Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elmarcinio
    • By elmarcinio 18th Dec 15, 10:34 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 7Thanks
    elmarcinio
    Late arrive of PCN for leased vehicle - Highview Parking
    • 18th Dec 15, 10:34 PM
    Late arrive of PCN for leased vehicle - Highview Parking 18th Dec 15 at 10:34 PM
    I lease a vehicle from Citroen. The DVLA hold Citroen's details as the registered keeper of the vehicle. Citroen in turn hold my details as the keeper of the vehicle.

I received a letter yesterday (17th Dec 2015) from Citroen (dated 15th Dec), enclosing a copy of a Highview Parking Charge Notice (dated 10th Dec) with ANPR/ CCTV stills of my vehicle taken on the 2nd Dec at a carpark on Bradfield Road, Sheffield, S6.

Citroen have duly passed on my details to Highview, so I am expecting & preparing to deal wth the Charge Notice when it arrives at my address.

No window tickets were left on the vehicle on the day of the alleged violation.

As such, the 14 days stipulated in POFA Subparagraphs 9.4 & 9.5 have now been surpassed as I have not received the Charge Notice in the post yet. NB: to summarise, these subparagraphs state that the notice must be given by sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within 14 days starting the day after the parking period ended.

I've read the Newbie information in detail - and have searched this forum, but can't find an answer to my question... which is as follows.

If the process which Highview takes to identify my address as the Keeper, via DVLA and subsequently Citroen, exceeds the 14 days POFA allows Highvew to deliver the PCN, is that grounds to appeal the PCN?

I suspect my argument could be countered by Highview stating the Lease Company's address is a current service address, however the T&C's I suspect I have with Citroen state that my address is the service address & that liability for the processing of such charges lies with me as the leasee.

I'd welcome any advice or redirection to other threads where this has already been covered.

Cheers!
    Marcin.
Page 2
    • Mits111
    • By Mits111 30th Dec 16, 10:58 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mits111
    Hello all,

I'm new to this so please mind my ignorance. I've got a similar parking dilemma and was wondering if I can use the above template for my parking charge.

Here's my story -

My vehicle is a company lease vehicle from Arval

2/11/2016 - received a ticket from UKPC on my windscreen in High Wycombe hospital, I was working for the hospital itself.

06/12/2016 - UKPC send NTK, this was sent to Arval and was dated, also included picture, charge etc.

21/12/2016 - Arval replied back to UKPC advising that they are the leasing company and passed on my information as the hirer.

22/12/2016 - Arval sent me a copy of the parking charge notice from UKPC.

29/12/2016 - is when I actually received the copy from Arval.

Please note I am yet to receive anything directly from UKPC. Apart from the original ticket on my windscreen.

My questions are -

Do I wait for UKPC to send me a notice to keeper and then contest it using the template above?

Do I go ahead and use the template now?

Do I wait until I receive the NTK from UKPC, see if it's sent within 21 days of Arval sending them of my information and use another template?

Appreciate help with this
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Dec 16, 4:04 PM
    • 51,709 Posts
    • 65,352 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would wait, as you know that Arval did supply your name and address.

In the meantime, because of this:

2/11/2016 - received a ticket from UKPC on my windscreen in High Wycombe hospital, I was working for the hospital itself.
    I would phone up the Hospital, ask for the Facilities/Premises Manager and ask them to cancel the unfair charge. Be pretty assertive but polite.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mits111
    • By Mits111 30th Dec 16, 5:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mits111
    So I called the hospital as advised.

Spoke to the operator who said facilities department will not deal with parking charges and that I will have to speak to the car parking department (basically the ones that gave me the ticket in the first place).

The department was closed so I'll have to wait till new year. If I'm honest I can't see me getting anywhere by complaining to the ones who issued the charge in the first place.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Dec 16, 5:17 PM
    • 51,709 Posts
    • 65,352 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Most people who work there can get NHS ones cancelled this way. I helped someone earlier this month, off forum, and told her to try that first, and it was cancelled (somewhere in a NHS car park a long way ooop North, not near me or you).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Mits111
    • By Mits111 30th Dec 16, 5:22 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mits111
    Most people who work there can get NHS ones cancelled this way. I helped someone earlier this month, off forum, and told her to try that first, and it was cancelled (somewhere in a NHS car park a long way ooop North, not near me or you).
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

I'll give it a go and let you know the out come.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 31st Dec 16, 9:00 AM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 2,690 Thanks
    nigelbb
    When you say working for the hospital do you mean as a tradesman or as an employee? If it is the former what arrangements did the hospital make for you to park while undertaking work for them?
    • Mits111
    • By Mits111 31st Dec 16, 9:59 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mits111
    A tradesmen. Just working there for the day. Parked up in staff carpark to look for the parking warden to tell him I'm working at the hospital and looking for the facilities office to sign in. Parking had already been arranged for my vehicle but I needed to sign in to the site first. While I was looking for him he'd slapped a ticket on. I eventually found him. He was by my van. Just finished putting the ticket on. Literally 30 seconds earlier and I wouldn't have been in this mess. Anyway he refused to cancel the ticket, used the line "once it's on, its on".
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 31st Dec 16, 2:24 PM
    • 51,709 Posts
    • 65,352 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You need to get the NHS Trust to cancel this, it is ridiculous. This is a good time to embarrass Hospitals about their rip-off reliance of cowboy parking firms intimidating patients and employees:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4072180/How-hospitals-betray-patients-doing-deals-parking-cowboys.html

HTH

• Mits111
    • By Mits111 3rd Jan 17, 12:48 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mits111
    I'll give it a go and let you know the out come.
    Originally posted by Mits111
    Called again today, the hospital put me through to UKPC. Spoke to the lady over the phone who was nice enough but said that they won't be able to cancel a ticket over the phone and will have to contest the parking charge through writing to them or via their website.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 17, 1:36 AM
    • 51,709 Posts
    • 65,352 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why did the Hospital put you through to UKPC. You should have refused, that was not why you phoned.

Write to the NHS Trust CEO and point out that this incentivised 'fines' regime is against the Government Policy on NHS Parking Charges and that any NHS Trust remains jointly and severally liable for the conduct of the parking firms in their car parks and can't pass the buck.

• trell70
    • By trell70 10th Jan 17, 7:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trell70
    Lease company threatening to pay my PCN but I haven't received it yet
    Have spend hours reading up on this but would be most grateful to clarify something:

1. I received a letter dated 30/12/2016 my lease car company Automotive Leasing (AL) with a copy of the Highview PCN dated 22/12/2016 for a parking charge occurring on 11/12/2016 in Almondvale Retail Park, Livingston, Scotland. To clarify, the car is leased to the NHS, but I'm the named driver.

2. AL states that it has provided Highview with a Statutory Statement of Hire, tranferring liability of the offence to me so that they can contact me directly.

3. AL state that I have 28 days from the issue date on the PCN (so, until pretty much two days from now) to appeal, but I haven't received anything from Highview yet.

4. Should I contact AL to say that I plan to appeal once I receive the notice from Highview? Also should I also ask AL when they supplied the required 'extra documents' to Highview (I'm assuming it'll be around 30/12/2016, and wait until the 21 days have passed to send the template letter?) I'm not sure if the Car Leasing Manager in the NHS has received these 'extra documents' but I'll check tomorrow.

Your help most appreciated!
    Best wishes
    trell70
    Last edited by trell70; 10-01-2017 at 7:48 PM.
    • trell70
    • By trell70 10th Jan 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    trell70
    I could do with your expertise Coupon-mad!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 17, 9:31 AM
    • 33,486 Posts
    • 17,366 Thanks
    Quentin
    I could do with your expertise Coupon-mad!
    Originally posted by trell70
    You need to start your own thread and not attempt a hijack of someone elses. (But read the newbies faq thread at the top of the forum first as your situation is covered there!)
    • zed37
    • By zed37 4th May 17, 3:24 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    zed37
    pcn from network rail ? apco
    Dear All,

Please can someone help i have a car with my work - nhs and got this PCN from APCOA Parking at Manchester Victoria Station for alleged contravention of use of private car park without making a valid payment. it is a notice to hirer, it says they issued a notice to keeper and then got vehicles keeper data from DVLA under regulation 27. i was probably in there for 10 mins only stayed in the car as was picking my son but it was raining and dark. the incident happened on 18.3.17 and the date of issue of notice is 27.4.17 ( only recd it on 2nd May, 2017).

can i appeal this and can i use this as an appeal letter.

I refer to the above-detailed Parking Charge Notice (“PCN”) issued to me by APCOA Parking UK as a Notice to Hirer. I confirm that as the hirer of this vehicle, I am its keeper for the purpose of the corresponding definition under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (“POFA”) and I write to formally challenge the validity of this PCN.

You will no doubt be familiar with the strict requirements of Schedule 4 of POFA to be followed in order for a parking operator to be able to invoke keeper liability for a Parking Charge. There are a number of reasons why APCOA’s Notice to Hirer did not comply with POFA; in order that you may understand why, I suggest that you carefully study the details of Paragraphs 13 and 14 of Schedule 4 in particular.

Given that APCOA has forfeited its right to keeper liability, please confirm that you shall now cancel this charge. Alternatively, should you choose to reject my challenge, please provide me with details of the Independent Appeals Service (POPLA), their contact details and a unique POPLA appeal reference so that I may escalate the matter to POPLA.

thanks for any comments in advance.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th May 17, 4:49 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    please start a new thread using the red NEW THREAD BUTTON at the top left of this forum, then you can get bespoke advice on your own thread

thank you
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Julie Harvey
    • By Julie Harvey 27th Jul 17, 10:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Julie Harvey
    Hi,.. can anyone help me? feb 2017 I parked on a private car park. SIP PARKING LTD. My own car that I use for business, at that point I was working for a telecoms company. I purchased a ticket but after I had been working on my phone for 15 minutes. I have my £2 parking ticket. however there must have been a camera, and I recvd a notice in the post for exceeding my time on my parking ticket. I have ignored letters but now have a letter from gladstones dated 10th july for £160 . I have not appealed or acknowledged anything so far. there were no notices stating there were cameras or that a warning that a ticket must be purchased immediately on arrival.
    any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Julie Harvey; 27-07-2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Inserting SIP as the parking company
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 27th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 33,486 Posts
    • 17,366 Thanks
    Quentin
    Everyone is asked to first read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before posting.

Once you have read there if you need further advice you must start your own thread and not hijack or ressurect someone elses
    • nevnoodle
    • By nevnoodle 6th Dec 17, 11:49 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nevnoodle
    Hi,
    I submitted an appeal using Edna's template and have received a reponse from Park Watch saying that the charge will still apply but giving me the POPLA code I requested - I cannot seem to find the follow up letter template to fill in with POPLA - any ideas?
    I was not driving, the car is a lease car, the lease company sent me the notice through from Park Watch and have charged me an admin fee.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Dec 17, 12:41 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Any reason you hijacked someone elses thread?
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Dec 17, 5:22 PM
    • 10,250 Posts
    • 9,381 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Any reason you hijacked someone elses thread?
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    This old thread has been hijacked so many times that I am sure the original poster won't care, but you are right to advise nevnoodle who should start his own thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

520Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter