Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    • 4,439Posts
    • 13,872Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
    • 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen! 4th Jan 16 at 11:12 AM
    Happy New Year everyone!

Well after over 6 months of being away I'm back and raring to go. So new diary time, 2015 was a carp year and I'm glad to see the back of it, so its a new year of looking forward and not dwelling on the past.

Will update some more later.x.

Page 49
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 28th Nov 17, 8:25 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning.

Great nights sleep, almost pain free so i'm getting there slowly.

£43 sent across to xmas pot, spent £7 so would have been £50 on a stocking filler for MIL.
    Today is going to be a spend day £5 has gone onto DS school dinner account as its Tuesday. Meeting a friend for tea tonight hoping to spend no more than £20 on a main meal and drink.

£3 amaz0n voucher redeemed from swagbuck$, so i'm now waiting on £28 in amaz0n vouchers and £20 in n£xt vouchers from various sites.
    Hope they hurry up and send them I have Christmas presents to order.

PLans for today are to do some general housework, list and wrap £bay bits, surveys ad catch up on washing.

Kids are pestering for Christmas tree to go up , told them they need to wait at least another week, we always have a real one so they will have to wait until DH goes and buys one which won't be until I tell him to .
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."

Debt free and saving for my future
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 28th Nov 17, 9:45 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Received a £3 amaz0n voucher from SBs and redeemed a £10 amaz0n voucher from GTM.
    So waiting on £35 amaz0n voucher and £20 N£XT voucher.

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 29th Nov 17, 8:10 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning.

Quick catchup whilst finishing my cup of tea, then I need to get showered and dressed.

I have paper work job to get on with this morning, several £bay parcels to wrap, washing mountain to deal with, make meat and pot pie for tea and a cake. Dr appointment this afternoon, need to pop into a shop and get teabags as nearly out.

Payday tomorrow so have checked bank accounts this morning and done a sweep of £14 to the Christmas pot, i'm wanting to go and finish buying everything next week and then I can get it wrapped, waiting on some amazon vouchers so I can get one of DS presents which is really annoying. Fingers crossed they land in my emails this week.
    Just paying minimums off debt this month with it being Christmas I don't want to find i'm short of money, I will start again in the New year over paying, May even start a new diary.

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 29th Nov 17, 11:06 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 3,058 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Don't do too much! x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 29th Nov 17, 9:46 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Evening i'm knackered tonight, going to go to bed shortly.

Managed to get half the paperwork done, will do the rest in the morning once kids have left for school, should have it done in 2 hrs.
    Lots of £bay parcels wrapped and taken to the post office and more have been paid for/sold this afternoon/evening. so that's another job for the morning along with doing some listing.
    Only managed one load of washing today which is pitiful really, need to get on with it tomorrow otherwise its going to get unmanageable.
    Small spend ina1di on teabags,fruit and sandwich bits, went to the docs everything seems to be ok and going the right way, only annoying thing was I had ordered a repeat prescription to pick up today as I already had an appointment so thought kill 2 birds with 1 stone and being the braindead muppet that I am had ordered it to be sent to the other surgery (practice has 3 surgeries) 4 miles away so Dh had to drive me over.

So with 3bay sales today I have hit Christmas goal and have started on money for tutor.

Quite a few surveys done today but nothing near payout, but will keep plugging away.

Payday tomorrow, so money to be shuffled around and have a big huge massive shop coming from Mr M £170 , thank goodness we are at inlaws for xmas dinner and I don't need to do a huge Christmas shop as well.

Night x
    Last edited by pennywisepoundstupid; 29-11-2017 at 9:52 PM.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 30th Nov 17, 1:51 AM
    • 8,407 Posts
    • 47,291 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Shame about the surgery mix up, but otherwise all is sounding good penny. Hope you are getting time to relax too Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in December 1/5
    Lbs lost 10/107.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 30th Nov 17, 7:22 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    It's bl***y freezing this morning, thank goodness I don't need to go out, although this house is so cold, I love old houses, there character and history but what I would give right now to be in a modern draught proof house that doesn't cost a fortune to heat and its going to get colder .

Payday today , money shuffle done. couple of sales overnight, i'm sure some people wait up until midnight for there pay to go in. So need to sort those out. Mr M coming this evening and its a huge shop so hubby will need to give me a hand with it.

Plans for today -
    paperwork
    washing and more washing.
    tidy kitchen
    Make pasta bake and the cake I didn't make yesterday.
    wrap £bay items and do listings.
    Do a general potter around returning things to there rightful place, why do kids/husbands leave a trail of stuff where ever they go.

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 30th Nov 17, 3:42 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    I'm sat in shock I have had a phone call from my health insurance provider, i'm going to receive a payment, a large payment. Not life changing like winning the lottery, but enough to pay off my debts and have a bit left over. I really don't believe it, I didn't think they would pay out, read so many horror stories about people with breast cancer not having the right type of cancer or it not being further along enough for them to pay out that I honestly thought I wouldn't get anything. I burst into tears on the phone to the poor lady that rang me, I don't know what she must have thought. I don't think I will believe it until it is sat in my account.

I can't stop laughing and then crying, I can't believe it.

• chanie
    • By chanie 30th Nov 17, 8:09 PM
    • 1,716 Posts
    • 8,553 Thanks
    chanie
    That’s amazing news, after everything you’ve been through. What a wonderful early Christmas present.
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £867.18
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 30th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 8,407 Posts
    • 47,291 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Amazing news and so very well deserved . Hope it has sunk in now Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0

NSDs achieved in December 1/5
    Lbs lost 10/107.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 30th Nov 17, 8:19 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    That’s amazing news, after everything you’ve been through. What a wonderful early Christmas present.
    Originally posted by chanie
    Amazing news and so very well deserved . Hope it has sunk in now Xx
    Originally posted by please-let-me-be-lucky
    Thankyou so much,It hasn't sunk in. They have sent me an email with it all set out and a letter is also in the post but until it is there in my account I don't think I will believe it, I just kept asking the lady if she was joking through sobs. I keep giggling to myself then crying, my emotions are all over the place.

• Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 30th Nov 17, 9:46 PM
    • 4,761 Posts
    • 28,345 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    What fantastic news You deserve some good news after all you've been through, so pleased for you

Funnily enough two people I work with who have been treated for cancer highly recommend taking out critical illness cover. One of them said it paid off her mortgage.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 1st Dec 17, 8:30 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    lcc86
    Fantastic news for you pennywise! These things are always worth having, and what a weight off your mind for your recovery. So pleased for you xx
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 28/11/17 - £132 £667/£1,000 emergency fund £640 saved for household jobs
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 9:08 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 3,058 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Echo everyone else.

You definitely deserve some good and time to recover without worrying

Have a lovely day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 1st Dec 17, 9:25 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Many thanks for all you kind words, it still doesn't seem real and I suppose until the money is there and everything is paid off it won't do.
    Need to sit and discuss things with DH properly, why is it children know the minute adults want to talk about something, we have decided not to tell the children about the money. I don't want people in my real life knowing I just want to carry on as normal being frugal, making the kids wait/earn what they want. I don't want it to be suddenly we have all this extra money let's go mad.
    DH laughed at me last night when I was sat doing surveys as if to say really, you have just had THAT news about the money and your sat ding surveys, but everything needs to continue as normal, he also laughed at me when I said I was going to treat myself to a new jumper from primarni. I think when you have got into a MSE mindset it is hard to get out of it.

Going to do a quick tidy round this morning, going out for lunch with a friend, but just somewhere local and cheap . Farmer person has asked me to do more paperwork after I finished the last lot, so I will do that Sunday as DH/DD are both working and DS has a football match that FIL is taking him to so I will have a couple of hour to just knouckle down in peace.
    I have a couple of bits to list/wrap for £bay and some surveys to catch up on.
    Tea tonight is chicken curry but I think it will just be 3 of us as DS is going into town after school which means he will either end up in KFC/Mc D.

Think that's all for today.

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 2nd Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Morning.

Lovely catch up with friend yesterday and I only spent £6.60 on sandwich, potion chips to share and a pot of tea.

Nipping into town this morning, DS needs a trim and I need to get some wrapping paper, DD has seen some jeans online that she would like for xmas but I said she needs to try them on and make sure they fit, I always find jeans difficult to buy as I have wide hips/narrow waist and I think DD is going to be the same.
    I have a £5 off £25 spend on food in M&S so thought I would use it and get some boxes chocs/biscuits that I want for xmas presents.Also need to buy a token birthday present for friends little boy (thinking book) and a new baby girl gift.
    Also need to get a bottle of wine to take to friends tonight, we are having a takeaway DH is going to pay for our half.

Plans for today-
    Shopping.
    £bay wrapping
    £bay listing
    wrap birthday/new baby present.
    Go through finances
    sort xmas present list
    washing/ironing.

Have a great weekend

• mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Dec 17, 4:31 PM
    • 5,632 Posts
    • 18,558 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Wowwee Pennywise, just catching up from your news the other day . Brilliant news! I love how you are still carrying on as is... this is really good.

Hope the money comes through quickly xx
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £6936.45 - 04/09/17 - 70.99% paid off
    • amber03
    • By amber03 2nd Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    • 798 Posts
    • 4,729 Thanks
    amber03
    Brilliant news penny wise, good start to 2018. I have been debt free for about four years now but still in the frugal mindset. I occasionally treat myself but have three months emergency saving . I think at the back of my mind is I was once in debt never want it to happen again. If u keep up all these frugal ways(with an occasional treat), then u will soon have a decent amount in your savings.xx
    Debtfree and and staying that way.
    £1000 Emergency fund No.112 £310
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 3rd Dec 17, 8:18 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Wowwee Pennywise, just catching up from your news the other day . Brilliant news! I love how you are still carrying on as is... this is really good.

Hope the money comes through quickly xx
    Originally posted by mummytogirls
    Brilliant news penny wise, good start to 2018. I have been debt free for about four years now but still in the frugal mindset. I occasionally treat myself but have three months emergency saving . I think at the back of my mind is I was once in debt never want it to happen again. If u keep up all these frugal ways(with an occasional treat), then u will soon have a decent amount in your savings.xx
    Originally posted by amber03
    Thankyou, Plan is pay off all debt. book a week in spain for summer hols so we have something to look forward to, rest is going in a saving account that cannot be touched and needs both mine and DH say so to withdraw. Then just carry on as normal, I'm adamant I don't want people to know, I don't want the kids thinking that they can suddenly have x,y and z or telling people that mum has got x amount of money and I also know that there would be people crawling from the woodwork wanting to borrow cash,also some people in my real life would be funny about it, maybe a little green eyed, which I know is a horrible thing to say.

I am going to stay with a diary on the debt free board, as I like it here everyone is lovely and also a diary will keep me focused on my goals.

• pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 3rd Dec 17, 8:44 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Good start to the morning checked emails and have received a £10 amaz0m voucher from GTM, so can order DS gloves now.

Still waiting on £25 in amaz0n vouchers and a £20 n£xt voucher.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter