Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 174
    • Emma_N
    • By Emma_N 19th Jun 17, 10:53 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Emma_N
    I've just had a study rejected.

It was a study about backpacks, and from what I can remember there wasn't a completion link at the end of the study...

'I am really sorry but I have to reject this participant as I could not find her data in the final downloaded dataset.

I have bee trying for over 3 days to solve this issue with the Prolific team but no solution has been found.

I apologize once again and thank you very much for your time.'

Frustrating.
    2017 eBay Sales: £286.78
    2017 Online Surveys: £343.54
    2017 Roadkill Finds: £7.89
    2017 Tennis Ball Sales: £68.94
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 19th Jun 17, 11:43 AM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    I've just had a study rejected.

It was a study about backpacks, and from what I can remember there wasn't a completion link at the end of the study...

'I am really sorry but I have to reject this participant as I could not find her data in the final downloaded dataset.

I have bee trying for over 3 days to solve this issue with the Prolific team but no solution has been found.

I apologize once again and thank you very much for your time.'

Frustrating.
    Originally posted by Emma_N
    Oh that's a shame Emma_N. I remember doing a back pack study, can you remember what date it was I'll check to see if I got a code.
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 19th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 935 Posts
    • 1,047 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    I did do "Backpack Project Females" on 7 June, got a code and it was approved a few days ago if that helps.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 19th Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    I did do "Backpack Project Females" on 7 June, got a code and it was approved a few days ago if that helps.
    Originally posted by LuSiVe
    Thanks LuSiVe, yeah I got a code too and it has been approved. Sorry Emma_N they do go belly-up for some at times.
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • Emma_N
    • By Emma_N 19th Jun 17, 12:32 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Emma_N
    Thanks for the offer of a completion code.

I've just checked and my completion code was ZOZRF3P8. If I completed the study and got a completion code then surely the issue was at their end...

I've messaged Prolific because I spent quite a lot of time on the study and don't feel I should be rejected for an issue I had no control over.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 19th Jun 17, 12:40 PM
    • 2,590 Posts
    • 4,196 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Just tried to cash out via Circle for the first time; what a nightmare! If anything else goes wrong, I will suck up the PayPal fees; at least I know they work.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 19th Jun 17, 12:47 PM
    • 2,590 Posts
    • 4,196 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Available Places : 166/200
    Avg. Completion Time : 3mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £1.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 7mins
    Reward: £ 0.25
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 19th Jun 17, 12:48 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    Food choice
    Available Places : 165/200
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £1.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 7mins
    Reward: £ 0.25
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 19th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 4,350 Thanks
    AprilLady
    Just tried to cash out via Circle for the first time; what a nightmare! If anything else goes wrong, I will suck up the PayPal fees; at least I know they work.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Oh dear, what happened? I decided not to join in the end!
    • Emma_N
    • By Emma_N 19th Jun 17, 12:58 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Emma_N
    The Power of Impressions in Decision Making
    Available Places : 92/200
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.20/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 10mins
    Reward: £ 0.26
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 19th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 935 Posts
    • 1,047 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    This seems to be day of the exceedingly short survey
    Maybe everyone's attention span has gone walkies with the heat.....
    • Emma_N
    • By Emma_N 19th Jun 17, 1:04 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Emma_N
    There's another one now.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 19th Jun 17, 1:08 PM
    • 2,590 Posts
    • 4,196 Thanks
    Smodlet
    To AprilLady re #3469

Wish I had'nt, it's just not worth the grief, imo. I had to google how to cash out (this is me, after all, the technophobe) I had to request the money from PA when they had just sent it; where is the logic in that? So now I have bothered them for nothing as I have one of those "Thanks for reaching out" emails. Then it would not accept my debit card, which you don't even have to tell PayPal the number of if you don't want to, then it said the payment was on its way... To a card they could not verify, bleedin' Yanks. Yeah, I'm sure PayPal is American too but at least I can work the flippin' thing.

Smodlet is now all hot and bothered, in this heat. Peeved, that's what I am, AprilLady, peeved. Then you get an automated, "You cashed out via Circle for the first time" email with a great, big "Say Thanks" button in it. What am I saying thank you for, being driven to distraction? Did I mention you can't even log into Circle, let alone do anything without putting in a verification code they text to your mobile every, single time? What a (rhymes with) Yank.

Thank you so much for asking; I feel better now. Needing
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 19th Jun 17, 1:13 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 4,350 Thanks
    AprilLady
    Haha Smodlet, it's always good to share! Sorry it's been such a nightmare, but thank you for making me glad to stick with Paypal, despite the really annoying charges!

Go and have a nice cool drink!
    • elljay
    • By elljay 19th Jun 17, 1:16 PM
    • 760 Posts
    • 612 Thanks
    elljay
    Wonder why they've given you all that grief? Having hit the magic £20 this morn I asked for the money, had an email from PA to confirm, another from Circle to say it's with them and I logged into the website without a problem (or codes) and requested a transfer to my bank account.

Done and dusted in a couple of hours. The quickest it's ever been and only my second time with Circle. Will check my bank account a bit later and see how soon it arrives there. I absolutely refuse to give my hard earned cash to paypal for the privilege of transferring my money - it annoys me enough that PA can't just transfer direct to our accounts anyway. Far too much faffing even when it goes right.

At least I can now cancel my PP account which I only set up for this.

EJ
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 19th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    • 935 Posts
    • 1,047 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    None of those problems happened to me Smodlet, and I've cashed out several times using Circle now. It's been smooth every time and I've not needed verification codes.

You must just be *special*
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 19th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    mikep22
    Theres one for £7 available - Average time 25 mins. Im afraid I was too quick into it so dont know how many more places there are.

About social media, it will need access to your facebook and twitter.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 19th Jun 17, 1:46 PM
    • 634 Posts
    • 597 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Theres one for £7 available - Average time 25 mins. Im afraid I was too quick into it so dont know how many more places there are.

About social media, it will need access to your facebook and twitter.
    Originally posted by mikep22
    I think that one has been round before if its the one that needs both Facebook and Twitter.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 19th Jun 17, 1:47 PM
    • 2,590 Posts
    • 4,196 Thanks
    Smodlet
    None of those problems happened to me Smodlet, and I've cashed out several times using Circle now. It's been smooth every time and I've not needed verification codes.

You must just be *special*
    Originally posted by LuSiVe

Well, I think we all knew that, LuSive, unfortunately not in the same way that you and GreyAndGold are. How, oh how do you avoid all this idiotic code business? I was not even given the option to nominate a bank account; it had to be a card... It'll be my and technohaplessness again, won't it?
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 19th Jun 17, 1:54 PM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 8,588 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Circle is reasonably straightforward, though not as intuitive as Paypal. The verification code is sent as a text to your mobile phone and you just need to enter it on the webpage. I've cashed out with them twice now, with minor problems. The verification codes weren't coming through the other day and so it took ages for me to verify.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,144.71
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,100
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,295Posts Today

9,856Users online

Martin's Twitter