Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 170
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 15th Jun 17, 10:10 PM
    • 353 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I did the study "Personality & Daily Life".

There was a half a minute remaining at the end of the study, but it said it timed out. Anyone else have issues?
    • Kavor
    • By Kavor 15th Jun 17, 10:11 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    Kavor
    I did the study "Personality & Daily Life".

There was a half a minute remaining at the end of the study, but it said it timed out. Anyone else have issues?
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    Yep, I timed out as well with 2 minutes remaining. I'm contacting the researcher.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 15th Jun 17, 10:14 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 557 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Also timed out here- messaged the reseacher.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 16th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    mikep22
    Opinion Study 5
    Available Places : 84/110
    Avg. Completion Time : 9mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 15mins
    Reward: £ 0.75
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 16th Jun 17, 12:15 PM
    • 3,682 Posts
    • 71,308 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Study on delegation

Available Places : 160/300
    Avg. Completion Time : 7mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £8.58/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 17mins
    Reward: £ 1.00
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 16th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    mikep22
    Child Witness Credibility
    Available Places : 15/100
    Avg. Completion Time : 10mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 25mins
    Reward: £ 1.00
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606
    • lj876
    • By lj876 16th Jun 17, 4:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lj876
    Two packaging research surveys up; you can only do one but there's over 70 places left on each, at the time of my post.

Had never heard of this site before MSE - thank you for the info everyone
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    • 2,518 Posts
    • 4,137 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Welcome, lj876 and thank you for taking the time to read the thread.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • blackste
    • By blackste 16th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 991 Posts
    • 585 Thanks
    blackste
    Hi guys,

Been a lurker here for the 2 weeks or so i have been doing prolific. I was wondering if anyone has had this message after making a withdrawal?
    "Your account is currently under review and your payment has been paused for the moment. If there are discrepancies in your prescreening or verification please update them or contact us."

Thanks
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jun 17, 6:15 PM
    • 2,518 Posts
    • 4,137 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Hi guys,

Been a lurker here for the 2 weeks or so i have been doing prolific. I was wondering if anyone has had this message after making a withdrawal?
    "Your account is currently under review and your payment has been paused for the moment. If there are discrepancies in your prescreening or verification please update them or contact us."

Thanks
    Originally posted by blackste

Hello and welcome. You do have to verify your account before your first payment. Once by email, once by inputting a code you receive in a text message, having provided your mobile number, obviously. You can also further verify it by linking it to your FB account if you have one but this is not necessary. If you have already taken the first two steps, I suggest you email the lovely Kendra via the Contact Us button and ask for her assistance; she is brilliant. HTH.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 16th Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    MLE007
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    Originally posted by blackste
    Hi and welcome, I've not seen that before but if you contact them they should be able to sort it for you they are a friendly bunch. I had my account locked once before and didn't get any surveys for a while but when I queried it with them it was quickly sorted
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2065.46
    • blackste
    • By blackste 16th Jun 17, 6:31 PM
    • 991 Posts
    • 585 Thanks
    blackste
    Hey MLE
    Thanks for the response and welcome.

I sent them a quick message so hopefully all will be sorted soon. I'm loving prolific, so don't want to lose it.
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 16th Jun 17, 6:32 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 557 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Is everyone still getting the packaging surveys as I appear not to be now which is slightly odd as I've not had any rejected or anything?
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 16th Jun 17, 6:37 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 1,190 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Is everyone still getting the packaging surveys as I appear not to be now which is slightly odd as I've not had any rejected or anything?
    Originally posted by Mrs Soup
    I haven't had the last couple that have been posted, they seem to have some really specific demographic requirements otherwise they wouldn't hang around on our dashboards for so long when they generally only have a couple of hundred spaces as the spots would all have been snapped up, so I just assume that I haven't been right for those ones
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jun 17, 7:01 PM
    • 2,518 Posts
    • 4,137 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I have not had any, Mrs Soup. I have had no surveys at all today; closest I came was 0/300 places on one.

• Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 16th Jun 17, 7:19 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 557 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I haven't had the last couple that have been posted, they seem to have some really specific demographic requirements otherwise they wouldn't hang around on our dashboards for so long when they generally only have a couple of hundred spaces as the spots would all have been snapped up, so I just assume that I haven't been right for those ones
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    Guess it's the same here - it just seems very odd when I've done wine packaging (and don't drink) but today was ready meals which I buy every week- not that the researcher knows that of course.

I've only done Pet shopping today and will do the last episode of Personality, wellbeing and so on later. Ah well should be part 2 of a longitudinal tomorrow if nothing else.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jun 17, 9:23 PM
    • 2,518 Posts
    • 4,137 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I have had nothing today, not a sausage. Hoping for more tomorrow for all of us.

• MLE007
    • By MLE007 16th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    MLE007
    Media psychology research
    Available Places : 127/300
    Avg. Completion Time : 8mins
    Maximum Allowed Time : 20mins
    Reward: £ 0.80
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2065.46
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 16th Jun 17, 10:03 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 1,190 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Media psychology research
    Available Places : 127/300
    Avg. Completion Time : 8mins
    Maximum Allowed Time : 20mins
    Reward: £ 0.80
    Originally posted by MLE007
    What a weird way to conduct a study!!
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 16th Jun 17, 10:09 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    MLE007
    What a weird way to conduct a study!!
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    Haha wasn't it? I screenedshot all the codes as I went along as I thought it wouldn't end well
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2065.46
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,965Posts Today

8,205Users online

Martin's Twitter