Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmm
    • By nmm 20th Dec 15, 9:28 PM
    • 1,683Posts
    • 7,937Thanks
    nmm
    Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More
    • 20th Dec 15, 9:28 PM
    Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More 20th Dec 15 at 9:28 PM
    Welcome to the Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 thread, pull up a chair, grab a cuppa and settle in for a stash busting year.

This year its all about money saving, so lets use up our stash and complete those UFO's before buying anything else.

For the previous thread click here. For all info regarding copyright/chart requests click here

Current Challenge
    Last edited by nmm; 18-03-2016 at 7:51 PM.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenge Member No1 / WIP: JNM Safari Leopard
    Current Challenges - Complete Leopard & Mothers Day
Page 13
    • Snorkypants
    • By Snorkypants 12th Aug 16, 5:05 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 881 Thanks
    Snorkypants
    Hi Snorkypants, the framer I use is this one:

http://www.oadstreetcentre.co.uk/page3.html

Lovely husband and wife team I would highly recommend.

Hi tricksie, lovely to 'see' you.

No stitching done this week - too engrossed in the olympics! Must try harder lol.
    Coxy
    Originally posted by Coxy11

Thanks Coxy, that's great, I've saved the link for future reference
    Emergency Fund Challenge Member #138 - £1000/£1000
    • nmm
    • By nmm 12th Aug 16, 7:35 PM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 7,937 Thanks
    nmm
    Ha nmm, never too early! I think if we do a Christmas exchange this year it will be just me and you!
    Originally posted by Coxy11
    I hope the others check in soon too but if not i'll happily exchange cards with you, I really look forward to it every year.
    • sammy_kaye18
    • By sammy_kaye18 4th Sep 16, 9:59 AM
    • 2,961 Posts
    • 17,973 Thanks
    sammy_kaye18
    Hello all

Room for another little one?? Im busy doing a few cross stitched christmas cards for older relatives and am working on a cross stitched tablecloth for my nan for her christmas present....although I ordered it and its one of those kits with the design on the material in the horrid grey colour rather than just being plain material which I prefer.

I look forward to seeing how your all getting on soon and will post a picture soon once Im underway
    Back working and happy in my job
    ....Working on becoming Me ....
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 5th Sep 16, 5:13 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi Sammy-Kaye,

Always room for more stitchers! Good luck with the cards. I like the mouse loft ones as they don't take long at all. The only card I stitch now is for the cafe exchange - no one else seems to appreciate them which is a shame but hey ho.

I am getting on with Collecting Shells and have finished her dress (white stitches on off White aida #painful). Will post a pic shortly. I won't finish by my deadline of Saturday 10th which is my birthday. No matter - it will be done at some stage this year (hopefully). I have a piece at the framers which I will collect this week all being well. It's for a friends 50th next month.

Hope all are well. Post to let me know you're okay please

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP #1: Collecting Shells by Nancy Cole
    Currently reading: The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 5th Sep 16, 5:20 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Update

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af292/coxy11_album/Mobile%20Uploads/image_14.jpeg
    • sammy_kaye18
    • By sammy_kaye18 5th Sep 16, 5:45 PM
    • 2,961 Posts
    • 17,973 Thanks
    sammy_kaye18
    Coxy - my nan always appreciates a homemade gift/card that has taken time and effort, a few years back I did a tag, bookmark and a card fro her which she loved and I decorated a diary for her - so cheap and simple but had a heart felt meaning behind it so I think I will do something similar this year.....the tablecloth I am stitching fro her has daffodils on it - we are in Wales - so I think I will try and make the diary nice and bright for her. I think I might also do some cards for my friends as well as they are crafty and will appreciate the sentiment behind it and the fact it has taken time and effort to do.

I love the chart your doing too. I did find a future project yesterday but it is an american chart for a sugar skull design which my niece loves. I am seriously considering working solidly on the tablecloth this month and then buying the new chart at the end of this month with every intention for it to be finished and framed as her christmas present for her new room
    Back working and happy in my job
    ....Working on becoming Me ....
    • nmm
    • By nmm 5th Sep 16, 8:00 PM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 7,937 Thanks
    nmm
    Hi all, sorry I've been awol, been crocheting some cute dogs for a charity so not much stitching done.

Welcome Sammy_Kaye, I've never stitched a piece that was printed on the fabric, I look forward to your updates.

Coxy, that's a lovely project you're doing don't envy the white on white, black on black aida was bad enough.

I also sadly had our old dog pts last week, it breaks my heart everytime, I know they are in a better place but it still hurts
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 6th Sep 16, 5:30 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Oh nmm so sorry to hear about your dog xx Our old boy was 12 last week, cocker spaniel and mad as a box of frogs. He was clipped yesterday and is quite warty now - one on each ear got sliced open even though we told the groomer to look out for them

Should be picking up my framed piece tomorrow all being well. Will post an updated photo when I can.

I pm'd FoS a few weeks back - no response. Does anyone hear from her on other threads?

Coxy
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 7th Sep 16, 3:43 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Picked up the hen sampler today. It's a 50th birthday pressie for my friend. Unfortunately all her chickens were killed by a fox two weeks ago....

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af292/coxy11_album/Mobile%20Uploads/image_15.jpeg
    Last edited by Coxy11; 07-09-2016 at 3:46 PM.
    • Mrs ceejay
    • By Mrs ceejay 7th Sep 16, 4:15 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 2,323 Thanks
    Mrs ceejay
    Hi,
    Coxy
    The little girl is coming on lovely,I did elephants and that took about 9 different greys,some mixed ones and each stitch was different to its neighbor,it took ages,never doing another elephant again!!
    nmm
    Sorry to hear about your little dog,it just breaks your heart,miss my old cat,he was nearly 17,grumpy,bad tempered but I loved him to pieces.
    Sammy
    Never done a printed chart before,interested in what u think of them.

Not a lot of stitching done here,crochet has been this summers thing,for GD
    In Oz,but started back on my world map so some pics soon I hope.
    Hope all is well
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 14th Sep 16, 7:33 AM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Morning!

No further stitching done over the last few days - it was my birthday on Saturday so we were out and I had masses of ironing to do on Sunday due to schools going back

I have however, managed to knit the body of a partridge for the church's 12 days of Christmas display (you may remember I also did the 12 drummers drumming which nearly finished me off!). It was interesting knitting in the heat yesterday..... Just the head and beak to do, then I will stuff it.

Hope everyone else is going well. Still undecided about ally pally. We are out on the Sunday so it will be Saturday or nothing and it gets sooooo busy.

Have a good day
    Coxy
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 14th Sep 16, 8:17 AM
    • 14,857 Posts
    • 189,725 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Morning all
    I hope everyone is well
    Belated birthday wishes Coxy,
    Welcome to any new stitches since I last posted

I've been so busy with work and house decorating i just haven't had time to pick my stitching up, I must get back into it.

Can't believe the Christmas exchange is being talked about already, it's one of my favourite things to stitch so I'd definately like to join in for that again.

Will try and pop back in more often, even if it's just to admire others work till my mojo returns.
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £231.76
    SPC~10 No100 : : X2
    read your books challenge-currently on It started with a kiss
    xstitch challenge 63 'mittens' lyric cushion
    16 in 2016 challenge 12/16 stockings
    2016 wooligan stuff - 86 assorted hats, 9,beadbags 10,hedgehogs
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 20th Sep 16, 1:02 PM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hello gang!

STILL no stitching from me. However, I have made the body of the knitted partridge for the 12 knits of Christmas (you remember I did the 12 drummers too). Need orange and brown wool to finish it off. Won't be able to make the group until Wednesday 28th so will finish it off then.

In other news (not cross stitch related either) I have been asked to take part in a yarn bombing exercise, so knitted a couple of samples for that last night.

I have some work to do from home tonight, after which I hope to be able to get an hour's stitching in. Hope you are all going well. Still no reply from my PM to FoS. Hope she's okay??

Coxy
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 20th Sep 16, 2:39 PM
    • 14,857 Posts
    • 189,725 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    You sound busy as ever Coxy. I actually managed to stitch a couple of words on my lyric cushion cover panel at the weekend! First time I've picked up a needle in ages.
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 12th Oct 16, 5:46 AM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Morning gang!

I'm up early as I have a sore throat and needed tea! I haven't managed much cross stitch lately This is due to catching up on 'taped' TV like Luther and National Treasure, plus I'm an avid Strictly fan so that's two nights taken care of lol!

Yesterday I finished the knitted partridge for the knit and natter Christmas project (you will remember I did 12 drummers drumming too.....) so will deliver that today.

Last week I was offered a full time job in London so I have resigned from my two part time local jobs and will start on 14th November. DH still hasn't found anything (made redundant in March) so this will help a bit, but I'm really nervous

Does anyone want to take part in a Christmas card exchange? If so, can you let me know and I will run it this year. I don't know what's happened to FoS but she hasn't replied to my PM which is worrying,

Did anyone go to Ally Pally? I couldn't get there as too much on (and I have a load of stash still.....)

Have a good day all
    Coxy
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 12th Oct 16, 8:26 AM
    • 14,857 Posts
    • 189,725 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Coxy I'd be happy to take part in the exchange, I haven't done much stitching recently as stuff gets in the way but I do like to make something Christmassy for this-it's a bit of a tradition now isn't it,

Hope all are well.

Hope fos is just too busy to post now and that she'll be back once things settle for her but i agree it's worrying that she seems to have disappeared
    • blue_eyed_girl
    • By blue_eyed_girl 13th Oct 16, 8:45 PM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 29,207 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl
    Evening everyone - sorry I haven't been around for a long while but life has just got in the way and my stitching mojo went well and truly awol. However, can any of you remember my Snowman stitch from last year (didn't quite get it finished in time for Christmas as mum had accident). Well I bought some Christmassy fabric this week and ... hey presto - all done and made up. Have decided to donate this cushion to my future daugher-in-law as she is Christmas crazy.

If the card exchange is going ahead can I join in please.

Will try to catch yp with all your posts through the coming week.

b_e_g

ETA - I have tried several times to post pic of cushion and everything is just ending up HUGE so I will have to have another go when I'm less tired. I have even swapped from ipad to laptop and I still cannot get it right grrrrr.
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS
    • blue_eyed_girl
    • By blue_eyed_girl 14th Oct 16, 4:39 PM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 29,207 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl
    Dah Dah

I think it may have worked today .

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS
    • kezbabybabe
    • By kezbabybabe 17th Oct 16, 7:10 AM
    • 696 Posts
    • 3,265 Thanks
    kezbabybabe
    Sorry, ladies, I haven't been around much. Still here, just busy with life.
    I finished my Giant's Head, Heligan piece over the weekend. Probably took longer than it should've done, but that's half the challenge. Here he is for you:
    2016-10-15 21.20.10 by Kerry, on Flickr

A question for you all, I used elastic jewelry 'wire' to mark out my squares, while useful, it did mean that I had to be careful when making my stitching so I wasn't also sewing in the wire. Is there a thinner product out there that will do the same job but won't impact as much when I sew over it?

Kerry W
    SPC Member No. 020 - 2016 total = £43.87
    Cross-stitch Cafe Member no. 19 - Lost Gardens of Heligan Sampler
    Books to read in 2016: 49 (Goodreads challenge 2016: 40/52)
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 17th Oct 16, 7:34 AM
    • 1,914 Posts
    • 23,726 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Great work beg and Kez xx I love that we all stitch such diverse subjects.

Kez - I've never marked out my squares so can't help you I'm afraid. I think someone mentioned a pen that washes off but I've not used one.

Still no stitching for me.... I had a dreadful cold this week and couldn't have concentrated if I'd wanted to. Tonight may be the night when I pick it up again - here's hoping.

The Christmas exchange has been mentioned. So far there is:
    Me
    mrs-moneypenny and
    b-e-g

Does anyone else want to join in? Deadline for letting me know is 11th November please.

Have a great day all
    Coxy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

2,186Users online

Martin's Twitter