Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 172
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 18th Jun 17, 11:07 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    mikep22
    Ahh thank you I was worried I'd done them wrong and thats why they hadn't been approved.
    Originally posted by Hiddenidenity
    You will know if you have because you will get an email saying they have rejected it.

Its happened to me on....maybe 1/25 of them I take, and itll be purely down to either doing it too quickly (I always tend to let the timer tick down if possible) or because theres a question which was an attention check that for whatever reason Ive missed (I do try and do them all the best I can, but everyone is human and misses things!).
    Also if you know you have done something wrong, take the initiative and email the researcher. The other day I made a typo and put my age as 3 rather then 33 and just sent them a mail with my apologies. No big...
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 18th Jun 17, 11:16 AM
    • 476 Posts
    • 1,205 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    You will know if you have because you will get an email saying they have rejected it.

Its happened to me on....maybe 1/25 of them I take, and itll be purely down to either doing it too quickly (I always tend to let the timer tick down if possible) or because theres a question which was an attention check that for whatever reason Ive missed (I do try and do them all the best I can, but everyone is human and misses things!).
    Also if you know you have done something wrong, take the initiative and email the researcher. The other day I made a typo and put my age as 3 rather then 33 and just sent them a mail with my apologies. No big...
    Originally posted by mikep22
    On a different site I accidentally answered yes to 'are you in a coma?' TBF it was so boring I wasn't sure by that point

I've gone the other way when answering my age and put 333, its tricky with those repeated digits!
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 18th Jun 17, 11:18 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    mikep22
    On a different site I accidentally answered yes to 'are you in a coma?' TBF it was so boring I wasn't sure by that point

I've gone the other way when answering my age and put 333, its tricky with those repeated digits!
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    There was one on a survey I did which asked me whether in the last 10 years I had eaten food.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 18th Jun 17, 11:24 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Has anyone done any of the 'tell us your goals' surveys? It seems you have to draw a plan, and I wondered what was involved before opting in.
    Originally posted by libra10
    I think my husband did one (I'm not eligible so far because I work part time) and i think he just drew out a kind of spider diagram on a piece of A4 and photographed it to send. I don't know what he put on it but I assume it gives some guidance in the survey.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 18th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    How long does it usually take to go from pending to available? Most have been really quick (within 48 hours) but I have some from the 9th which still say awaiting review.

Hope I'm allowed to ask this here, sorry if not.
    I've had quite a few that have clearly been approved automatically at the 21 day deadline. Researchers vary a lot- some will approve about 5 minutes after you finish, some clearly don't bother and it happens automatically and most are somewhere in between. Once you have more than about 20 surveys you will always have some hanging around awaiting approval. They have to have a good reason to reject so if you have done what the survey asks then they shouldn't be able to reject.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 18th Jun 17, 11:35 AM
    • 9,421 Posts
    • 155,661 Thanks
    libra10
    Thanks Mrs Soup for information, might take a look later and see what is involved.

Much appreciated.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 4,173 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Yep, and Sod's Law states that as soon as you cash out, having waited ages for that last straggler to hit 22 days and be approved by PA, some more recent ones will be paid so that you could have had those, too, had you only waited one more day. Mm-hm.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 18th Jun 17, 12:13 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 12,834 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Thank you

Do you cash out circle? How long does cashing out take? sorry for all the questions

DFW £523.71/£7348.71
    Rent Arrears £271.28 /£3381.28

June 17 PA £91.05 Cashed out + £13.40 Available + £37.75 pending
    Other Surveys £70 Cash £25 Amazon
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 18th Jun 17, 12:56 PM
    • 1,028 Posts
    • 2,010 Thanks
    tonycottee
    Thank you

Do you cash out circle? How long does cashing out take? sorry for all the questions
    I've withdrawn via Circle three times. The quickest for me was one day and the longest four.
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 18th Jun 17, 1:16 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 1,205 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    hotels
    Available Places : 90/100
    Avg. Completion Time : 15mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £8.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 37mins
    Reward: £ 2.00
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 18th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 12,834 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    hotels
    Available Places : 90/100
    Avg. Completion Time : 15mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £8.00/hr
    At the end of this it says

If you read this text, please don't select any of the following three options:

Yes
    No
    Maybe

yet doesnt let you continue without pressing one

DFW £523.71/£7348.71

• movingon
    • By movingon 18th Jun 17, 1:29 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    movingon
    i cant get the sliders to work.
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 18th Jun 17, 1:30 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 1,205 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    At the end of this it says

If you read this text, please don't select any of the following three options:

Yes
    No
    Maybe

yet doesnt let you continue without pressing one
    after the 3rd time clicking to the next page it let me through and I put a comment about it in the box asking about the survey
    • Kavor
    • By Kavor 18th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    Kavor
    i cant get the sliders to work.
    Originally posted by movingon
    Had that problem but resolved it my changing my window to full screen.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 4,173 Thanks
    Smodlet
    after the 3rd time clicking to the next page it let me through and I put a comment about it in the box asking about the survey

I tried only twice, selected "Maybe" and also messaged the researcher. The completion link did not work for me, either... Could do better, imho.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 18th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 2,559 Posts
    • 4,173 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Had that problem but resolved it my changing my window to full screen.
    Originally posted by Kavor

Hmm. I don't recall it instructing me to be in full screen at the start so hope that will not carry weight with PA if the researcher uses that as a defence. 95% of the time, ime, these "Go into full screen" ones work just fine if you don't and I dislike not being able to see the clock for the ones that force you to open them in a new screen.

• GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 18th Jun 17, 1:52 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 1,205 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    I nearly went with maybe but was worried it would kick me straight out and delete my data so tried again on the off chance. I put in the box 'maybe pay more attention when adding your attention checks as ''please answer the question'' is not very helpful!!' I'll probably get rejected for being rude!
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 18th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 12,834 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I clicked maybe and messaged them, I hope it isn't rejected

DFW £523.71/£7348.71

• Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 18th Jun 17, 2:03 PM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 71,321 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Hotels Project
    Available Places : 1370/1500
    Avg. Completion Time : 13mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £9.24/hr
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 18th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 12,834 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Anyone doing the 1SE study on Android receive a message? I'm unsure what he means

DFW £523.71/£7348.71

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

6,424Users online

Martin's Twitter