Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    • 4,430Posts
    • 13,833Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
    • 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen! 4th Jan 16 at 11:12 AM
    Happy New Year everyone!

Well after over 6 months of being away I'm back and raring to go. So new diary time, 2015 was a carp year and I'm glad to see the back of it, so its a new year of looking forward and not dwelling on the past.

Will update some more later.x.

Page 50
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 3rd Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 1,484 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Hi pwps, just checking in to wish you all the best after your great news it must be such a weight off your mind after all that's been happening. I hope you are feeling a little better and a little stronger each day.

I totally agree with your not telling others about the money, and staying frugal and doing the surveys for the rewards it all helps.

Hope you're having a great weekend, H x
    Debt: Overdraft 2 £1200/ now £1000 Credit card £2200 now £2050 Car - £8825.44
    PAID - Computer £646.52, Overdraft 1 £2200
    Emergency fund: £50 General savings: £50
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 3rd Dec 17, 3:00 PM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 28,146 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Good idea not to tell the children about the money - they'll just start making lists!
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Dec 17, 9:06 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Evening.

Quiet day pottering about, although don't feel as though I have managed to get much done.
    I have opened an ISA ready for money arriving, also when money does arrive will I have any problems paying off CCs, there is 5k on one and just wondered if it would cause problems paying that much money off at once.
    Kept up with surveys today and have redeemed a £5 amazon voucher from swagbuck$ and have enough to redeem another voucher from I-say but the site is being stupid and really slow. Will try again in the morning. Couple of £bay sale so should be another £10 for savings pot. I do need to change my sig as everything is going to change to saving money which seems very strange after years of throwing everything at debt.

Off out tomorrow night for a bite to eat with a friend I havn't seen for ages, which will be nice, just a happy hour curry so won't be mega expensive and DH is dropping me off and picking me up.

Hope everyone is ok.xx
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."

Debt free and saving for my future
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th Dec 17, 9:01 AM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Good morning.

My bank account is the healthiest I have ever seen it, I have already made a payment to mbn@ and T£sco cc, moved money into isa and put money for holiday into saving account, need to pay barc card but a new statement is due so waiting for that and need to also pay off n£xt. by the end of this week I will be debt free and have money in savings. This has never happened in my life, I feel quite sick how much has gone off the debt 15k, but I'm debt free and now I can concentrate on saving for my future.

Paid £5 onto DS dinner account this morning.Managed to redeem £5 voucher from isay which I received straight away and has gone straight to n£xt account. Also put £15 into general savings account, I want to build this up as my emergency fund, then the rest can then go in my isa.

I have manage to get caught up with surveys this morning, I have some £bay parcels to wrap and a couple of bits to list. Need to wack a colour on my hair before i'm seen out tonight and rest of the day is pottering around tidying up. Also need to chase up a hospital appointment.

Hope everyone is ok.x.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 5th Dec 17, 3:26 PM
    • 8,400 Posts
    • 47,239 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Happy money day .

Enjoy your night out tonight Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in December 1/5
    Lbs lost 10/107.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 2,841 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Happy money day .

Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    From me too
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • amber03
    • By amber03 5th Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 798 Posts
    • 4,711 Thanks
    amber03
    Keep up with watching where the pennies are going and in no time you will have a decent amount in savings. It's been recommended that you should have a £1000 emergency fund for everyday emergencies and a three month emergency fund in case you lose a job or need time off and need money to cover the period. I'm not doing to bad at the moment, will be glad when I have finished buying Xmas stuff so I can get back to saving decent amounts.xx
    Debtfree and and staying that way.
    £1000 Emergency fund No.112 £310
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th Dec 17, 1:29 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Happy money day .

Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    From me too
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Thankyou .

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th Dec 17, 1:30 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Keep up with watching where the pennies are going and in no time you will have a decent amount in savings. It's been recommended that you should have a £1000 emergency fund for everyday emergencies and a three month emergency fund in case you lose a job or need time off and need money to cover the period. I'm not doing to bad at the moment, will be glad when I have finished buying Xmas stuff so I can get back to saving decent amounts.xx
    Originally posted by amber03
    Thanks for posting, the plan is to save as much as possible now.

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 6th Dec 17, 1:35 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 3,510 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Oh I am so very pleased for you - that is great news. I keep my diary running even though we have finally (after five years of up and down) cleared the actual debts because it keeps me focused.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon.

Lovely catch up last night with friend and a low spend as I spent £11.95 in total, stuck to the happy hour menu and drank soda water.

Seems a bit of a bitty day and I don't seem to be getting much done, lots of phone calls and chasing things up, must ring doctors shortly.
    Received a £15 and a £5 amaz0n voucher from different survey sites today, so I have done a bulk buy shop of washing powder and dishwasher tablets.
    Have a couple of bits to list on £bay and also to wrap, also won a huge living room rug brand new for £27, very pleased just need to get DH to collect it.

Hope everyone is ok.x.

• chanie
    • By chanie 6th Dec 17, 3:28 PM
    • 1,713 Posts
    • 8,540 Thanks
    chanie
    Well done with all your activities - every little helps, doesn't it.
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £867.18
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th Dec 17, 3:30 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Oh I am so very pleased for you - that is great news. I keep my diary running even though we have finally (after five years of up and down) cleared the actual debts because it keeps me focused.
    Originally posted by redofromstart
    Thankyou, I think keeping a diary going will also keep me focused.

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th Dec 17, 3:31 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Well done with all your activities - every little helps, doesn't it.
    Originally posted by chanie
    Hi chanie, I just hope all the little things will add up and keep me from getting back into debt.

• enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 6th Dec 17, 3:45 PM
    • 4,844 Posts
    • 9,147 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    So pleased that your health insurer paid off but sorry to hear of your recent health worries. At least you no longer have the debt worries and I would also say keeping a large emergency fund is a good idea so that if you need time off work and your sick pay is lower than your wage you have a decent buffer there.

Maybe put the amount you were paying off the debt into a combination of savings and treat fund?
    1 week to go until early retirement. Debt free and mortgage free.

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 6th Dec 17, 3:59 PM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    So pleased that your health insurer paid off but sorry to hear of your recent health worries. At least you no longer have the debt worries and I would also say keeping a large emergency fund is a good idea so that if you need time off work and your sick pay is lower than your wage you have a decent buffer there.

Maybe put the amount you were paying off the debt into a combination of savings and treat fund?
    Originally posted by enthusiasticsaver
    Thankyou, That's exactly what i'm going to do, I will put half in my ISA which is not to be touched and half to savings or treats and holiday, I have also put some money into emergency fund which if used has to be filled back up to £1000 before i'm allowed my treats if that makes sense.

• Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 6th Dec 17, 9:35 PM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 28,146 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Fab news the money came through. Hope you manage to earmark some for a little treat After all you've been through recently this is so very well deserved.

Although I've been debt free a few years now I still keep my diary on here as it keeps me on the straight and narrow; it could so easily go the other way again.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Dec 17, 9:11 AM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning.

Spent a fortune so far this morning and its only 9am, Lots of Christmas presents ordered ( I must be nearly done). £100 transferred to DD bank account as her work cheque hadn't cleared and she is going xmas shopping after school, this will be repaid. Ordered a battery off ebay for a clock that stopped ticking months ago, its a stupid funny shape battery and I always forget what size it is when out.

Plans for today are get downstairs tidy, light the woodburner, bake a cake and make beef kofta's for tea. Catch up on some surveys, nothing is near payout which is annoying. Amazon order is due today and I have already started list for my next one but need amazon vouchers first.
    Chase up form from doctors that they have filled in with the wrong dates twice, surely today will be 3rd time lucky.

Have a great day.x

• hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 7th Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 327 Posts
    • 1,484 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Sounds like a lovely day already, glad everything is going OK but make sure you continue to look after yourself.

H x
    Debt: Overdraft 2 £1200/ now £1000 Credit card £2200 now £2050 Car - £8825.44
    PAID - Computer £646.52, Overdraft 1 £2200
    Emergency fund: £50 General savings: £50
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 7th Dec 17, 11:11 AM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,833 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Sounds like a lovely day already, glad everything is going OK but make sure you continue to look after yourself.

H x
    Originally posted by hugglemonster
    Thanks Huggle xx

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,252Users online

Martin's Twitter