Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 162
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Jun 17, 10:08 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    Morning PA'ers

I cashed out on Wednesday, got the green banner at the top of the page to say it was processing plus an email. Yesterday I noticed the banner had disappeared which normally means I have been paid. I checked paypal but nothing had gone in so I emailed PA but haven't heard back. Has anyone else had this before? Other than the email I can't see anywhere where you can track payments.
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Jun 17, 10:11 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    I'm trying to complete a study called 'Daily life encounters'.

Available Places : 6/119
    Avg. Completion Time : 11mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £4.64/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 20mins
    Reward: £ 0.85

I installed the relevant software, entered my Prolific ID where it told me to 'Please enter my ID' and got a 'The ID you entered is invalid' message.

I've no idea how so many people have apparently got the study to load!
    Originally posted by Emma_N
    I just entered "1" and it let me in. Didn't get a completion code for this one though.
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • Eliza
    • By Eliza 10th Jun 17, 10:16 AM
    • 1,255 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    Eliza
    I just entered "1" and it let me in. Didn't get a completion code for this one though.
    Originally posted by MLE007
    In the intro it did say there wouldn't be a completion code and that it would still be ok. Also in the intro it said to enter your PA ID in the inquisit box. It would never have occurred to me to enter something else. You've all obviously earned your 45p or whatever by having more initiative than I have!!!
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 10th Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 632 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I used date of birth, then emailed him to say there was no completion code but then noticed it says in the intro that there isn't one so clearly that bit isn't a problem. Nice to have a longitudinal study on a saturday.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Jun 17, 10:20 AM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 4,193 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I could not get that to accept my ID either so tried without the letters and it did not like that any better. I have messaged the researcher as they really should know what a PA ID looks like, imho.

Next time I will try random numbers, no more than six. The Inquisit one I did yesterday had no problem with my ID but that was version 5 whereas this was version 4.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 10th Jun 17, 10:22 AM
    • 632 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    The not accepting PA ID has come up before. Sometimes it works apparently if you remove the letters from your ID but that didn't this time, so just pick something numeric and it seems to work. I thought it was a bit long for 85p though. But it said 3.50 overall for the two parts so presumably they are weighting the reward more to the second part as that shouldn't be a lot longer if the total time is 35 mins as they claim.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Jun 17, 10:25 AM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 4,193 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Bit late for those of us who could not get past their machiavellian ID test so returned it. He can keep his flippin' 85p, Mrs Soup!

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 10th Jun 17, 10:26 AM
    • 632 Posts
    • 594 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    I could not get that to accept my ID either so tried without the letters and it did not like that any better. I have messaged the researcher as they really should know what a PA ID looks like, imho.

Originally posted by Smodlet
    I agree- especially the researchers have the same format of ID that we do.
    • Emma_N
    • By Emma_N 10th Jun 17, 11:00 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 328 Thanks
    Emma_N
    I messaged the researcher at the time but didn't receive a reply.

I might contact Prolific.
    2017 eBay Sales: £286.78
    2017 Online Surveys: £343.54
    2017 Roadkill Finds: £7.89
    2017 Tennis Ball Sales: £68.94
    • warby68
    • By warby68 10th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 758 Posts
    • 8,463 Thanks
    warby68
    The researcher on this one has just messaged to ask which ID I used so looks like they will try and match the data up.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Jun 17, 11:19 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    Just had this too Warby68 - I told him I used number 1 and he said he wouldn't be able to differentiate my data from somebody else who used this even though I entered my PA ID 3 times in the study! Wondering what the point was of entering my PA ID then??!! Especially 3 times!
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 10th Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    • 143 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    fluffig
    There's just been a longitudinal one up (so part 2 next week) which I think is full now called Daily Life Encounters, Stephan Merke which is an inquisit study. However it wouldn't accept my prolific ID for some reason, tried loads of times and checked and double checked the ID.

I've only ever done one inquisit one before so wondered if this is a common problem and others have found it too? I copied and pasted the ID, perhaps it would've been different if I'd typed it in.

Ta Liz
    Originally posted by Eliza
    Exactly the same here. It wouldn't accept my ID with, or without, letters.
    • warby68
    • By warby68 10th Jun 17, 11:27 AM
    • 758 Posts
    • 8,463 Thanks
    warby68
    Just had this too Warby68 - I told him I used number 1 and he said he wouldn't be able to differentiate my data from somebody else who used this even though I entered my PA ID 3 times in the study! Wondering what the point was of entering my PA ID then??!! Especially 3 times!
    That's why I use a number that's more individual but that I can remember although not much help to you now, sorry.

I think the reasearchers do not always understand the system quirks and requirements but usually do try and play fair when they've fluffed something up (there is the odd rude one ). I guess each researcher probably only ever uses the system a couple of times.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Jun 17, 11:39 AM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 4,193 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I have just had a response from him as well, to the effect, "Well, try again if there are any spaces left"! Needless to say, there are not.

• Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 4,193 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Just received an apology from Mr. Merke to all participants who had issues with his study... So that would be everyone who attempted it.

• MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Jun 17, 11:51 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    That's why I use a number that's more individual but that I can remember although not much help to you now, sorry.

I think the reasearchers do not always understand the system quirks and requirements but usually do try and play fair when they've fluffed something up (there is the odd rude one ). I guess each researcher probably only ever uses the system a couple of times.
    Originally posted by warby68
    Yes I'll certainly do that next time although pretty sure I've used 1 before!, I've just returned it I can't be bothered to argue with him anymore over 85p
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Jun 17, 11:57 AM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 4,193 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Darn, MLE007! I have just had yet another message advising he has extended the time for completion and the instructions are now different. They now say to omit the letters from the ID... though we tried that and it did not work.

If anyone has not yet returned it, they might like to try again. I'm done now as I returned it straightaway, like a muppet. He is being very nice about it, though.

• MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Jun 17, 12:04 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    He messaged me to say that if others entered 1 then it would delete out the data of the last person that also entered 1, meaning the PA ID I entered on the study 3 times would be replaced by someone else's. My silly fault I will learn for next time that's for sure
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Jun 17, 2:25 PM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 4,193 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Morning PA'ers

I cashed out on Wednesday, got the green banner at the top of the page to say it was processing plus an email. Yesterday I noticed the banner had disappeared which normally means I have been paid. I checked paypal but nothing had gone in so I emailed PA but haven't heard back. Has anyone else had this before? Other than the email I can't see anywhere where you can track payments.

Any sign of your payment in PayPal yet, MLE007? I know I'm almost certainly the only person daft enough to do this, but last time I cashed out I clicked on the Circle link rather than the PP one, without actually going to the bother of setting up a Circle account! Kendra kindly stopped it for me and it went into PP a few days later just fine.

• MLE007
    • By MLE007 10th Jun 17, 3:28 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,343 Thanks
    MLE007
    No sign Smodlet! Kendra kindly emailed and said it was processed on the 7th but nothing in my paypal yet. I did actually check the circle account I signed up to incase I had done that, but nope not in there either! Kendra said it can take up to 5 days, I'm pretty sure it's been instant before but I will wait a couple of days and get back in touch with her again. I'd built my balance up to £42 as well so am eager to spend it lol!
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £2218.00
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,765Posts Today

8,594Users online

Martin's Twitter