Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 124
    • Brats64
    • By Brats64 20th Sep 16, 6:00 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    Brats64
    Back from second trip to Vegas this year.
    Gambling went a bit better than May visit....we just about broke even,so good result for us.

We had a room booked through Mlife at Luxor for 4 nights,and never paid a deposit on that room for some reason.Just paid total at check in.
    Like photome says,it's usually first nights deposit that's taken.Both our other two hotels took first night deposit.Cancellation without loss of first nights payment is often just 24 hours prior to stay,or at most just a few days before.
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 21st Sep 16, 12:42 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    secretmachines
    hi everyone, if people are happy to share, I'd be interested to know (and hopefully others too) what you've paid for hotel rooms recently, e.g.

Hotel: Vdara
    Room type: City Corner Suite
    No. of nights: 7
    Cost (not inc. resort fees): 1,000
    Booked with: hotels.com
    Date of stay: April 2016

just trying to get a feel for what to expect to pay for next year
    • ferf1223
    • By ferf1223 21st Sep 16, 11:34 PM
    • 8,846 Posts
    • 7,555 Thanks
    ferf1223
    My husband and I have decided that there is no way we can make this work for lunch tomorrow, and we are quite sad about it.

http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/cult-american-burger-joint-in-n-out-is-popping-up-in-london-on-wednesday-091916
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
    • pennylane99
    • By pennylane99 22nd Sep 16, 12:17 AM
    • 4,949 Posts
    • 4,882 Thanks
    pennylane99
    My husband and I have decided that there is no way we can make this work for lunch tomorrow, and we are quite sad about it.

http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/cult-american-burger-joint-in-n-out-is-popping-up-in-london-on-wednesday-091916
    Originally posted by ferf1223
    It was open Wednesday only, Between 11 and 3pm...but sold out by 12 noon
    • mrssjs
    • By mrssjs 22nd Sep 16, 12:33 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 6,253 Thanks
    mrssjs
    Hi guys, could someone help please? We have booked our first trip for September 2017 - how far in advance can you book trips? We want to see O at the Bellagio and helicopter ride (short one) over the Canyon. TIA
    • lesley74
    • By lesley74 23rd Sep 16, 7:22 AM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 1,233 Thanks
    lesley74
    Vegas
    Hi guys, could someone help please? We have booked our first trip for September 2017 - how far in advance can you book trips? We want to see O at the Bellagio and helicopter ride (short one) over the Canyon. TIA
    Originally posted by mrssjs
    I'd say you are way too far out to start planning things. I wouldn't be booking anything like that until within 6 months of travel. No harm doing lots of reading though to get an idea of what you want to see and do. I would imagine O at the Bellagio will still be on as it has been long running.
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 23rd Sep 16, 8:44 AM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    secretmachines
    having just realised that ebookers and expedia are now the same people, is it worth me still checking both when pricing up hotels?

Prices seem to identical at the moment... but Quidco cashback rates do vary.
    • Chyna-s
    • By Chyna-s 23rd Sep 16, 2:17 PM
    • 2,582 Posts
    • 17,475 Thanks
    Chyna-s
    Ebookers have a 15% off code at the moment - HOT0916.

I've just cancelled and re-booked 3 hotels for my SF/LV trip in November :-)
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 23rd Sep 16, 2:28 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    secretmachines
    Ebookers have a 15% off code at the moment - HOT0916.

I've just cancelled and re-booked 3 hotels for my SF/LV trip in November :-)
    Originally posted by Chyna-s
    just to say it's only applicable to selected hotels (for example, not The Cosmopolitan) and for certain dates.

but quidco are doing an ebookers 15% cashback for the next 2 days.
    Last edited by secretmachines; Yesterday at 2:43 PM.
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 23rd Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    secretmachines
    So if I booked a hotel on a free cancellation (first night's cost as deposit) via quidco, would i still get full cash back of i went through with the booking paying later down the line?
    • Brats64
    • By Brats64 24th Sep 16, 2:39 AM
    • 269 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    Brats64
    You cannot rely on cashback sites.

Do not book any hotel and assume you are guaranteed to receive the cashback.
    We have used both Expedia and ebookers for room only,and also room/flights combined using both Quidco and TCB.

Most of the time cashback has been paid,but both companies,and both cashback sites have declined paying out.....when all conditions had been met...ie went through cashback site,and completed stay.

It's really annoying when they don't pay out,but even after putting in claims,they still refuse to pay sometimes.
    We have had small amounts paid like about 10.... And we've had larger...up to near 200...but they refused to pay out 73.00 from a trip only last year...very frustrating,but there's nothing you can do in the end.

Success rate for us is about 90% ...but like I say,don't count it as certain money back in your pocket.
    • pebblesmax
    • By pebblesmax 24th Sep 16, 3:26 AM
    • 1,927 Posts
    • 1,734 Thanks
    pebblesmax
    I just do it as a perk. If it doesn't work out I don't get upset. I don't often do things that pay out large amounts though. Rarely do it for Vegas things to be honest.

My best was on a suite from Harvey's. It took forever but I got paid out eventually.
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 24th Sep 16, 6:07 AM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    secretmachines
    That's interesting, I've never had a holiday purchase not paid. I've only ever had six failures (for very small amounts and I suspect I know why) in over six years and racked up nearly 2,000 of cash back.
    • photome
    • By photome 24th Sep 16, 7:49 AM
    • 11,838 Posts
    • 7,374 Thanks
    photome
    So if I booked a hotel on a free cancellation (first night's cost as deposit) via quidco, would i still get full cash back of i went through with the booking paying later down the line?
    Originally posted by secretmachines
    I wouldnt rely on cashback either although you should get paid on the full amount, less the tax and resort fee I suspect.

have you looked at booking direct, have you signed up for all the hotels mailing lists, do you get offers from previous gambling
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 24th Sep 16, 8:31 AM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    secretmachines
    I wouldnt rely on cashback either although you should get paid on the full amount, less the tax and resort fee I suspect.

have you looked at booking direct, have you signed up for all the hotels mailing lists, do you get offers from previous gambling
    Originally posted by photome
    Am an mlife member but not got any points, have signed up online for total rewards, signed up online for Identity @ Cosmo, but you have to visit them in-house to activate it?

Also registered on smartervegas...
    Last edited by secretmachines; Today at 8:40 AM.
    • lesley74
    • By lesley74 24th Sep 16, 8:55 AM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 1,233 Thanks
    lesley74
    The only time my hotels haven't paid out is if I've used a promo code. I always try it just in case it works. It tends to track but then get declined.
    • bargain_babs
    • By bargain_babs 24th Sep 16, 9:16 AM
    • 1,792 Posts
    • 13,754 Thanks
    bargain_babs
    hiya - stumbled across this forum - fab - we are booked to go to Vegas next September 2017
    where did you get all your vouchers from for lunch and drinks etc
    great forum - keep up the good work all xxx
    • gracie10
    • By gracie10 24th Sep 16, 9:27 AM
    • 518 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    gracie10
    Ive booked with low cost usa before when have visited vegas a few years ago. Just noticed some great prices for wynn and encore for next year. The price states * no resort fee charged*
    Would this mean the price quoted includes the resort fee? Anyone booked with them before and had this? Just wondering if they would try and charge me this at the hotel direct?
    • secretmachines
    • By secretmachines 24th Sep 16, 10:34 AM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    secretmachines
    Ive booked with low cost usa before when have visited vegas a few years ago. Just noticed some great prices for wynn and encore for next year. The price states * no resort fee charged*
    Would this mean the price quoted includes the resort fee? Anyone booked with them before and had this? Just wondering if they would try and charge me this at the hotel direct?
    Originally posted by gracie10
    I've just had a look and would think you're right...all other hotels say 'resort fee not included'. I'd take screenshots and print outs of your booking if you go ahead with that, just to be on the safe side
    • photome
    • By photome 24th Sep 16, 11:51 AM
    • 11,838 Posts
    • 7,374 Thanks
    photome
    Originally posted by gracie10
    It does indeed look like no resort fee charged just need to be aware of lowcostusa charges for cancellation

Looks like full payment is due on booking with no free cancellation
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,108Posts Today

4,152Users online

Martin's Twitter