Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 438Posts
    • 2,446Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2016 - Jul £110.10 / Jun £146.71 / May £137.38 / Apr £132.90 / Mar £70.47 / Feb £220.46 / Jan £171.62 / Dec £245.54 / Oct £78.52 / Sep £ 158.38 / Aug £314.63 / Jul £309.69 + £497 dormant account / Jun £120.44 / May £165.17
Page 37
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 12th Oct 16, 11:32 PM
    • 3,816 Posts
    • 9,665 Thanks
    Hermia
    Is anyone here doing the study '4+ DAYS, 10 MINUTES PER DAY: Long-term engagement with an impulsivity test (IV)'. If so, what browser are you using?

It clearly states that the task takes 10 minutes per day, but today it took me 1 hour to do this task, the same time that it took me yesterday. I did the task quickly, so it can't be that I was going too slowly. At this rate, it's only £1 per hour.

I don't understand how people can do this task so quickly. It's separated into about 6 different blocks and the delay time between each part is about 10 seconds. It's literally impossible to do the task in 10 minutes.
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    I am using Firefox on a really old laptop. As I said above it took 12 minutes today and about the same time to do yesterday. It sounds like it must be a browser/software issue. I could not do the task any more slowly because if you don't click as soon as the circle comes on screen it disappears.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 13th Oct 16, 7:48 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    I've just done today's and again, it took about 12 mins to do.

I'm really bad at it though
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 13th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    I've just had the reminder to complete the long term study in my messages which has the following info in it
    An important notice

---------------------------

The task shouldn't take more than ~13minutes to complete. If it's taking longer than that, then something is going wrong and the data collected will be invalid. If you're really keen, and you're using Chrome, then you can try to fix it:

Type chrome://settings/ into the URL bar, then go to Advanced -> System is "Use hardware acceleration where available". Make sure it's ticked!

IF it's still really slow, then please don't feel you need to complete the experiment. I'll go through your data rejecting unusual cases and awarding partial payments where necessary, but please don't spend more than 15minutes a day doing the test.

Contact me if you have any further questions.
    I expect everyone has had the same message, but might not have seen it. Its worth noting that if its not working correctly for you that you may not get all or any payment, and so you might want to think about cutting your losses.
    • C J
    • By C J 13th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 4,036 Thanks
    C J
    I did part 1 yesterday but the screen froze on the very last page which was supposed to give me the unique code to be able to do part 2 today. The researcher said it didn't matter, and that I could access it through Prolific with my ID but it's not showing up on the site for me. Grr.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 13th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    The link should be :

https://mindgames.firebaseapp.com/task.html?prolific_pid=your_prolific_id_here
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 13th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    I did part 1 yesterday but the screen froze on the very last page which was supposed to give me the unique code to be able to do part 2 today. The researcher said it didn't matter, and that I could access it through Prolific with my ID but it's not showing up on the site for me. Grr.
    Originally posted by C J
    Try following this link, hopefully it will get you back to it.

The URL is: https://mindgames.firebaseapp.com/
    • C J
    • By C J 13th Oct 16, 12:21 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 4,036 Thanks
    C J
    Thanks LuSiVe - substituting my Prolific ID with the suffix of that URL worked perfectly. Part 2 done, took about 10 mins I think.

I find it slightly frustrating that the white square brackets appear fractionally after the fruit picture, meaning that I can sometimes be a bit trigger-happy with the sorting. However if you are too slow, you miss the fruit altogether.

Still, I guess that's what the test is all about!
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 13th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    • 3,816 Posts
    • 9,665 Thanks
    Hermia
    Thanks LuSiVe - substituting my Prolific ID with the suffix of that URL worked perfectly. Part 2 done, took about 10 mins I think.

I find it slightly frustrating that the white square brackets appear fractionally after the fruit picture, meaning that I can sometimes be a bit trigger-happy with the sorting. However if you are too slow, you miss the fruit altogether.

Still, I guess that's what the test is all about!
    Originally posted by C J
    It is frustrating! They tell you to go as fast as possible, but if you did that you would miss all the brackets as they pop up after a delay.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 14th Oct 16, 11:21 AM
    • 228 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I am using Firefox on a really old laptop. As I said above it took 12 minutes today and about the same time to do yesterday. It sounds like it must be a browser/software issue. I could not do the task any more slowly because if you don't click as soon as the circle comes on screen it disappears.
    Originally posted by Hermia
    Yesterday, I did the task on Chrome. It was a lot different on Chrome, it only took about a second for the next item to appear, so the task only took about 12 minutes instead of 1 hour like before, using Firefox.
    • culpepper
    • By culpepper 14th Oct 16, 9:39 PM
    • 3,710 Posts
    • 6,044 Thanks
    culpepper
    One for 6 minutes. 60pence..comment very briefly on a musical track
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 15th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    MLE007
    Improving Environments
    Available Places : 49/300
    Avg. Completion Time : 8mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.63/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 22mins
    Reward: £ 0.75
    • FinancialController
    • By FinancialController 16th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    FinancialController
    Prolific Academic
    How much would you expect to earn from this site over an annual period if all available surveys were completed?

I'm interested as DD is banking on £150 and this does seem a lot. I joined toi have alook at it and have been invited to complete only three surveys in a month.

If other users could cast any light on this, I'd be very much obliged.
    • violetblue
    • By violetblue 16th Oct 16, 6:01 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 1,520 Thanks
    violetblue
    I joined in mid September last year, so have been a member for 13 months and in that time have earned just under £300 (£297.18 to be exact!)

I check it a couple of times a day, and do all surveys that are available to me.

I found that there was a definite lull over the summer (uni holidays) but they've started to pick up again for me now.

Hope that helps, good luck with it!
    • ElefantEd
    • By ElefantEd 16th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 875 Thanks
    ElefantEd
    I've earned £335 in the nearly 2 years since I joined. I can't say I'm constantly refreshing my keyboard to find new studies, most days I check once or twice. So £150 a year is certainly do-able.
    • surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 16th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 1,359 Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    It's impossible to say. Not every person qualifies for every study. For example, they might want to talk to females aged 18-30 for one study and men over 45 for another.

Personally, I have earned £181.99 since 06/07/15.

However, one thing you should NEVER do with any site of this nature is "bank on it". Whilst Prolific is undoubtedly a great payer, there could be a slump in work tomorrow. It could even disappear completely. It's a good little earner but never guaranteed and certainly cannot be relied upon to pay a bill or debt.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 16th Oct 16, 9:54 PM
    • 3,856 Posts
    • 7,979 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    This would be better asked on the Prolific thread and would keep the site tidier. Hopefully one of the mods will move it.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £30,290.16
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1586.50
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 16th Oct 16, 9:57 PM
    • 3,856 Posts
    • 7,979 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Knowledge and vocational interests 60p for 11 mins

Examining attitudes about international events £1.30 16 mins

and the song one above for 60p
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £30,290.16
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1586.50
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 17th Oct 16, 1:30 AM
    • 3,049 Posts
    • 17,638 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    ...... and have been invited to complete only three surveys in a month.
    Originally posted by FinancialController
    Don't just wait for them to email you an invite for surveys. You have to check the website at various times of the day to see if there is anything available.

I probably only get an invite to about 5% of the surveys I'm actually eligible for and manage to complete.

I don't make as much as a lot of the others who have replied (being retired and probably not in the demographic that they need for a lot of surveys ) but I've made about £100 in just under a year. That's a much better income than I get from most other survey sites. The £150 p.a. that you mentioned should definitely be doable.
    Last edited by carbootcrazy; 17-10-2016 at 1:33 AM.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2016: Jan-Nov:£2787.65: Dec:£42.00
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £620.00/£3000

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Paid (on DMP): £29917. Balance: £26887
    Over halfway
    • libra10
    • By libra10 17th Oct 16, 5:14 AM
    • 8,622 Posts
    • 129,877 Thanks
    libra10
    Short survey on American Presidential elections £1.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Oct 16, 9:02 AM
    • 57,704 Posts
    • 40,792 Thanks
    soolin
    threads merged for clarity and better responses
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,074Posts Today

7,796Users online

Martin's Twitter