Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Surfchik80
    • By Surfchik80 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    • 466Posts
    • 2,624Thanks
    Surfchik80
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts
    • 23rd Dec 15, 1:12 PM
    Prolific Academic - New Survey Alerts 23rd Dec 15 at 1:12 PM
    Hi all, this is a thread dedicated to alerting everyone to new surveys appearing on the Prolific Academic site.

It's an interesting and well paid survey site, which also means they're popular and become fully subscribed very quickly!

I love the site, but find their own survey notifications a wee bit hit and miss and most of us don't have time to repeatedly check the site during the day on the off chance of finding available surveys. We won't all be eligible for the same surveys, but a quick 'heads up' when we do see one may make checking for surveys just a little bit more profitable and worthwhile for each other.

No rules, just subscribe and post when you see them to spread the joy!

Additionally, if you're planning on signing up to the site, please be sure to pop over to the referral thread to use someone else's link, before posting your own.
    Last edited by Surfchik80; 23-12-2015 at 1:16 PM.
    £10 a day 2017 - FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
Page 101
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 3,753 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Forgive me for nit-picking but I find it more helpful if people post studies that actually have places left on them...
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 14th Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Forgive me for nit-picking but I find it more helpful if people post studies that actually have places left on them...
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    It doesn't matter, with the site running so slow its impossible to get on to them anyway!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 14th Mar 17, 5:06 PM
    • 4,014 Posts
    • 8,377 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    A place can open up, even on a full study. You'll have t forgive me for being greedy, but I get the study done and then post about it. I don't want to miss out, they go so fast! Anyway, sometimes they open up later for others. I would've thought they always show no places because I'm posting about them AFTER I've completed them, hence I can't participate again.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £32,055.47
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1822.00
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Mar 17, 5:25 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 3,753 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Just missed out on the fifth one today, for it being so slow.

I guess that's where you and I differ, Wizzbang, I post studies as soon as they come up because I want people to get them. I will admit I have missed out on a few for doing that, silly me, but I don't see the point of waiting until all the places have gone to post a study; how is that helping anyone else? Your choice, and mine.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 14th Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    I go for option 3. I get my place on the study then come here and post it, then go back and do the study. Doesn't take a minute to copy and paste the detail so it won't impact on timing out (unless the researcher has badly miscalculated the time needed). win win!
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 14th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 828 Thanks
    MLE007
    I go for option 3. I get my place on the study then come here and post it, then go back and do the study. Doesn't take a minute to copy and paste the detail so it won't impact on timing out (unless the researcher has badly miscalculated the time needed). win win!
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    I do exactly the same, although my broadband speed of 4mb normally means by the time I've managed to upload a post on here the places have probably gone anyway!
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £870.54
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 14th Mar 17, 5:47 PM
    • 4,014 Posts
    • 8,377 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Horses for courses, we all do what we think best. I can easily just stop posting about them at all, after it's my time!
    Minimalist
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1822.00
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 14th Mar 17, 6:43 PM
    • 863 Posts
    • 949 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    I find this thread useful for discussion but pretty useless for alerting me to surveys. Most of what's posted here was either never available to me or hasn't any places left. Maybe we should get it renamed and not have it as survey alerts any more.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Mar 17, 9:05 PM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 3,753 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Oh my. Please forgive the tetchiness, I'm in a lot of pain today. Usually I go for option 3 as well but my brain just has not been working today.

• MLE007
    • By MLE007 14th Mar 17, 9:23 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 828 Thanks
    MLE007
    Oh my. Please forgive the tetchiness, I'm in a lot of pain today. Usually I go for option 3 as well but my brain just has not been working today.
    Hope you feel better soon Smodlet
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £870.54
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 14th Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    • 4,014 Posts
    • 8,377 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    No harm done, me too. Apologies. I will try to do option 3 more often
    Minimalist
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 14th Mar 17, 9:56 PM
    • 3,580 Posts
    • 70,586 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Personality & Emotion by Ellen King
    Available Places : 261/280
    Avg. Completion Time : 19mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.04/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 50mins
    Reward: £ 2.00
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 14th Mar 17, 9:56 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 828 Thanks
    MLE007
    Personality and emotion
    Available Places : 253/280
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.04/hr
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £870.54
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 15th Mar 17, 12:22 AM
    • 2,229 Posts
    • 3,753 Thanks
    Smodlet
    No harm done, me too. Apologies. I will try to do option 3 more often
    Originally posted by Wizzbang

Thank you, Wizzbang and I am truly sorry. Please don't stop posting, it is always nice to get a heads-up and I find the support on here invaluable.

I have been meaning to thank Culpeper and everyone who told me to set up a spam email address; it has come in very handy for a couple of studies and I even got a bonus for one of them. I think everyone on this thread is a valuable contributor.

• Sniickers
    • By Sniickers 15th Mar 17, 2:31 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Sniickers
    Available Places : 275/500
    Avg. Completion Time : 10mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.37/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 90mins
    Reward: £ 1.25
    It's crazy that in life , you have to be reminded to live ........
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 15th Mar 17, 8:43 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    I know its been posted but its still about and it wasn't showing for me earlier but is now, maybe that's the case for others too!

Personality and emotion
    Available Places : 96/280
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.28/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £6.00/hr
    Last edited by GreyAndGold; 15-03-2017 at 9:07 AM.
    • ALIBOBSY
    • By ALIBOBSY 15th Mar 17, 11:08 AM
    • 4,380 Posts
    • 16,301 Thanks
    ALIBOBSY
    Just did a study and wanted to post the details on here, but forgot to note them down, thought I could access them afterwards, but can't see how (excuse me I am new to this site lol).

It was a study about relationships and feminisim and seemed to be for women I think for £1.50 and was alot of places left when I started about 10 mins ago.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"
    • ALIBOBSY
    • By ALIBOBSY 15th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4,380 Posts
    • 16,301 Thanks
    ALIBOBSY
    Ahh found the completed page

Short survey about romantic relationships-updated

Available Places : 147/150
    Avg. Completion Time : 15mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 15mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.00/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 60mins
    Reward: £ 1.50

Women only

Ali x
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 15th Mar 17, 11:14 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Thanks Alibobsy.

To find the details of studies that you have done, you click on the dashboard tab and then click the manage studies tab, then you can click on any of the studies you have done to see the details again.

edit: don't mind me, I see you have found it whilst I was typing!
    • ALIBOBSY
    • By ALIBOBSY 15th Mar 17, 11:27 AM
    • 4,380 Posts
    • 16,301 Thanks
    ALIBOBSY
    Thanks Alibobsy.

To find the details of studies that you have done, you click on the dashboard tab and then click the manage studies tab, then you can click on any of the studies you have done to see the details again.

edit: don't mind me, I see you have found it whilst I was typing!
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    TY yes I submitted the post then realised it was easy to get the info if I clicked the right tab lol.

This was only my second survey, but enjoying PA so far

Ali x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

4,934Users online

Martin's Twitter