Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 69
  • jennyfowler
    when you have run the workbooth cd and then in the handbook you have to go to www.workbooth.info and click on calender and pick a date and then it should give you a password and a telephone number and mine doesnt seem to do that does yours let u ?
  • Oliver27
    when you have run the workbooth cd and then in the handbook you have to go to www.workbooth.info and click on calender and pick a date and then it should give you a password and a telephone number and mine doesnt seem to do that does yours let u ?
    Originally posted by jennyfowler
    This stopped working sometime ago, they will do this as part of your training
    now I believe
  • Oliver27
    Hi Oliver,

I am using an ethernet cable. I cant see a usb connection on my router.

What do you recommend I do? I am actually connected to the internet via the router, right now using just the ethernet cable that is connected to the router, So why is it preventing me to get a IP when im using the workbooth software?

I really appreciate everyones help.

Thanks
    Originally posted by kammyk
    There have been a few people in the same boat KammyK
    it may be that your network adaptor in your laptop is not
    compatible with the Workbooth CD

The solution for others has been to get a USB to Ethernet adaptor
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-USB-100-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B000062R4P/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=11996146 99&sr=8-1
    and use this instead of the built in Ethernet adaptor

The Belkin one above definitely works in Workbooth,
    there are some cheepo ones on Amazon too
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-ETHERNET-NETWORK-RJ45-ADAPTER/dp/B000S6DFZ8/ref=pd_sbs_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1199614699&sr=8-1
    cant confirm if they will work ok but worth a try at 99p
    maybe
    Last edited by Oliver27; 06-01-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    • dawnydee73
    • By dawnydee73 6th Jan 08, 12:33 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 4,539 Thanks
    dawnydee73
    When we did the training, they gots us to run the wookbooth cd within the first couple of days, then if anyone did have problems they had the tech people on hand to help. I wouldn't worry to much, its the 3rd week you will need to have the workbooth up and running, everyone in our training group manage and there were a few that had problems also with the workbooth cd
    • duchy
    • By duchy 6th Jan 08, 12:50 PM
    • 17,446 Posts
    • 43,969 Thanks
    duchy
    I'm having fun and games with this too. First I got the Non public non nat IP address message (I'm on Virgin) so had a look back though the original thread and found that I needed to put a router in line-now I've done that.......and I get the dchp -unable to obtain ip address message <sigh>
    Popping out to Maplins shortly to buy a USB to Ethernet adaptor
    Isn't this fun !!
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

Apparently having a "Quirky and Hipster" wedding
  • kammyk
    I'm having fun and games with this too. First I got the Non public non nat IP address message (I'm on Virgin) so had a look back though the original thread and found that I needed to put a router in line-now I've done that.......and I get the dchp -unable to obtain ip address message <sigh>
    Popping out to Maplins shortly to buy a USB to Ethernet adaptor
    Isn't this fun !!
    Originally posted by duchy
    Thanks guys, I was up all night untill about 3am!! trying to figure it out before I just gave up lol

Duchy, please could you let me know how you get on.
  • kammyk
    Has anyone brought a headset for the training? Just wondering if it would make things easier?
    Last edited by kammyk; 06-01-2008 at 1:21 PM.
    • duchy
    • By duchy 6th Jan 08, 1:23 PM
    • 17,446 Posts
    • 43,969 Thanks
    duchy
    Bah Maplins have sold out !!
    Double ARGGGH !
    Techy friend is suggesting an ethernet driver might solve the problem so about to go find one as no-where locally that is open today has the cable anyway.
    Last edited by duchy; 06-01-2008 at 2:23 PM.

• kammyk
    Hey,

Did you manage to solve the problem?
    • dawnydee73
    • By dawnydee73 6th Jan 08, 6:25 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 4,539 Thanks
    dawnydee73
    Stop panicking, they will go thro any issues with your workbooth CD in training
    • dawnydee73
    • By dawnydee73 6th Jan 08, 6:26 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 4,539 Thanks
    dawnydee73
    And good luck to all those who start they training tomorrow
    • duchy
    • By duchy 6th Jan 08, 6:28 PM
    • 17,446 Posts
    • 43,969 Thanks
    duchy
    Who's panicking ? Not me-I just don't allow any lump of technology get the better of me !!
    (Seems to be OK now-didn't bother downloading the driver in the end)

• Koy
    Has anyone brought a headset for the training? Just wondering if it would make things easier?
    Originally posted by kammyk
    I bought a new Plug in telephone with the speakerphone from argos for £7.99 but the microphone when you have it on speaker phone is pretty quiet...

I'm not sure where I am going to get my headset from?
  • Oliver27
    Dont worry about that you get a phone/headset from teletech
    once your in training
    • BlueyHSI
    • By BlueyHSI 6th Jan 08, 10:11 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    BlueyHSI
    well i get all that and the box to type test then i get asked to add username and password and then im told that it hasnt been posted ive been doing this all day
    Originally posted by jennyfowler
    I get this too, after I type 'test' I then get asked for my hirepoint ID and email address. I don't have a hirepoint ID yet and it isn't my username I registered with on the site to apply for the job?
    • duchy
    • By duchy 7th Jan 08, 9:06 AM
    • 17,446 Posts
    • 43,969 Thanks
    duchy
    I get this too, after I type 'test' I then get asked for my hirepoint ID and email address. I don't have a hirepoint ID yet and it isn't my username I registered with on the site to apply for the job?
    Originally posted by BlueyHSI
    That's as far as I get too-in the end I assumed that was as far as you are expected to get and the info gets given to you to go further in training.
    See y'all at 5-if anyone wants my MSN just PM

• rufus t
    Sounds interesting - but a few questions
    This sounds ok and something I'm interested in but I've got a few questions if you'd be so kind.

How flexible is it? I'd like to do 20 hours, but over 2 days. I have my son some evenings and the 7-11 would be great some nights, but not every night. Likewise weekends.

Is it also like a 'normal' job where you get so many days holiday a year; do you have to commit for a certain length contract, or can you work say for one month and then have a month off?

I am very interested, I just have an unusual schedule where I couldn't work the same times every week?

Thanks.
    Win £2008 in 2008 club member 536
  • kammyk
    This sounds ok and something I'm interested in but I've got a few questions if you'd be so kind.

How flexible is it? I'd like to do 20 hours, but over 2 days. I have my son some evenings and the 7-11 would be great some nights, but not every night. Likewise weekends.

Is it also like a 'normal' job where you get so many days holiday a year; do you have to commit for a certain length contract, or can you work say for one month and then have a month off?

I am very interested, I just have an unusual schedule where I couldn't work the same times every week?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by rufus t
    I think you would need to work the same hours/time each week, Otherwise they would need re-schedule the hours each week, to suit your needs. You are allowed to do 4 hour shifts each day, I think! So you would have to do at least 5 days.

Please check with someone who has worked for them a while to confirm, as I am just starting out.

Good Luck!
  • rufus t
    Thanks,

I'll let you know how I get on.
    Win £2008 in 2008 club member 536
  • kammyk
    some of the questions people are asking are hilarious!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

30Posts Today

3,391Users online

Martin's Twitter