Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • asharon
    • By asharon 28th Aug 07, 11:00 AM
    • 1,151Posts
    • 467Thanks
    asharon
    YumYums - does anyone know a recipe ?
    • 28th Aug 07, 11:00 AM
    YumYums - does anyone know a recipe ? 28th Aug 07 at 11:00 AM
    I've tried googling but it just brings ups some mouthwatering ideas.

They sell them in bakeries and such but does anyone have a recipe for them ?
    Nice to save.
Page 1
  • Gingernutmeg
    • 28th Aug 07, 11:08 AM
    • 28th Aug 07, 11:08 AM
    When I've made them I've just used a basic doughnut recipe, cooked it as per the recipe and then while they're still warm, I've glazed them with a vanilla flavoured water icing (good vanilla essence, icing sugar, water). I don't make them that often though as they get eaten far too quickly!

• divorcingjack
    • 28th Aug 07, 11:29 AM
    • 28th Aug 07, 11:29 AM
    I'm afraid I have no helpful advice, but just wanted to say mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I love yum-yums. My OH is a baker, and I know they are deep fried, but that's about all.

Good luck!

dj

Actually - I've just thought; I could ask him for the recipe! I'm such a wally. I'll ask him when he gets home, and if it's not too closely guarded, I'll post it up here.
    Last edited by divorcingjack; 28-08-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: aother thought
    Self-building fund : £4259
    Savings target: 1 rainy year 10000/10000

WINS 2011: Briggs & Reilly Suitcase, Nail Polish, Book, AEGON international tennis tickets x2, 4* trip to London including Michelin Star dinner
    • asharon
    • By asharon 28th Aug 07, 11:52 AM
    • 1,151 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    asharon
    • 28th Aug 07, 11:52 AM
    • 28th Aug 07, 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the replies so far keep em coming Yummmmm
    Nice to save.
    • lynzpower
    • By lynzpower 29th Aug 07, 3:03 PM
    • 24,742 Posts
    • 39,630 Thanks
    lynzpower
    • 29th Aug 07, 3:03 PM
    • 29th Aug 07, 3:03 PM
    I used to work in tescos bakery- and all supermarket bakery ones are "bake off" ie precooked ( fried I bet) elsewhere, then baked in the ovens then iced and glazed. So theres nothing "fresh" about them

In terms of making them I would make a donut batter, but maybe ever so slightly thicker, quickly dusted in flour if possible to stay in shape and then deep fry, cool and glaze
    Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast
  • Curv
    • 29th Aug 07, 7:50 PM
    • 29th Aug 07, 7:50 PM
    Oh, God! I bought some of these as a treat when DS was ill last week... I've been craving them ever since. Don't suppose there's any way of putting a 'diet' spin on them is there?

I know, I know... I'm dreaming :rolleyes:

Why can't I be one of those people who goes right off food when they find out it's not good for them? Pfffft!
    Things I wouldn't say to your face

Not my real name
    • Penelope Penguin
    • By Penelope Penguin 30th May 09, 5:16 PM
    • 17,101 Posts
    • 132,744 Thanks
    Penelope Penguin
    • 30th May 09, 5:16 PM
    • 30th May 09, 5:16 PM
    Hi there Sorry, but I've had to delete a post as it contravenes this rule:

Take care over copyright. Use excerpts and links rather than copying long text. This site asserts copyright on all comments posted on the board.

Link to the recipe here

Penny. x
    Badgers at the bottom of our garden
  • Reverbe
    • 30th May 09, 5:25 PM
    • 30th May 09, 5:25 PM
    Arent they just a funny shaped glazed doughnut?
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • *Maya*
    • 30th May 09, 5:33 PM
    • 30th May 09, 5:33 PM
    Arent they just a funny shaped glazed doughnut?
    Originally posted by Reverbe
    Do you have a recipe?
  • KimYeovil
    Don't suppose there's any way of putting a 'diet' spin on them is there?

I know, I know... I'm dreaming :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Curv
    Yes, you can eat them as part of a balanced, healthy diet. They are better for you than lighter, less calorific snacks as they have the appropriate number of calories for their taste. They fill you up and you are likely to treat them sensibly.

'Lite' or 'diet' snacks are obnoxious, toxic monstrosities that can confuse your metabolism and tempt you to stuff down too many.

A little of what you fancy, etcetera.
  • Reverbe
    Do you have a recipe?
    Originally posted by *Maya*
    ermm my point which you seemed to have missed was you take a doughnut recipe and shape them differently??? Are you seeking my posts down just to criticise now Maya? I look forward to you having a go at Boots for sending me items..:confused::confused:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

621Posts Today

3,767Users online

Martin's Twitter