Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    10 a day 2017 - APR 60.12 / MAR 82.24 / FEB 142.82 / JAN 241.24
Page 137
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 17th May 17, 7:40 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    Usually a couple of days, sometimes as long as 21 days though.

On your next survey the last page usually has a completion URL which links back to prolific and marks the survey as complete, so follow that. If something goes wrong, then you can follow the tab on the original page that says I'm finished but that won't give you a completion code. It's a failsafe.

I don't think it really matters, as I think they can also find your studies by your ID but it just helps if it's all there.
    #138 - The "Save 12k in 2017" challenge
    • sim11
    • By sim11 17th May 17, 7:54 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 1,393 Thanks
    sim11
    Usually a couple of days, sometimes as long as 21 days though.

On your next survey the last page usually has a completion URL which links back to prolific and marks the survey as complete, so follow that. If something goes wrong, then you can follow the tab on the original page that says I'm finished but that won't give you a completion code. It's a failsafe.

I don't think it really matters, as I think they can also find your studies by your ID but it just helps if it's all there.
    Originally posted by StarShapedPeg
    Hi thank you very much, i did the im finished and i have just sent messages just in case. Thanks again. I have another quick question, does everyone use circle when cashing out? Have just been having a quick read.
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 17th May 17, 8:04 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    Yes, to avoid fees use circle rather than PayPal.
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 17th May 17, 8:05 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    There is a referral thread for circle
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 17th May 17, 8:13 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    So no-one else has had anything for the last couple of days either then? Just checking
    Originally posted by LuSiVe
    I've seen a couple today with 0 places left as I clicked on them but very little. I did one last weds that was supposed to have a follow up a week later but haven't even seen that.
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 17th May 17, 8:40 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    fluffig
    • Available Places : 87/200
    • Avg. Completion Time : 8mins
    • Avg. Reward Per Hour : 7.50/hr
    • Maximum Allowed Time : 25mins
    • Reward: 1.00
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 17th May 17, 8:44 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 4,283 Thanks
    AprilLady
    I have another quick question, does everyone use circle when cashing out? Have just been having a quick read.
    Originally posted by sim11

I haven't joined circle yet - still wondering if I really want to or not!
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 17th May 17, 8:57 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    fluffig
    I haven't joined circle yet - still wondering if I really want to or not!
    Originally posted by AprilLady
    Well I certainly didn't want to. But I wanted Paypal fees deducted even less. I felt really uneasy signing up for it on their app, taking a photo of my debit card, telling them its 3 digit number. (I still wonder if that breaks terms and conditions of bank account ??) I made sure I reduced the 2 factor authentification settings down from the 30 default.

I've cashed out twice using it. It's worked perfectly both times. In fact this week's was received within 24 hours. So I guess that makes me a sceptical convert !
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 17th May 17, 9:05 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 4,283 Thanks
    AprilLady
    That sounds a bit dodgy, fluffig, but glad it's worked for you! I hate the Paypal fees, but I like having money in my Paypal account that I can use to pay for things on lots of online sites - keeping it separate from my bank account where it will just be spent on boring necessary everyday things!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 17th May 17, 9:05 PM
    • 4,082 Posts
    • 8,541 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Well I certainly didn't want to. But I wanted Paypal fees deducted even less. I felt really uneasy signing up for it on their app, taking a photo of my debit card, telling them its 3 digit number. (I still wonder if that breaks terms and conditions of bank account ??) I made sure I reduced the 2 factor authentification settings down from the 30 default.

I've cashed out twice using it. It's worked perfectly both times. In fact this week's was received within 24 hours. So I guess that makes me a sceptical convert !
    Originally posted by fluffig
    Me too and thanks for the heads up, just changed my settings so I have to put a PIN in for all transactions. It's probably naive of me to think that if Prolific are offering it as a payment option, it's safe.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 32,794.71
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 1877.50
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th May 17, 9:35 PM
    • 2,374 Posts
    • 3,944 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Guys! I just did something really d!kheaded! I cashed out via circle.com without setting up a circle account! I know, only I could do something so stupid. I have emailed PA but what, if anything, can I do? Yes, I have already called myself every name you can think of but please, feel free to reproduce them. Gods, I'm dumb!
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • quietly_myself
    • By quietly_myself 17th May 17, 9:43 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    quietly_myself
    I don't think PA process the payment for a few days. Set one up now and you should be fine.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th May 17, 9:45 PM
    • 2,374 Posts
    • 3,944 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Kendra stopped the payment so I'm not sure circle would have... Have decided to suck up the fee and be paid via PayPal. Phew!

Thanks!

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 17th May 17, 9:51 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 1,097 Thanks
    MLE007
    Sorry Smodlet I did have a little chuckle. I'm sticking with paypal myself like AprilLady, I don't want my little pennies I earn swallowed up on household stuff
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 1658.59
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 17th May 17, 9:57 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    I'm glad it worked out for you Smodlet!
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th May 17, 10:00 PM
    • 2,374 Posts
    • 3,944 Thanks
    Smodlet
    You guys rock for not telling me how stupid I am, thank you so much! I hate technology!

• GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 17th May 17, 10:09 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Smodlet! glad you've sorted it. For those wobbling about whether to use circle, I signed up on the website not the app and it seems like a very similar process to paypal, I certainly didn't need to take pictures of my card. I haven't even looked at the app so it's not a necessary part of the process if you are not happy about using it.
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 17th May 17, 10:32 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 4,283 Thanks
    AprilLady
    Aw, Smodlet! We all do things like that from time to time - so quick and easy to press a button on the internet/on your phone and then realise you've done something nuts! Phew - happy you've not lost the cash!

Thanks for the info GreyAndGold, good to know.
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 18th May 17, 5:29 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    Fast one up now for 40p
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 18th May 17, 7:21 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    fluffig
    • Available Places : 380/600
    • Avg. Completion Time : 1mins
    • Avg. Reward Per Hour : 24.00/hr
    • Maximum Allowed Time : 7mins
    • Reward: 0.40

and

• Available Places : 279/500
    • Avg. Completion Time : 12mins
    • Avg. Reward Per Hour : 6.25/hr
    • Maximum Allowed Time : 37mins
    • Reward: 1.25
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

16Posts Today

3,570Users online

Martin's Twitter