec 17, 8:57 PM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Sorry to hear DH upset you. I hope you still managed to have a nice day and have gone for the meal out.

Genuinely think you should tell DH how you feel Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in December 1/5
    Lbs lost 10/107.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 8th Dec 17, 9:45 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 28,092 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    I know there are exceptions, but most men just don't think unfortunately unless it's beer or food related.

He should've been more considerate after all you've been through. You need to remind him. I think most of us have been down this road with our OHs to be honest.
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 9th Dec 17, 8:38 AM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 22,839 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    ((PWPS))

I'm with Sun Addict on this, most men don't think about things like relationships or how their partners feel, as long as they are ok and have everything they want.

I wont give more relationship advice as I have asked DH for a divorce

Must really post on my diary about it.

Hope you managed to go out last night and enjoy your time with friends.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 9th Dec 17, 10:04 AM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,236 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Hope you are ok EE. Hugs Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in December 1/5
    Lbs lost 10/107.
    • MMC87
    • By MMC87 9th Dec 17, 10:09 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    MMC87
    I’m an emotional time bomb so I’d have gone loop-the-loop about this!
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 9th Dec 17, 7:48 PM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 18,418 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Cant believe DH has done that Pennywise, I hope youve told him!!!

Fingers crossed he is secretly planning something for your birthday xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £6936.45 - 04/09/17 - 70.99% paid off
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 10th Dec 17, 9:53 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 28,092 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Hope you're ok now Pennywise xx
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 11th Dec 17, 2:17 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 13,810 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Many thanks to everyone for kind words and support.

Cut a long story short> we ended up having a blazing row, well more me shouting and telling him so home truths and Dh sitting looking like a rabbit in the headlights, think he realises he messed up, we then sat and talked about the future and what we both want and the fact he has to get a grip and realise he is forty and needs to start saving money etc. We will see what happens!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,498Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin