Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 438Posts
    • 2,446Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2016 - Jul £110.10 / Jun £146.71 / May £137.38 / Apr £132.90 / Mar £70.47 / Feb £220.46 / Jan £171.62 / Dec £245.54 / Oct £78.52 / Sep £ 158.38 / Aug £314.63 / Jul £309.69 + £497 dormant account / Jun £120.44 / May £165.17
Page 36
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 11th Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    You're very trusting of our government! Lol
    Last edited by GreyAndGold; 11-10-2016 at 6:00 PM.
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 11th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 12,636 Posts
    • 10,740 Thanks
    paddyrg
    I assume if it was research, then a test along the lines of '50 people gave us their entire identities for £3'. If it was attached to a university it would never get past the ethics board, the government don't need to phish your identity details, so who knows what was really going on?!

:-$
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 11th Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    • 3,866 Posts
    • 7,994 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    For £3 I don't think so
    Originally posted by LuSiVe
    Any decent piece of research for the Government would not be spelling government wrong!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £30,290.16
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1586.50
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 11th Oct 16, 6:25 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    Any decent piece of research for the Government would not be spelling government wrong!
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    Yep, I did notice that too
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 11th Oct 16, 6:57 PM
    • 3,817 Posts
    • 9,672 Thanks
    Hermia
    You're very trusting of our government! Lol
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    That thought actually went through my head just as I submitted my comment, but I couldn't be bothered to go back and edit it!
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 11th Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    It seems to be back with a comment at the end that you can use made up data.
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 11th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    If you can make up the data then why do they have a strange date range for the marriage certificate? I've been married 9 years but that stiĺl wasn't long enough ago for it fall in the asked for date range. Well dodgy I think.
    • wibblewibble
    • By wibblewibble 11th Oct 16, 7:13 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    wibblewibble
    I completed it with made up data however - you DO need a valid email account for a "security code" so I used one of my spam accounts, but then a bit further on you need to give them a valid mobile number as they then text you a further code. Having done that you can put in fake info for the rest of it BUT I did the whole thing and the final page crashed and sent back a "no code" I've messaged the researcher to say I completed the whole survey and hope that he will approve payment.
    Win's so far: Cadburys Mini Eggs £1.09 Pentel Goody Bag £10 , M&S Luxury Hamper £45, 10,000 Tesco clubcard points (£100)
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 11th Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    It took me about ten minutes to do the test and a couple of minutes for the survey.

The survey that has been pulled was odd. It said it was to test a government website. If the government commissioned it you would think they would be a bit more sensitive to privacy issues.
    Originally posted by Hermia
    Was the test you did seperated into different blocks? Mine was.

I don't understand how it only took you 10 minutes, unless it was a different study.
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 11th Oct 16, 8:57 PM
    • 3,817 Posts
    • 9,672 Thanks
    Hermia
    Was the test you did seperated into different blocks? Mine was.

I don't understand how it only took you 10 minutes, unless it was a different study.
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    Yes. I think there were about six, but they went fast.
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 12th Oct 16, 9:27 AM
    • 3,817 Posts
    • 9,672 Thanks
    Hermia
    P.S. I timed it today. It took 12 minutes to do five blocks and the questions.
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 12th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    https://www.prolific.ac/studies/57f668efb36e0b000102d0bc
    Review online image links for a database
    50p
    4 minutes
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 12th Oct 16, 4:15 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Is anyone here doing the study '4+ DAYS, 10 MINUTES PER DAY: Long-term engagement with an impulsivity test (IV)'. If so, what browser are you using?

It clearly states that the task takes 10 minutes per day, but today it took me 1 hour to do this task, the same time that it took me yesterday. I did the task quickly, so it can't be that I was going too slowly. At this rate, it's only £1 per hour.

I don't understand how people can do this task so quickly. It's separated into about 6 different blocks and the delay time between each part is about 10 seconds. It's literally impossible to do the task in 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Marvqn1; 12-10-2016 at 4:19 PM.
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 12th Oct 16, 4:18 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 3,915 Thanks
    AprilLady
    Yes, I'm doing it, and using Firefox. What is it that's making it so slow? Does the game just keep going on and on, or are the items appearing really slowly?
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 12th Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    Firefox. It took a little over the 10 mins both today and yesterday, but not much.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 12th Oct 16, 4:28 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Yes, I'm doing it, and using Firefox. What is it that's making it so slow? Does the game just keep going on and on, or are the items appearing really slowly?
    Originally posted by AprilLady
    How long it did take you to do it on day 2?

Was your's separated into about 6 different blocks?

What length of time did it take between each item appearing?

I guess it's because the items appear slowly. There is about a 10 second delay between the items appearing.
    Last edited by Marvqn1; 12-10-2016 at 4:34 PM.
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 12th Oct 16, 4:38 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 3,915 Thanks
    AprilLady
    It took no more than 10-15 minutes today. The items came maybe about every couple of seconds with several blocks and a break of 10 seconds between each block.
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 12th Oct 16, 4:43 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    I got a place on that today so I'm only on day one but I'm using chrome and everything worked okay and quickly for me. It does have this message on the study info page that might help you

IMPORTANT Study Notice:
    The software on which this experiment runs is newly developed. As such, you may experience bugs, failures or other strange things. We would really appreciate your feedback on what worked and what didn’t, and whether any instructions were unclear or incorrect. Please contact me with any queries at jim.lumsden@bristol.ac.uk.

IF everything is running REALLY slowly and you're using Chrome:

Type chrome://settings/ into the URL bar, then go to Advanced -> System is "Use hardware acceleration where available". Make sure it's ticked! Most browsers have this enabled by default, but a couple of people have had trouble.

Then refresh the page and it should all work!
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 12th Oct 16, 5:03 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    It took no more than 10-15 minutes today. The items came maybe about every couple of seconds with several blocks and a break of 10 seconds between each block.
    Originally posted by AprilLady
    Im using Firefox.

On mine, there was about 6 blocks with a break of 10 seconds between each block. So it seems not everyone is doing the same task?

On the main page for the task you're doing, does it say "Stop Signal Task" in orange letters?
    Last edited by Marvqn1; 12-10-2016 at 6:09 PM.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 12th Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    MIne was about 6 blocks with breaks of 10 seconds after a couple of minutes worth. The items appeared very quickly after each other though - every 1-2 seconds. And yes mine says "stop signal task" in yellowy orange.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

552Posts Today

3,585Users online

Martin's Twitter