Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 17th Nov 15, 4:02 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Places for People Energy
    • 17th Nov 15, 4:02 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Places for People Energy 17th Nov 15 at 4:02 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Places for People Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 5
    • John Astbury
    • By John Astbury 18th May 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John Astbury
    JohnA
    I have been with PFP for over a year and have found that the service has deteriorated - not answering the phone. I have had a dispute with them recently when they sought to increase my DDM by 30% which was not justified and eventually, after wasting a lot of time arguing, they agreed they my figures (and common sense) would prevail. My biggest issue however is that their Complaints process is not fit for purpose with repeated failure to answer simple questions and no reassurance that the same issues will not be repeated. After wasting hours on emails and phonecalls, entirely down to their incompetence they are dragged kicking and screaming to offer £10! It doesnt take long for these new folk to "go native" and drop into the same mire as the Big Six as regards service.Very disappointing.
    • scgf
    • By scgf 18th May 17, 8:21 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    scgf
    I'm with PfP since November 2016. I'm happy so far but wouldn't think twice about paying the £30 and switching, should they get on the wrong side of me. Life's too short to need around sometimes.
    • Rachel Pierson
    • By Rachel Pierson 30th Jun 17, 7:00 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Rachel Pierson
    Undue increases in monthly Direct Debit
    OK, I've been a customer of PFP for six months now, so thought I'd provide an update.

For the first five months, it was pretty painless. However, their communication was not great. And recently there has been an annoying issue with my monthly Direct Debit being increased without good cause.

I've been in credit every single month of my time as a customer so far. At the current time, I'm more than a month ahead. Despite this, I received an email last month advising that my Direct Debit would go up by £8 without explanation of how they had come to that paradoxical conclusion.

I was pretty sure my estimated usage figures were sound, as I used my highest actual usage from the past three years as the basis of my estimate. And it seems as if my estimate was panning out, given that I am well in credit and six month have passed; including an even mix of Summer and Winter months. So why the increase?

I called PFP, and advised them I didn't want the Direct Debit to change. They agreed with my assessment that an increase was not warranted. I sent them an email recording our verbal understanding that the Direct Debit should not change. That email prompted an email back (11 days later - it's supposed to be 5 days max for them to respond to emails.) In contrast to what they'd said on the phone, their email response indicated that my account had been reviewed, and that if I wanted to challenge their decision I should phone, blah, blah. In other words, they completely disregarded the fact I had 1) already phoned, 2) had already challenged it, and 3) they had already verbally agreed they were wrong. This is not good customer service.

So, in summary, as some other customers have found, this company unfortunately does seem a bit disorganised. The left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing. And they're a bit too eager to increase Direct Debits without justification.
    • pineapple
    • By pineapple 6th Jul 17, 11:49 AM
    • 5,934 Posts
    • 27,869 Thanks
    pineapple
    Oh dear. I am overpaying via direct debits on my actual consumption by about 30%. They had better not increase mine - I'm hoping for a reduction and visited this thread to find out how to go about it!
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 6th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 1,747 Thanks
    MABLE
    I have been with PFP for about 5 months now and everything is going well.
    However they wrote to me to advise they are reducing my dd by £16.00 a month because of my usage. I asked them not to but they refused to leave at the original level. So I just pay the £16.00 by standing order. Also since joining them I give them a reading every day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

578Posts Today

5,889Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @theJeremyVine: Heart melted. I?m never going to complain about anything again. Thanku @henryfraser0 for pointing this out. https://t?

• Today's twitter poll: Its Lib Dem conference week & its said "exit from Brexit". If ur open minded to Lib Dems, does this help or hinder?

• RT @Yogi_1969: @MartinSLewis Used Resolver site to claim flight compensation, got £1580 back from Icelandair today. Thanks Martin ????

• Follow Martin