Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 438Posts
    • 2,446Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2016 - Jul £110.10 / Jun £146.71 / May £137.38 / Apr £132.90 / Mar £70.47 / Feb £220.46 / Jan £171.62 / Dec £245.54 / Oct £78.52 / Sep £ 158.38 / Aug £314.63 / Jul £309.69 + £497 dormant account / Jun £120.44 / May £165.17
Page 35
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 7th Oct 16, 10:05 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    Understanding sentences 45 min £5

Currently waiting for audio to load and it's taking more than the stated time, so not sure if survey is working...
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    I think I did that one yesterday. The audios took a long time to load and I just sneaked in a minute under the 60 min maximum. I didn't waste any time when doing it either.
    Last edited by LuSiVe; 07-10-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Add quote
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 7th Oct 16, 10:51 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Understanding sentences 45 min £5

Currently waiting for audio to load and it's taking more than the stated time, so not sure if survey is working...
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    Thanks, managed to get it to work okay for me.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 7th Oct 16, 11:03 AM
    • 3,853 Posts
    • 7,978 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Glad it worked for some, I just got an error message and told to contact the researcher. It might be because I'm on a Mac. A lot of times the software isn't compatible.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £30,290.16
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1586.50
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 7th Oct 16, 3:17 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Your perception of different groups
    £1.10
    8 minutes
    • Proxima Centauri
    • By Proxima Centauri 7th Oct 16, 3:46 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    Proxima Centauri
    Is there any way of getting a text alert or similar when a survey becomes available?
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 7th Oct 16, 3:53 PM
    • 3,853 Posts
    • 7,978 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Is there any way of getting a text alert or similar when a survey becomes available?
    Originally posted by Proxima Centauri
    You can get email alerts to your phone, if you subscribe to this thread. HTH
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £30,290.16
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1586.50
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 7th Oct 16, 6:26 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Social Psychology OM
    £2.50
    18 minutes
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 9th Oct 16, 10:21 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Workplace Perceptions
    £2
    10 minutes
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 11th Oct 16, 7:20 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Behaviour Intervention UK Study
    £1.21
    14 minutes
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 11th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    Secure Identity

Study Description

In this study you will be asked to complete registration process for creating an account designed to verify your identity for using governmet services. After that, you will be asked to answer a few questions regarding the process and to provide demographic information.
    Please prepare the following documents:
    - your UK passport (alternatively: UK marriage certificate /between 1994 and 2005/)
    - your UK photocard driving licence (inc. provisional) (alternatively: UK marriage certificate /between 1994 and 2005/ or UK county court judgement)
    - your UK bank account details (alternatively: UK county court judgement).
    Please note that all the details you provide will only be used for the purpose of this study and will be kept confidential.
    For £3 I don't think so
    • C J
    • By C J 11th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 4,027 Thanks
    C J
    A study on secure identity for £3

https://www.prolific.ac/studies/57bb4acac7f84d0001ced849

However they require you to input your UK passport, UK bank account and UK driving licence or marriage certificate details!!!!!

I don't think so.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • C J
    • By C J 11th Oct 16, 1:53 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 4,027 Thanks
    C J
    Ha ha, crosspost! I just reported this one to prolific as I don't feel at all comfortable with it.
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 11th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 3,046 Posts
    • 17,633 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    I love PA but they've had a history of website/system problems in the year I've been a member and I wouldn't care to entrust their system with any of the documentation info that they need for that particular study.
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2016: Jan-Nov:£2787.65: Dec:£29.00
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £620.00/£3000

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Paid (on DMP): £29917. Balance: £26887
    Over halfway
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 11th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    I don't have an unexpired passport and no driving licence/marriage certificate/CCJ at all so I wasn't going to do it anyway
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 11th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    I love PA but they've had a history of website/system problems in the year I've been a member and I wouldn't care to entrust their system with any of the documentation info that they need for that particular study.
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    They don't store or have access to the survey data - the surveys are all done on different websites.
    • C J
    • By C J 11th Oct 16, 3:24 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 4,027 Thanks
    C J
    Exactly - and I have no way of knowing where my data could end up. Although it's most probably legit, I'm very surprised they allowed this study but I guess they don't necessarily have the time to vet everything before it goes out.

50 people did choose to take the study though ...... the lure of £3, eh?
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 11th Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    GreyAndGold

50 people did choose to take the study though ...... the lure of £3, eh?
    Originally posted by C J
    Looks like most have returned it, it's showing 22 places remaining at the minute, when I first clicked it it was very nearly full.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 11th Oct 16, 4:49 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Did anyone here do the study '4+ DAYS, 10 MINUTES PER DAY: Long-term engagement with an impulsivity test (IV)'.

It says it takes 10 minutes per day, but it took about half an hour or longer even though I went fast, so I ran out of time and got the 'Uh, something went wrong' message at the end of the study. Did anyone do this study within the allotted time?
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 11th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 12,631 Posts
    • 10,734 Thanks
    paddyrg
    The phishing-style one has been killed now

We are investigating this study for invasion of privacy. We have actually stopped it. Please don't give any personal details to researchers.
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 11th Oct 16, 5:25 PM
    • 3,816 Posts
    • 9,662 Thanks
    Hermia
    Did anyone here do the study '4+ DAYS, 10 MINUTES PER DAY: Long-term engagement with an impulsivity test (IV)'.

It says it takes 10 minutes per day, but it took about half an hour or longer even though I went fast, so I ran out of time and got the 'Uh, something went wrong' message at the end of the study. Did anyone do this study within the allotted time?
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    It took me about ten minutes to do the test and a couple of minutes for the survey.

The survey that has been pulled was odd. It said it was to test a government website. If the government commissioned it you would think they would be a bit more sensitive to privacy issues.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter