Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 26th Nov 15, 10:31 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 26th Nov 15, 10:31 AM
    Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback 26th Nov 15 at 10:31 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Avro Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:18 PM.
Page 6
    • Shaz2403
    • By Shaz2403 8th Sep 17, 2:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Shaz2403
    Excellent
    Excellent customer service, I emailed to ask if on their lowest Tariff, they replied within 24 hours to advise I wasn't and explained lowest Tariff. I replied to take up lower price option and they moved me over, no fuss, no hassle. Have since had email advising of lower DD.

I have since done comparison on energy club and I'm on lowest Tariff in compar to all companies, highly recommend
    • BernardM
    • By BernardM 9th Sep 17, 7:11 AM
    • 363 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    BernardM
    My experience for this last year with Avro tarrif.

They promised a monthly bill on their site, they sent a bi monthly to start all with estimated figures.

Always ask provider to not calculate it as estimated, Avro are asking you for readings with a reminder email so why send estimated bill.

Provided those meter readings month by month online they gave estimated incorrect bills to start.
    Mostly showing N rather than C and E.
    An estimated Bi monthly bill in November then a monthly bill January and February (all estimated and wrongly calculated).

5 months later in July bill follow on month bill August finally show all my given readings. They owe me a lot of credit now as a result of their miscalculated bills. I guess its best you tell them a very low use before you join any new provider so if they give an estimate from this low and you are using more its them thats out of pocket until they fulfill actual readings.

They are the current cheapest tarrif on CheapEnergyClub

MSE Customer Service Rating: 75% Great, 20% Okay, 5% Poor (71 votes)
    Company info: Avro Energy is a small independent supplier, based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The firm launched in December 2015, and currently offers one tariff to new customers.
    Further info: Avro Energy takes direct debits in advance, so your first payment will be taken 21 days after applying to switch.
    Last edited by BernardM; 09-09-2017 at 7:23 AM.
    • ScoobyZ
    • By ScoobyZ 9th Sep 17, 8:35 AM
    • 368 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    ScoobyZ
    I moved in may 17, just checked Avro now coming out £40 a year cheaper so I have emailed them to go on new Tariff, hopefully this won't be a problem, next cheapest is £39 a year cheaper.
    • ScoobyZ
    • By ScoobyZ 11th Sep 17, 3:27 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    ScoobyZ
    Just got an email back with reduced rate.

Internal switch going ahead!

Pretty Easy, nice one Avro!
    • t0rt0ise
    • By t0rt0ise 11th Sep 17, 8:00 PM
    • 2,926 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    t0rt0ise
    I moved away from Avro for electricity on 11 August. They took a direct debit on that date which I thought was okay as they wouldn't be able to stop it that quick. However they've taken another one today. They have already told me that they had my final reading a week ago and are making a final bill yet still they take another direct debit. I was already in credit with them. I have asked my bank to give it back to me.
    • peterx
    • By peterx 12th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    peterx
    Switched to Avro this morning on their Simple and supreme tariff.Fingers crossed.
    • vincit veritas
    • By vincit veritas 12th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    vincit veritas
    continue to be happy with Avro
    I switched to Avro in April 2016, and have been very happy with both value and service. I keep an eye on their tariffs, and if they introduce a cheaper one I call them on their 0800 number to switch, and they confirm by email. Today I have switched to their latest "Simple and Supreme" tariff: this free phone call has saved me £55pa.
    • P-Nuts
    • By P-Nuts 12th Sep 17, 11:32 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    P-Nuts
    After a year with no issues, Avro Energy have objected from my switch away from them (the MSE Energy Club tool says they're no longer the cheapest for me). I've supplied them with regular meter readings, but as they haven't raised my monthly direct debit, I currently owe them about £300 (was last winter colder than usual?) Every direct debit they've tried to take has gone through fine, so why are they now making things difficult? Just bill me for the balance and move on!

Edit: I paid off the balance over the phone with debit card, but they've objected again to me switching away. No idea what the reason is this time.
    Last edited by P-Nuts; 24-09-2017 at 2:55 PM.
    • The Big Bamboo
    • By The Big Bamboo 16th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    The Big Bamboo
    I made the decision (on Sunday) to switch from B.Gas to Avro;…I used uswitch.com rather than the MSE site. I’ve had my Welcome Pack etc from Avro Energy and all appears well.

The tariff I chose was Avro Energy ‘Simple and Supreme’;…but it’s already been superseded by a tariff called ‘Simple and Connected’;…almost identical charges but slightly more expensive for electricity and a bit less for gas. The standing charges are exactly the same for both tariffs.

The minnow suppliers are apparently(?) vying for position on the comparison site leader boards by making small but significant changes to their tariffs; …no doubt we’ll soon see Avro’s ‘Simple and Stupendous’ tariff, quickly followed by their market leading ‘Simple and Superb’ tariff. et al !

I’ve been with Scottish Power and latterly B.Gas for donkeys years. Do the smaller companies make a habit of this tariff ‘musical chairs’?

…’Simple’ it ain’t.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 16th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    nic_c
    I made the decision (on Sunday) to switch from B.Gas to Avro;…I used uswitch.com rather than the MSE site. I’ve had my Welcome Pack etc from Avro Energy and all appears well.

The tariff I chose was Avro Energy ‘Simple and Supreme’;…but it’s already been superseded by a tariff called ‘Simple and Connected’;…almost identical charges but slightly more expensive for electricity and a bit less for gas. The standing charges are exactly the same for both tariffs.
    Originally posted by The Big Bamboo
    USwitch, MSE, and Avroenergy websites all show the same tariff, the "Simple and Connected" but the prices on Uswitch are different to the other two, making it more expensive to go through (which I was for the TCB/Quidco bonus) than direct for the same tariff
    • The Big Bamboo
    • By The Big Bamboo 18th Sep 17, 3:16 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    The Big Bamboo
    According to uswitch.com ‘Avro Energy’ have no tariffs available anymore,…not when I put my details in anyway;…have they been swamped with new customers?
    • cranford
    • By cranford 18th Sep 17, 7:30 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    cranford
    At 19.26 today I can see the Avro Simple and Superior tariff.
    Did you tick the "Include plans that require switching directly through the supplier" box on Uswitch?
    Avro seem to be closing and opening new tariffs often at the moment so If this is the tariff you want it looks like you need to move fast.
    • FizzledOut
    • By FizzledOut 20th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    FizzledOut
    Avro - pretty happy!
    I swapped this time last year from E:ON to Avro. I've been very happy with them, it's been a really good rate (the simple & select). I've emailed them asking for a rate going forward, they've suggested the simple & superior tariff.

However, one point - I'm £137.99 in credit; I know I used to be able to claim sums from British Gas and E:ON without difficulty, but can't see that I can from the Avro website. I want me £'s please
    • dnpark38
    • By dnpark38 20th Sep 17, 3:09 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    dnpark38
    That's why I left Avro and went to E-on because of large credits with Avro, took me 3 requests to get it back.
    Been with E-0n now and 2 months and my final account as not come from Avro yet, fortunately they did stop taking DD payments.
    • griffb
    • By griffb 20th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    griffb
    I switched to Avro (Simple & Select tariff) from E.On in November 2016. First switch I can remember to go through without a hitch. Website won't win any awards for design, but it takes readings and produces bills - can't really ask for more!
    Coming to the end of the fixed term in about 8 weeks. None of the comparison sites bring up Avro as a contender, yet a back of an envelope calculation suggests that currently their Simple & Superior is by some way better than the opposition (apart from Iresa, and I certainly ain't going there). I await Avro's offer.....
    • Bobblehat
    • By Bobblehat 27th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Bobblehat
    Took the plunge today and initiated switch to Avro from BG Collective fix ending Oct. Cheaper than the new CEC EDF collective fix by £7pm and about the same as EDF were offering before the collective switch was announced. I wanted a "Fixed" tariff with no exit fee and reasonable feedback ... so AVRO is the one I went with.

Within minutes of going online to the Avro site, I'd initiated the switch, got an email with my customer number on and an invite to create an online account, and got the welcome pack via another email a few minutes later. I decided to ring up customer service to clear up a couple of questions and was impressed with the phone service. All good so far, so good signs for the switch process.

As reported elsewhere, Avro do take the 1st DD early, in my case the 18th Oct, and the switch date is 27th Oct, I'm OK with this. One other thing to note if you did rely on BG taking 2 DD's from an account to gain bonuses from that account (e.g. Santander 123, others are available), AVRO take just one DD for both Gas and Elec, so make sure you've got enough DD's to qualify for your bonus.
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 27th Sep 17, 8:12 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    I've moved from Avro to Ovo Energy's two year fixed rate deal.

Quote was pennies dearer than Avro, however, cashback incentives countered that.

Cancelled Avro DD as already over a month's DD in credit. Should still be a few pence left over after final bill.

Had my issues with Avro during my year with them, however, would not prevent me from returning in 2019 if deals favourable.
    • Anne M.
    • By Anne M. 28th Sep 17, 12:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Anne M.
    I joined Avro in February last year and was surprised when the first direct debit was taken before the account was switched, however when I phoned to query this, the customer service advisor offered to amend the date of the second payment to take it into line with when the direct debit would have been due had I stayed with my previous supplier, I have just moved to another Avro tariff which is cheaper. A couple of minutes on the phone and a speedy email confirmation. On both occasions, the customer service advisor was polite, friendly and helpful. No problems so far.
    • Bobblehat
    • By Bobblehat 28th Sep 17, 3:22 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Bobblehat
    A little bit more info for anyone thinking of switching to AVRO, which I am in the process of (see #116)

They do not operate the Warm Home Discount Scheme.

Also, I asked if the new tariff I was going on was the cheapest that they could offer me. The reply I got was " We only do one tariff at a time. If we change the tariff and it's cheaper, you can transfer to it."

(Do they only do one tariff at a time? I'm sure I've seem more than one entry for AVRO on comparison websites.)

I asked if they inform customers when a new tariff is available, but the answer was "No! But it is put on our website, if you would like to check occasionally! Also, you can see it on comparison Websites."

Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by Bobblehat; 28-09-2017 at 3:30 PM.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 30th Sep 17, 2:57 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 15,024 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Well, my switch to Avro is going ok so far.

They've taken the 1st direct debit payment ahead of taking over my supply, and it's correct, so I'm waiting now for the email requesting my switchover meter readings.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,585Posts Today

7,581Users online

Martin's Twitter