Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RolandsB90
    • By RolandsB90 16th Dec 15, 3:08 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 11Thanks
    RolandsB90
    175k To Invest
    • 16th Dec 15, 3:08 PM
    175k To Invest 16th Dec 15 at 3:08 PM
    Hi, me and my brother (both 25) have recently inherited some money. Our house is paid off and we are left with around 175k cash with no outstanding debts. I have had a little look round the forum and understand it's advised to get the money in the best interest bank accounts first which we will do as soon as possible.

Our initial thought was to invest a lot of it into property to rent out as we have a friend who owns a few places and recommended it to us. However i've noticed there's not too much talk of it on here. With property we've either got the options to buy a couple of places outright or several buy to let mortgages.

We're both self employed and don't earn a lot so how useful would getting some money into pensions be? Perhaps putting it into stocks and shares would be a good idea but i'm unsure whether it would be better to use a finanical adviser or something instead of doing it myself? Also comparitively what sort of return could you expect on this compared to letting out property?

Any ideas would be welcomed and i'm just here to seek some advice from people who know better. Overall it's a long term plan and we don't need a lot to live off right now so not accessing money wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Thanks a lot
Page 4
    • Linski
    • By Linski 12th Jul 17, 2:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Linski
    Rhodri Foote TITAN Funding
    BEWARE - Please everyone be aware ANY dealings with Rhodri Foote and you will lose your Money. He together with his father John Foote, Daniel Foote & Richard Pothecary trading as Overseas Property Investments scammed 5 investors out of £1 Million for a Development in Cyprus. I have to hand it to them all the supporting documentation looked valid and was supported by a RICS Report by Savilles. It would appear they paid a deposit to the Developers for the plots took the investors money upfront with a contract written under English Law to buy back at a profit on completion. They then cancelled their original contract with the Cypriot Developers so when the time came for the Investors to reclaim their original investment + mark up (remember all written under English Law) OPI reneged and didn't pay one penny back. Subsequently we took them to Court but having a very clever vile solicitor, who really was complicit they went into Liquidation. They had such a complicated paper trail that funds were cleverly hidden and the Liquidators costs after a few years used any funds available. The Police were involved but then again the time restraint was just too much so basically they all got away with the fraud. Their other Company Property in Britain also scammed investors it is well documentated for these 2 companies there was an expose on TV with John Foote and another expose in The Mail on their nefarious solicitor. Any questions please feel free to ask, if I can I will plague them to their graves - Vile people and with this link obviously Foote is still at it sometimes even using a different name. BEWARE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,865Posts Today

6,437Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin