Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Megano
    • By Megano 22nd Nov 15, 10:28 PM
    • 223Posts
    • 958Thanks
    Megano
    Time to grow up.
    • 22nd Nov 15, 10:28 PM
    Time to grow up. 22nd Nov 15 at 10:28 PM
    So after stalking, I mean reading most of the diaries on the forum. I thought it was time I took the plunge and stood up and said 'Hi my name is XXX and I have debt.'
    I could say my debt started when my dad passed away suddenly but personally I think it was a case of 'oh I want that. Let's pop it in the debit card and increase the overdraft limit.'
    I guess my LBM was last week when I was running late for a hospital appointment, had no money in the bank to get a cab (the bus I needed was once every hour' so I had to phone the bank of mum and beg (this was 3 days I borrowed money of the bank of mum for a friends wedding.)
    I'm turning 30 in a 6 short weeks so I've decided it's time to become an adult and get a grip.
    So here's my figures.
    2400 to TSB courtesy of an overdraft (currently only paying interest)
    800 to capital one and 500 to HMRC (took them 5 years to tell me I had been overpaid in tax credits.)
    I've followed all the advice on the site and according to whatsthecost.com I'll be debt free in 7 months (capital one and OD only) as with cutting back I SHOULD be able to pay £500 a month starting Januray (Great time to become an adult when Christmas is around the corner!)
    Just a little background.
    I live with the boy and the doctor in a two bedroom flat. No kids apart from O (who's my little fluffy princess)
    I have two jobs a full time one (finding out if I got made permanent on the 5th of December) and a part time one.
    SOA to follow. It's a little complex as the boy also has his own debt he's dealing with so we literally 3rd everything.

I've had a look at the other pages and signed up for all the free lotterys (it breaks my heart on a daily basis when I don't win) volunteering for overtime (8.15 hours in the space of two days) and selling stuff on facebay and gumtree (I know eBay is great but I've never learnt how to use it!)

So I guess that's me! Looking forward for my debts to go down and my savings to go up! Who knows maybe this adult thing won't be so bad
Page 15
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 27th Jan 17, 7:20 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    As always Megano you have so much going on. I hope you get the befriender job. It is really hard waiting to know how things will turn out isn't it. I personally think a couple of days and then a follow up email is absolutely fine. Why not? And I have employed people myself so I shall take the opposing views to your friend. Nothing wrong with keenness.

It is sad about the BIL/family situation. Can only hope it does get better.

And congratulations on your debt reduction too, that's great

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe"

Debt neutral 27/03/17 from £40k in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
    • Megano
    • By Megano 31st Jan 17, 9:19 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    Wait....what?
    Since the beginning of jan - W3 (bookies) has told me he need cover at another store in the city centre (not a big deal but the normal rules apply after 10.30pm or before 7.30am)
    Finally agreed to do it 2 weeks ago and then I come down with the chest infection which knocked me off my feet so after going backwards and forwards I tell my boss I'm able to start again on Sunday and could I meet up with him on Saturday so i can get my keys back (as he was covering my store) and he can show me around and tell me what needs to be done in the new one.
    I get a text saying he can't but the keys will be waiting for me in the new store. Awesome.
    Go into the store and Im like "Hi!"Hi""Hi - Im your new cleaner. Im here to pick up the keys for x and y" the manager is like we only have the keys to y you'll need to phone your boss.
    My boss does not do phone calls everything is text only - so I text him "the keys haven't been left for x" he's like yeah i think it might be too much you doing both stores (now remember folks it was him that asked if I could!" so I sent a reply "oh have you found someone to do that store" he repays back no - I still needing cover.
    At this point I'm thinking what the hell is going on? so i reply back saying I'm better now so if your still needing someone I'm more than happy to help and his last text was I'll think about it.........
    I know Im in debt. I know Ive made a target which I'm on track with but my god I'd love to tell him where to shove his job right now.
    Anyway......
    The boss from the doctors texted me saying he has 8 hours available in knightswood and would I be interested - I want to say yes but with public transport it will take at least 30 minutes to get there and thats before Ive even started doing any of the work. Apparently its only a 10 minute journey by car but I can't expect OH to keep running me around places after all he's not my taxi service.
    I also recieved a reply from the old office boss (the 5am until 7am cleaning job) offering me my job back if I want it - but honestly Im not sure that I do.
    I still haven't heard from the pub I applied to - I called her on Saturday with the lame excuse of my phone has been playing up she said she had a couple more interviews to do and she would be back in touch with me the beginning of this week.
    The paper application for the befriends role came through via the post - it has to be handwritten only. No CVs or covering letters. My handwriting looks as if a baby ant just found itself covered in ink so Ive already asked OH nicely if he can fill it out for me
    Virgin Money £0/£1,713.90
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 31st Jan 17, 11:22 AM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    How annoying indeed! People shouldn't mess about with others work hours and jobs like that!

• Megano
    • By Megano 1st Feb 17, 10:04 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    How annoying indeed! People shouldn't mess about with others work hours and jobs like that!
    Originally posted by Bobarella
    Tell me about it! Im completely in two minds part of me is thinking I should text him and be like "okay whats going on" but then the other part of my brain is like "you know what. Its fine just leave it alone"
    Its the same with the office cleaning job. part of me is like lets go for it and the other part of me is thinking I like my bed too much.

We are so far behind at W1 the team I work in the delays team so my job is to phone open reach to find out the status of a BB order and then to inform customers. There is only 5 of us and the scheduling team have agreed to give 3 folk a weeks holiday bad because Im currently playing catch up but good because the overtime available is unlimited (for the time being)
    So far this week Ive done 8 hours my plan is to do 10 hours extra a week.

Still not heard anything from the bar job - I think deep down I know i haven't got it but surely a phone call to say thanks but no thanks wouldn't be too much to ask for?

I think this month its going to be a little tight so I might need to curb my debt paying (and my taxi and juice fund) since i had the week off from W2 and W3 because of the chest infection.
    I need to keep reminding myself that this debt free target I've set myself isn't a sprint and I don't need to chuck every spare penny towards it - slow and steady and it will be gone before I know it.

Oh! 1 thing i forgot to tell everyone but the MBNA card is GONE! Cleared! Goodbye! Addios! See ya!
    Last edited by Megano; 01-02-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Megano
    • By Megano 15th Feb 17, 5:14 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    So I guess I need to address the elephant in the room and get this off my chest.
    Turns out the "incident" with my mum doesnt appear to be a single occurance because 8 weeks later. Im in the exact same boat, feeling the exact same sh*tty way I did before then.
    The only difference was instead of it being all done over the phone, this time I got the live action event! Which featured all the classics inculding "Im going to phone social services""Im going to call the police""I dont want you in my life anymore!""You must be sleeping with your stepdad!" and my personal favourite "Im a lazy, fat, see you next Tuesday" *I always thought having 3 jobs would mean Im the opposite of lazy )- the only problem is because I still have some sence of decency I couldnt throw her out of my house to get a hotel (her and my stepdad are visiting as he has a hopsital appointment) so to say things are a little awkward at Megano's would be the understatement of the century!.
    You know what they say - insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I guess Ive been on this train journey for 31 years. If shes not going to change then I guess Im going to have to.
    Shes doing her usual "if I sit here quietly - then it will blow over" but that fact that this is a repeat performance I know how the show ends.

Anyway...f*^k her.
    So as I thought I never got the bartenders job but I did get some amazing feedback and the women says if anything else pops up then I'll be the first person she calls and Im just in the middle of completing the befriendeer job.
    Sorry its not a better update but yeah - things are a little up in the air at the moment.
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 15th Feb 17, 5:36 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Firstly, I think you have amazing restraint not to ask your Mum to leave in light of that situation. Honestly she sounds like she has severe mental problems that need addressing for her sake and for there to be any hope of a future relationship between you. So sorry, it must make you feel just horrible.

Well done on your MBNA card win. That's good news.

• Megano
    • By Megano 18th Feb 17, 7:44 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    All I've done is talk about the situation with my mum since she left on Thursday and Ive been mentally drained since then, and don't even get me started on the tears I just end up crying at random points of the day.
    All Ive seem to have done is discuss it with every Tom, !!!! and Harry and when there is no one else to talk about it with I keep looking at my phone waiting on an update.
    I guess while she was here it was much easier because I had the hope she was going to try and make the situation better (like any parent should) but now she's gone it just feels like a massive void. I keep expecting her to call which is frustrating because I know if she calls it will be too soon but the longer she doesn't call it makes me question if she cares at all. Talk about a rock and a hard place.
    The way I'm seeing it is like a wound its been a couple of days so its going to be sore and hurtful but as the days pass it will be easier.
    Turns out there has been major drama at W3 (bookies) our area manager resigned with immediate effect on Saturday (but didnt tell the office until Monday) and 5 cleaners walked out which means they are gagging for cover so guess who now has 2 shops instead of 1? thats right baby me!
    I had to pick up the keys from the cover cleaner last night. I agreed to help him do the Union Street shop as well (the one I was suppose to get all that time ago) as well as the shop I was getting the keys for - amazingly with 2 of us it still took 2 hours to do both stores (mostly because the guy was !!!!ing around letting me do all the work while he looked busy) and then I said so will you help me with my store and the guy said no! Didnt get in until 00.45 this morning and I had to pay a taxi to get home!! (OH doesn't want me walking home when its late at night) Raging doesn't come close to how I was feeling.
    Now don't make any mistake OH is not happy with me taking on another store (truth be told he's not happy about me working 1 store) but since the bank of mum done her usual and keep most of my Florida fund its back to being £1000 (thankfully thats in my bank account and i won't make the same mistake of asking her to keep a hold of the money again!) that needs building up again.
    Its going to be a really busy year. Not only do we have Florida but OH and i have been invited to a wedding in Germany (OH's workmate) and my bestie has managed to get tickets to see Lady Gaga in London and Arcade Fire in Manchester later on in the year!
    After speaking to countless people at work on how to submit the application for the Befriender job it is officially in the hands of the gods. Its been submitted so all I need to do is sit back and see if I've been successful for an interview.
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 18th Feb 17, 8:19 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Have you decided what you will say to your Mum of she does call?

• Megano
    • By Megano 22nd Feb 17, 4:45 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    After 3 days of getting up at 5.30am going from 1 store to another followed by heading to W1. I had to admit I'm not superwomen and I was struggling and had to hand the keys back to the cover cleaner.
    It's really frustrating because I've already had mentally spent the money putting cash towards the Florida fund, my debts and the Lady Gaga concert but deep down I know its for the best.
    We also recieved a letter saying our council tax is going to go up by about £15 a month - its not an earth shattering amount but OH and I are going to have to discuss if its something we can afford or if we should rent out the spare room or even move all together.
    The befriender closing date has passed and now Im just waiting to see if I've been shortlisted for an interview. Patience has never been a virtue I posses and Im trying with every fibre of my being not to call and ask if they have made a decision yet
    Mum called me up saying she is sorry for the mess she caused when she visited last week. Im not one to hold grudges but I've explained that this is last chance saloon. Im not there to be her verbal punching bag when she's angry and if she wants a relationship with me then she needs to understand that things need to change.
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 22nd Feb 17, 8:33 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Don't blame you for jacking one of the jobs in. That did sound a crazy workload.

I'm glad you got an apology even if it took ages.

• Megano
    • By Megano 2nd Mar 17, 9:57 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    What a crazy couple of days its been. Tuesday would have been my dad's birthday and its strange Im feeling pretty guilty about not being more upset but he did pass away 5 years ago. I was having a conversation about him with someone at work and I couldn't for the life of me know what letter he use to miss pronounce and I got really upset. I know deep down that I will never forget him but Im just worried I won't remember him which is a scary thought.
    Yesterday i plucked up the courage and phoned the befriender place and I never even made it to the interview stage which is pretty gutting. I KNOW I would be perfect for the role and I managed to get an interview with the practically same application just a couple of months earlier so Im a little confused and pretty upset.
    In other news WE HAVE OUR FLORIDA FUND
    Im so excited and its such a weight of my mind - basically I recommended someone to W1 and as a little Brucie Bonus you get £500.
    On Saturday I have a telephone interview for a bar tender job (which is - the crazy think is its my old W1 teammate that will most likely be conducting it so he sent me a little Facebook message giving me some pointers. So fingers crossed.
    OH is away to London next week for work (all expenses paid for) and I'm thinking of taking some time off from W3 - I know its not a hard job but its just the fact its every single day!
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Megano
    • By Megano 3rd Mar 17, 8:16 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    Don't think thats right
    For 17 hours work from W3. I got paid a total of £14.70 - clearly something went wrong somewhere.
    Ive texted both my bosses and no reply as of yet. Question is do I still continue to go into W3 (the bookies) everyday or do I take a stand and don't go in until its fixed?
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 3rd Mar 17, 11:17 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    That's great about the Florida fund!

• Megano
    • By Megano 16th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    Well Ive done it again! In typical me fashion Ive taken my two steps forward in terms of paying my debts realised I didnt like the view so took 10 steps back. Turns out my original figures weren't quite right after I did a couple of balance transfers . If I don't get debt free this year it will defo be next but then again most of my debts are 0% interest so there is no rush! Slow and steady wins the race. (then again we all know patience isn't a strong point of mine)
    I applied for my local weatherspoons and despite having no experience they asked me in for a trial shift! When I arrived there because I don't have my personal licence I wasn't allowed behind the bar so I was floor staff. I'm running around clearing dishes, wiping tables asking how there meal is and I felt really confident until I phoned up today and was told I was told i was unsuccessful (apparently there was two Meganos in on Sunday for a trial shift and I was the one who didnt get it ) Now I know this is going to sound petty but 1st there was the befriender place, then the local pub and now weatherspoons? Seems like Im getting turned down for jobs left right and centre and what makes it worst was I spent £50 odd pounds getting new clothes for my trial (thankfully they can get taken back but I maybe given a store credit) - I also applied to work at the SECC as kiosk staff which I was accepted for! Training is meant to be this Saturday but Ive been scheduled to W1 and no one is willing to shift swap with me which is so frustrating as I ALWAYS agree to shift swap with other folk all the time and as soon as I need a swap all of a sudden no one is available? (don't even get me started on my work team - they are literally just copying and pasting notes from an engineer system *which makes no sence unless you have access to it - which the customer facing team dont* into the customers accounts - so when the customer calls about there broadband delay the notes might as well be written in ancient greek!*
    I don't even feel like I'm banging my head off a brick wall any more I feel so trapped that regardless of what I move its hitting off the wall so to speak.
    And breath...........
    The ACTUAL bookies I clean is looking for part time staff, so I've thrown my hat in the ring and submitted an application form.

Right now it feels like Im running in quicksand but its all good.
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 16th Mar 17, 10:47 PM
    • 10,450 Posts
    • 69,680 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Awwww sorry you didn't get wetherspoons. I didn't know you needed a personal license just to pull a pint these days! But still.

Don't take it personally. You know what they say, throw enough mud and some will stick. Keep applying, the law of averages says you are going to be successful eventually.

• Florence J
    • By Florence J 18th Mar 17, 8:01 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 10,287 Thanks
    Florence J
    Take care Megano, I know it might not seem like it now, but it may have been a blessing not working at 'Spoons. I 'briefly' worked there (briefly is a generous term for how long I worked there for) and hated every single second of it. You'll know what to do.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 11 #553
    £1000 Emergency Fund Challenge #253
    Wombling free 2017 = £2129.92
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2017 #53 (£3133.08/£3000)
    November 2017 Credit Card Debt: £3980
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 27th Mar 17, 12:15 PM
    • 7,221 Posts
    • 10,146 Thanks
    KxMx
    On this forum a user can only delete their own posts.

They cannot delete posts on their thread from other users.

Only the forum team can do that, and the request may not have even come from the OP. Anyone can report a post.
    • Megano
    • By Megano 27th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    I can not believe you deleted my reply. If you don't like it, then fair enough. Tell me I'm wrong, etc - don't just pretend like I never posted.

You have a tendency to ignore people who tend to point out things you don't like. I wasn't doing it to be nasty. I was genuinely pointing out and making you aware that you tend to ignore kind and helpful replies left by the people on this diary. I also wanted to say that it's about quality and not quantity. So running around crazily, applying for every job that grabs your attention is a pretty silly thing to do. You are only exhausting yourself in the process - becoming upset when you don't get the jobs and then because of that, applying for more. You're going around in circles. Concentrate on your main job and maybe get a weekend one. Earning a couple of pounds for early mornings for job X and then another tenner for random afternoons at job Y isn't earning you much. I know every little bit helps but this is ridiculous.

It may do you the world of good and actually try reading and replying to the comments people are actually taking the time and effort to leave you - it's common courtesy.

Your diary is called 'time to grow up'. So why don't you do that?
    Originally posted by synth
    Im honestly not even sure how to respond to this comment.
    I didnt delete your post the last time I logged into MSE was on the 16th to update my diary that I never got the weatherspoons job also there has been MANY times where people disagree with me and my approach to becoming debt free (including OH, friends, even myself at some points ). I can honestly say I take everyones feedback on board and if its right for me and OH then I'll use it if not then I'll say thanks but no thanks (just ask Willowpop or Boberella )

Your comment "why don't I grow up" is a little harsh I think - am i the most mature person on the planet? No. Do I have a lot to learn in terms of being financially responsible? most likely yes but where I was when I started this diary is night and day compared to where I am now (maybe not on a money sense but as a person)
    Yes Im spending money on going to concerts and random stuff but I didnt realise having debt meant I had to spend my life under a rock.

Im also not going to justify why I work more than 1 job. Has anyone thought I like the security or the different challenges each one of them brings? W2 is a 0 hour contract which I fit in around W1 hours, W3 is 1 hour a day (and yes its minimum wage but that allows me to pay £100 to the debt per month) and as for W1 I concentrate on that very much so (in fact I'm the top performer in my department for the 5th month running.)
    Whatever I choose to do is exactly that - my choice.
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
    • Florence J
    • By Florence J 3rd Apr 17, 12:49 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 10,287 Thanks
    Florence J
    Hi Megano,

I've been trying to think of what to say and ultimately it is your life and you can make whatever decisions about it that you like. So if you are happy with having multiple jobs that is your business.

I have read countless stories in the papers about people with more than one job, I think it was originally referred to as being a 'slashie' which sounds a bit dangerous in our modern times lots of people have multiple jobs because it helps them manage their time, money, career prospects in a way that works for them.

I speak from personal experience. At one point I had SIX Jobs (admittedly two probably didn't count to some people as they were unpaid/voluntary) and having 6 jobs was really the only option for me at the time to get the money I needed to survive. Working 6 jobs eventually led to me having the one full time job I have now, but I had to work that hard initially to get to this stage.

There was once a time where I had a part time job, and then my OH became unemployed. I immediately got another part time job and went to interview for a saturday position as I wanted all the possible income I could get. The man interviewing me was very confused and clearly thought I was crazy and didn't give me the job, but it wasn't his call to say what I could and couldn't do. Oh well, his loss.

The thing is I did all those jobs because I was trying to show to either myself or my OH that I was doing absolutely everything possible to get to where I wanted to be. Although it paid off working all those roles, I do think I was being a little bit hard on myself and could have let up on myself a little.

The things is, if you are happy with multiple jobs and working different roles then that is great, you know what to do, you know yourself better than anyone. You don't have to answer to anyone.

If however you feel you have to have every possible job under the sun otherwise you would feel that you aren't working hard enough at clearing your debt (this is how I felt) then please take it from all of us that you don't have to do that.

It is your life, It is your decisions.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 11 #553
    £1000 Emergency Fund Challenge #253
    Wombling free 2017 = £2129.92
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2017 #53 (£3133.08/£3000)
    November 2017 Credit Card Debt: £3980
    • Megano
    • By Megano 15th Apr 17, 6:51 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    Megano
    One step. Two step. Wait, what step are we on?
    Sorry for going MIA again! There has been so many changes so lets start at the beginning (nothing too drastic I promise)

- Cast your mind back to the befriender job I applied for and never even got the interview. Well I'm sitting in W1 and they invite me in for an interview and even better I got it!!! granted it only pays just above minimum wage but Im well chuffed as I feel I'll be making a real difference to folks daily lives (its calling old people, making sure they are okay and having a little chat with them)
    Only downside is I need to get a PVG disclosure which costs £60 (normally the employer would pay but for this job you need to get your own - pretty crap if you ask me)
    It brings up the age old question about W3 should I stay or should i go?
    PROs:
    - paid fortnightly £80.30 (which will go on the debt after we've came back from Florida)
    - its fairly easy job
    CONS
    -because of the times it can be done it would mean having to do it at nighttime (after 10pm)
    - OH doesn't feel happy about me walking to the bookies it would mean OH would also be inconvenienced.
    - its daily (like everyday! - 7 days a week, 365 days a year!)

Just seems I've had additional costs followed by more additional costs: I needed a new passport, got my provisional licence - I don't mean to sound ungrateful but Im looking forward to coming back from holiday and just pressing the restart button. It seems like everything is going on the holiday!
    (I've also discovered I have a massive fear of flying and the thought of being up in the air for 8 hours honestly makes my blood run cold)

- OH's car is well and truly f**ked. Apparently the clutch has gone and there is an oil leak in the gear box which will need a specialist (who won't be in work until Tuesday because of the bank holiday ) so we had to put the repairs onto the CC which has increased my debt total! *silver lining - its 0% until jan 18* and we are going to be carless for a week. Deep down I know I'm just being selfish but I really wish OH would have got a curtesy car or something

-OH has done a massive shuffle of his finance and thankfully due to a well timed email he's been able to refinance his loan which has reduced his outgoings by £200 a month! I keep telling him to do a DD clear out to see if he can make any other savings but as the famous saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
    Barclaycard £0/1,318.67
    Capital One £0/£434.93
    TSB £0/£2654
    BOM £0/£980
    Total £0/£7101.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,108Posts Today

6,869Users online

Martin's Twitter