Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 2,659Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 136
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 15th May 17, 2:00 PM
    • 2,579 Posts
    • 4,189 Thanks
    Smodlet
    And to think, so very confused, I was a mite miffed at just missing out on that one, none for three days, now. On reflection (in the chiller cabinet door) perhaps it is just as well; not sure I can go into raptures over rissoles, atm.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • quietly_myself
    • By quietly_myself 15th May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    quietly_myself
    Remember that Indonesian word pairs one that kept dying and going backwards? I finished with a whole four minutes to spare and many of you guys returned it? I have been paid the £2.50 plus a £1.50 bonus so feeling somewhat better disposed towards it now. I don't remember it mentioning a bonus... Maybe that was for actually getting to the end!
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    I was wondering what the bonus was for! Got it this morning and couldn't remember.
    • so very confused
    • By so very confused 15th May 17, 2:27 PM
    • 974 Posts
    • 3,002 Thanks
    so very confused
    And to think, so very confused, I was a mite miffed at just missing out on that one, none for three days, now. On reflection (in the chiller cabinet door) perhaps it is just as well; not sure I can go into raptures over rissoles, atm.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    First I have had in several days but I tend to be philosophical about it. I do tend to have loads and then none for awhile, so not going to worry just yet.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
    • AKP001
    • By AKP001 15th May 17, 5:34 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    AKP001
    Wow am I cross. I got the last place in chilled product study 300 words x 2 on different products. Did this diligently only to be told I had been timed out. I checked, it was supposed to be 40 minutes, no way did I time out.
    I have emailed researcher mainly as I am irritated but beware if you do this one. I have never timed out before in fact always worried in case I am too fast.
    Oh well now I have vented on with my day......
    The same happened to me. I had 11 minutes left and it said I timed out. I contacted the researcher and he stated that he will reimburse me as long as he can "find a record...even if your session timed out". I am hopeful therefore that we will still get paid.
    • so very confused
    • By so very confused 15th May 17, 5:44 PM
    • 974 Posts
    • 3,002 Thanks
    so very confused
    The same happened to me. I had 11 minutes left and it said I timed out. I contacted the researcher and he stated that he will reimburse me as long as he can "find a record...even if your session timed out". I am hopeful therefore that we will still get paid.
    Originally posted by AKP001
    I have had the same message. Lets hope he finds them. He will not have enough completed studies if he doesn't.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
    • mossy
    • By mossy 15th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 1,211 Posts
    • 8,043 Thanks
    mossy
    Emotional Events and Decision Making 3
    Available Places : 251/455
    Avg. Completion Time : 6mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.00/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 10mins
    Reward: £ 0.60

Be careful, as they have an open ended question at the beginning to write about but they only allow 10 minutes for the survey. I think I must have just timed out as I was being thorough with the first question. Just emailed the researcher, hopefully they'll sort it out.
    Once in a Lifetime Holiday to Disney....the sequel!!
    22.28% £1047/£4700 - left to pay

Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £100/£500 20%
    #083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10
    Ta for the stars Sue
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 15th May 17, 6:26 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 4,350 Thanks
    AprilLady
    I think that's the one I did yesterday - almost got caught out after spending a while on the question too!
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 15th May 17, 7:49 PM
    • 2,579 Posts
    • 4,189 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Thanks for the heads up on that 60p one, guys, I could so easily have timed out if I had not known to keep it brief. Lot of work for a measly 60p, imo.
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 16th May 17, 11:22 AM
    • 311 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Wow am I cross. I got the last place in chilled product study 300 words x 2 on different products. Did this diligently only to be told I had been timed out. I checked, it was supposed to be 40 minutes, no way did I time out.
    I have emailed researcher mainly as I am irritated but beware if you do this one. I have never timed out before in fact always worried in case I am too fast.
    Oh well now I have vented on with my day......
    Originally posted by so very confused

Ahh I did this one yesterday as one of the first surveys I have done and at the end it told me I had timed out ...which I hadn't.
    All after trying to find 1500 characters on Milk and then Yogurt !!
    Not best Pleased
    Will e-mail researcher and see if I get anywhere.

Surveys have been very sparse since I signed up...did a 60p one yesterday,swings and rounabouts I suppose.
    Last edited by Nationwide8; 16-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 17th May 17, 7:08 PM
    • 934 Posts
    • 1,047 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    So no-one else has had anything for the last couple of days either then? Just checking
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 17th May 17, 7:11 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 1,211 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Not a dickie bird for me. There was one about 2 days ago that just went round in the very frustrating error of 'something went wrong' until all the places were filled. Gahhhh!
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 17th May 17, 7:16 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    Exactly the same for me, nada, and when miraculously something does pop up, I get error messages until all the places disappear. It's a wonder everyone else gets the places but me!
    #138 - The "Save 12k in 2017" challenge
    • sim11
    • By sim11 17th May 17, 7:18 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 1,393 Thanks
    sim11
    New to doing these surveys, just completed two, but when i check my history. Both surveys are showing but saying NOCODE. Is this something i should contact them about? Or is this normal at times? With Thanks
    • fluffig
    • By fluffig 17th May 17, 7:19 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    fluffig
    I've not seen any for two days ...
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 17th May 17, 7:23 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 1,211 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Some times it's normal but not usually. At the end of a study there is normally a link that you need to click on to redirect you back to prolific and it marks the study as complete. Did you manually click the 'i've finished' button when you were done to mark it as complete?
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 17th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    Hi Sim11, you should always get a completion code, it's usually a mixture of seven letters and a number. Most studies will have a URL which you have to follow which codes the study as complete.

On the rare occasion something goes wrong you can code it yourself as 'I'm finished' but I usually email the researcher to make sure.
    Hope that helps.
    • StarShapedPeg
    • By StarShapedPeg 17th May 17, 7:26 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    StarShapedPeg
    Crossed posts with grey&gold, sorry
    • sim11
    • By sim11 17th May 17, 7:27 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 1,393 Thanks
    sim11
    Some times it's normal but not usually. At the end of a study there is normally a link that you need to click on to redirect you back to prolific and it marks the study as complete. Did you manually click the 'i've finished' button when you were done to mark it as complete?
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    Yes i did x
    • sim11
    • By sim11 17th May 17, 7:30 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 1,393 Thanks
    sim11
    Hi Sim11, you should always get a completion code, it's usually a mixture of seven letters and a number. Most studies will have a URL which you have to follow which codes the study as complete.

On the rare occasion something goes wrong you can code it yourself as 'I'm finished' but I usually email the researcher to make sure.
    Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by StarShapedPeg
    How long do they take to go as paid? I was thinking i would maybe wait until then, i did click the ive finished for both and they are both registered just the code on both is NOCODE
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 17th May 17, 7:32 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 1,211 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Its probably okay if you finished it through to the end, I would message the researcher to say that you're new and didn't know that there is a link to click to enter the code. They should have your submission so they should still pay you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

126Posts Today

1,426Users online

Martin's Twitter