Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 26th Nov 15, 10:31 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 26th Nov 15, 10:31 AM
    Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback 26th Nov 15 at 10:31 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Avro Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:18 PM.
Page 11
    • badger09
    • By badger09 4th Dec 17, 4:05 PM
    • 5,588 Posts
    • 4,897 Thanks
    badger09
    You seem to be happy with Avro's service since joining them in Feb 17, so I thought I would run my problem on switching past you for your thoughts.

I only looked at Club Energy's website after I had agreed a 12 m fix with SOE, my current supplier, because their Standing Charge is enormous. (Avro's SC is a lot cheaper and so are their unit charges for gas and elec.) I fixed with SOE on 30 November 17 so I am still within the 14 days cooling-off.

What I would like to ask is whether I should send my details by email to Avro or phone them to ask whether they can switch me in time, which is limited as my contract with SOE ends on 4 Jan 2018.
    Originally posted by sevenonine
    Hope you don't mind me answering as I've only very recently switched to Avro, but I think they usually fix your switch date about 30 days from your application so you would be cutting it really fine, especially given the holiday period.

I would phone rather than email, as they took a couple of days for first reply to my email query but were quicker on my follow up question.
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
    • sevenonine
    • By sevenonine 4th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    sevenonine
    Thanks very much for your response badger09, helping me to decide the approach to take. I read all the notes on their website where they say it takes 21 days - of course the holiday period will certainly affect my application. I did however send them an email today, giving them my position with SOE and asking whether:

1. they can make the switch given the limited time available - by 5 January 18; and
    2. I should make the switch first and they will take care of the rest.

Perhaps with the rush of people all switching, they might miss my email so perhaps you're right. I'll talk to them.

Many thanks for your advice. I guess it's too late today ....
    Last edited by sevenonine; 04-12-2017 at 6:28 PM.
    • Oscargrouch
    • By Oscargrouch 5th Dec 17, 11:37 AM
    • 2,824 Posts
    • 13,405 Thanks
    Oscargrouch
    I have been with Avro for around 16 months now.. Always found them very good and very helpful. I like the way they offered me a great deal to stay when my contract was coming to an end. Pay by DD (more than double what I need to due to my choice) get cash back from them within days of asking; get cashback from the bank account the DD goes from. Nice Xmas boost will arrive in the next 3 days, just like a savings club...Happy Days..well done Avro; Five Stars from me!....
    Last edited by Oscargrouch; 05-12-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. Northants. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters".

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
    • Oscargrouch
    • By Oscargrouch 5th Dec 17, 12:01 PM
    • 2,824 Posts
    • 13,405 Thanks
    Oscargrouch
    This is the 1-star review I just submitted to Trustpilot's site:
    I think I've just had something of a lucky escape with Avro; I chose them from Money Saving Expert's Cheap Energy Club because of a slew of "positive" feedback and was told the switch would be completed mid-November.
    I'm currently with Sainsbury's Energy and, since their customer service has been excellent, I may well sign up for another year with them, even if I pay an extra £5 or so a month...
    /Alex
    Originally posted by alexgreyhead
    So you like British Gas then? Sainsbury's & British Gas "Sainsbury's Energy is a partnership between Sainsbury's, one of the biggest supermarkets in the UK, and British Gas who are the biggest energy supplier in the United Kingdom with the aim of providing sustainable energy solutions to homes across Britain"....
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. Northants. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters".

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
    • Jean Taylor
    • By Jean Taylor 8th Dec 17, 1:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jean Taylor
    AVRO Energy
    Been with them 12 months happily paying my monthly fee thinking that i was covered...NOOOOO just checked my account and they have estimated my usage way above what i had actually used (despite meter readings) they had assumed that my 3 bed house was a family and not just me, they have just informed me that i now owe them £900 for electricity that i had not used!! On phoning them they admitted something had gone wrong and recalculated that i now owe £373.. There mistake i had put my yearly usage in from my previous company's bill and nothing has changed over the year but according to Avro I should have been paying more than they first quoted me !! sucked me in with a low monthly payment and now have to pay the extra!! they also inform me that I cannot change supplier until debt is payed now paying twice the amount first quoted a year ago to pay off debt. I will be moving from them as quick as possible... I should have stayed with my previous company would have payed more a month but at least they knew what they were doing and i would not now be in debt!!!! My advice stay clear!!!
    • cranford
    • By cranford 8th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    cranford
    I have no problems after 18 months but then I would not wait a year until checking my account. Things can go wrong with any company as this forum shows. The onus is very much on the consumer to check that they are paying enough each month and when switching if the amount of the DD is lower than you were paying before then you need to check that the correct usage has been estimated. In Avro's case this can be found on the monthly bills.
    • Coastalwatch
    • By Coastalwatch 13th Dec 17, 11:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch switch to Avro.
    I signed up with Avro on Sunday 19th November for their 12 month fixed tariff, Simple and Super. Received a welcome pack that day and asking that I check/confirm both gas and electricity meter point numbers, which I did on the 21st. Received an acknowledgement and thanks two days later on the 23rd. Received an email from the existing supplier on 24th Nov saying they were sorry to see us go etc. Avro have given us notice that they will commence supplying our energy on 20th December understanding that our first DD will be on 10th. So all proceeding as expected to date. Will update again once switch is complete.
    Originally posted by Coastalwatch
    Interim update - DD of the correct amount taken on 10th Dec as had been advised by Avro so all proceding satisfactorily.
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 14th Dec 17, 7:27 PM
    • 4,125 Posts
    • 2,258 Thanks
    Lorian
    For me things are not going so smoothly.

At the time of switch they didn't ask for meter readings. I submitted them anyway. They got ignored, and not passed on to previous supplier.

Time of first bill just passed and no bill produced.

I'll give it a few days - I want to see the first bill before I contact them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

1,561Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin