Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 21st Dec 15, 1:19 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Bulb Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier
    • 21st Dec 15, 1:19 PM
    Bulb Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier 21st Dec 15 at 1:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Bulb

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.

Please don't post Bulb referral links here. Referral links can be posted on the dedicated Referrers Board. Thanks!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 5:01 PM.
Page 9
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 9th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 11,786 Posts
    • 8,877 Thanks
    fatbelly
    All the indications are that they will be joining the WHD scheme for the 18/19 winter even though their customer numbers were not quite high enough by 31 December 2017 to make it compulsory for them to do so.
    • Capyboppy
    • By Capyboppy 9th Jan 18, 9:44 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    Capyboppy
    Sounds good. I shall be watching attentively ready to switch. My only hesitancy to do so now is because the lad on the live chat didn't even have a clue about this, nor did he know what was stated on the Bulb website. I will certainly be jumping ship from SP when they do.
    • philthunder
    • By philthunder 17th Jan 18, 11:23 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    philthunder
    Terrible Billing

I have been with Bulb for 8 months now and have yet to get a correct bill. So 10 bills, two corrected, (and they were still wrong), I have just about given up. Gas calorific calculation wrong, usage calculations a few pence dearer, meter readings taken to the wrong reading. I need a hot line to the "NO" Help Desk. Yes they answer promptly, but what is the use of that if they are useless at what they do. Their usual answer is "yes we bill at 4 decimal places but only show pricing at 2". But even calculating to the 4 decimal places they are still wrong!
    To be fair they did offer £10 compensation, not much considering I have to check their every calculation.
    NOW they are asking for the 1/10Kw reading off the meter, another excuse to round the figures up? No other utility company has asked for this reading!

The charges shown for Bulb on the comparison site are different to what I am charged!
    My bill Vari-Fair
    Electricity Bulb 11.9729p S/charge 23.39p
    Gas Bulb 2.5008p S/charge 23.39p
    Dual fuel Discount £14.29 each
    Bulbs Vari-Fair Web figures
    Electricity 12.572p S/charge 24.56p
    Gas 26.26p S/charge 24.56p
    Dual Fuel Discount £15 each

Altogether I would not recommend this company, unless you like maths and a good argument every month.
    Last edited by philthunder; 17-01-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 17th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    trickytree1963

I have been with Bulb for 8 months now and have yet to get a correct bill. So 10 bills, two corrected, (and they were still wrong), I have just about given up. Gas calorific calculation wrong, usage calculations a few pence dearer, meter readings taken to the wrong reading. I need a hot line to the "NO" Help Desk. Yes they answer promptly, but what is the use of that if they are useless at what they do. Their usual answer is "yes we bill at 4 decimal places but only show pricing at 2". But even calculating to the 4 decimal places they are still wrong!
    To be fair they did offer £10 compensation, not much considering I have to check their every calculation.
    NOW they are asking for the 1/10Kw reading off the meter, another excuse to round the figures up? No other utility company has asked for this reading!

The charges shown for Bulb on the comparison site are different to what I am charged!
    My bill Vari-Fair
    Electricity Bulb 11.9729p S/charge 23.39p
    Gas Bulb 2.5008p S/charge 23.39p
    Dual fuel Discount £14.29 each
    Bulbs Vari-Fair Web figures
    Electricity 12.572p S/charge 24.56p
    Gas 26.26p S/charge 24.56p
    Dual Fuel Discount £15 each

Altogether I would not recommend this company, unless you like maths and a good argument every month.
    Originally posted by philthunder
    Have you not factored 5% VAT in the figures you quote?
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 17th Jan 18, 12:32 PM
    • 4,054 Posts
    • 1,617 Thanks
    footyguy
    Philthunder's thread and lots of replies here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5752997

He adsmits in post#13 from last month he has failed to take account of VAT, yet still seems to be banging on about it in this thread now

Another one I will wish Good Luck to...
    • Filo25
    • By Filo25 18th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 1,253 Posts
    • 1,870 Thanks
    Filo25
    Been with Bulb for just over a year now, and still very happy with them, from the point of the switch onwards they have been extremely helpful and easy to deal with.
    Last edited by Filo25; 18-01-2018 at 5:09 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,297Posts Today

8,424Users online

Martin's Twitter