Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 21st Dec 15, 3:35 PM
    • 502Posts
    • 3,711Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    From Flat to Farmhouse
    • 21st Dec 15, 3:35 PM
    From Flat to Farmhouse 21st Dec 15 at 3:35 PM
    Hello everyone, I am hoping some of you might recognise my name and no, my mission hasnít changed, I still have lofty ambitions of upgrading from my flat to something a little more spacious. I used to post here a year ago but letís be honest, my ex went a bit stalky so I had to take a step back and delete everything which is a bit of a shame but thatís boys for you

So where were we? Oh yes, paying £400 a month in interest on my mortgage! I need to start 2016 with a renewed vigour towards my financial management. Whilst this wonít be wholey directed at the mortgage, I have found the community of MFWers so helpful in getting the balance right. Despite having the all-important spreadsheet, I have gotten a bit lost with my finances with the poor interest rates and having to use current accounts for savings, so I need to do a proper audit.

As old friends will know, I have the slight disadvantage of being owned by an event horse who insists on having the best of everything. I am also severely hampered by my inability to cook and tend to fritter money away buying lunches.

It is lovely to be back and focused on security, I have missed you all!
Page 8
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 26th Nov 17, 6:17 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 3,711 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    I feel a bit like I am treading water financially at the moment - everything is set and ready for us to buy a house! We viewed lots this weekend including a few maybes but we're away for a few weeks now so not going to rush anything - I'm sure lots will come on in the new year.
    July 2012 £139,642 / Dec 2017 £111,193
    EF - £20,201/£25,000
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 28th Nov 17, 2:19 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 3,711 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    All change, suddenly inundated with money. My tax codes are all up the swanny and after overpaying my tax massively since starting the new job, I now have got far more back than I was owed. Just need to be sensible now as I am sure that will mean I get paid very little over the next few months until it evens out.

Good for the emergency fund but I don't think it is really my money to do anything with now!
    EF - £20,201/£25,000
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 30th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 3,711 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    Money all shuffled, all accessible in case it needs to be paid back or used to live on for the next 6 months. £2.91 TT'd just cos I'm wild and love a round number in my current account.

Started investigating lease extension as that is the next hurdle whether I am keeping the flat or not. I had budgeted 4k, looks like legal fees will push it up enormously, blergh!! It's not cheap this BTL lark, anyone would think they don't want you to have them any more.
    EF - £20,201/£25,000
    • FloppyDisk
    • By FloppyDisk 11th Dec 17, 2:54 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 3,711 Thanks
    FloppyDisk
    Back from holiday, more treading water, no response from the management co about lease extension, no test drives in the lorry at new reduced price and no new houses on the market to view. Nothing to do except panic shop and practise yorkshire puds for the big day!

Trying to motivate myself to go back to my second job for some more cash, and conversely, probably going to take back the lorry and start taking friends horses out competing. No money in but better than sitting doing nothing and with a nice big For Sale sign in it, it might do better than being sat with a professional horsebox seller. Grrrrr.

I have been schooling a very young ex-racehorse who needs a lot more work than I have time for, and a very well bred sporty thing who knows it all but can be a bit unpredictable. Both benefit from seeing some dressage boards, I know I certainly would!
    EF - £20,201/£25,000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,692Posts Today

8,338Users online

Martin's Twitter