Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anealk
    • By anealk 24th Aug 07, 8:33 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 19Thanks
    anealk
    0 WOW
    Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)
    • 24th Aug 07, 8:33 PM
    0 WOW
    Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY) 24th Aug 07 at 8:33 PM
    To all MSE

As many people are aware you are able to pick up great deals through lastminute.com and their 'secret hotels' scheme. However, there is currently no comprihensive list of "Top Secret Hotels REVEALED" - which is what this thread will aim to do!

Step 1: How to uncover top secret hotels

If you're not sure how top secret hotels work and how to uncover them see the Top Secret Hotels Revealed explanation in the main MSE hotels guide.

Now lets collate the London hotels

Please note this thread should only be for LONDON hotels only.

What we want on this thread is hotels which have been booked through lastminute.com as a 'secret hotel' and the CONFIRMED hotel name and address (Please acompany with hotel description).

TO CLARIFY:

We want 100% confirmed info i.e. you have actually booked the secret hotel.
    This will hopefully be a comprihensive list which will REVEAL the secrets!

On the post you should include:

- The title used for the secret hotel
    - The hotel name REVEALED

NO-NO's:

We do not want speculative hotel presumptions nor do we want requests.

I will start...

Great Deals in the British capital - 4* - London

Don't miss the special offers at this wonderfully located hotel, set in Bloomsbury, right in the heart of London, on the border between the West-end and the city. Equipped with full range of leisure facilities, this hotel has everything to ensure a complete well being of both mind and body.

HOTEL REVEALED

Hilton London Euston
    17/18 Upper Woburn Place
    London
    WC1H 0HT
    GB
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 21-01-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Page 104
    • flamingojojo
    • By flamingojojo 20th May 17, 12:21 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    flamingojojo
    Really Stuck with this one!! Can you help me please?
    Hi All,

I'm stuck!! Do any of you know the answer to below please? Thought it might be Grange St Pauls, but isn;t brand new and also I have booked it before and the write up was different. Can you please help? Thank you!

Brand New Luxury 5-Star Hotel With Roof Terrace In The Heart Of The City

Combining classic architecture with contemporary interior design and comforts, this hotel sits in the heart of the City, within walking distance of sights like St Paulís Cathedral. On-site youíll find stylish restaurants and state-of-the-art fitness facilities. Each room is filled with luxurious contemporary furnishings, including a flat-screen TV and private bathroom with rain shower.

Travellers review rating 92 Excellent 1347 reviews
    SERVICES
    Internet
    High speed internet access
    Wireless high-speed Internet access (complimentary)
    Children
    Cot on request
    Cribs (infant beds) available
    Extra bed
    Food & drink
    Coffee/tea facilities
    Restaurant
    Coffee/tea maker
    Rooftop terrace and lounge
    Mini-bar
    Activities
    Fitness Center
    Swimming Pool
    Indoor Pool
    Media & technology
    Phone
    Plasma TV screen
    Telephone
    Business equipment
    Meeting Rooms
    Bathroom
    Hair dryer
    Hairdryer
    Shower/tub combination
    General
    Desk
    spa
    Extra adult charge
    Non-smoking only
    • Mands
    • By Mands 20th May 17, 11:32 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 666 Thanks
    Mands
    Hi All,

I'm stuck!! Do any of you know the answer to below please? Thought it might be Grange St Pauls, but isn;t brand new and also I have booked it before and the write up was different. Can you please help? Thank you!

Brand New Luxury 5-Star Hotel With Roof Terrace In The Heart Of The City

Combining classic architecture with contemporary interior design and comforts, this hotel sits in the heart of the City, within walking distance of sights like St Paulís Cathedral. On-site youíll find stylish restaurants and state-of-the-art fitness facilities. Each room is filled with luxurious contemporary furnishings, including a flat-screen TV and private bathroom with rain shower.

Travellers review rating 92 Excellent 1347 reviews
    Originally posted by flamingojojo
    The Montcalm.

http://www.themontcalm.com
    • moomin75
    • By moomin75 3rd Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    moomin75
    Any ideas

About Stylish Hotel In The Heart Of Victoria
    City hotel Luxury hotel Romantic hotel Business hotel Family hotel
    This modern 4-star hotel is perfect for exploring London, situated within walking distance of Buckingham Palace and St James's Park, with excellent transport links keeping the rest of London within close reach. Relax and unwind in the newly-refurbished comfortable guestrooms, or if you're feeling peckish visit the chic restaurant and bar offering an array of delicious international cuisine and beverages. Also convenient for business purposes featuring plenty of space for holding meetings and events.
    • MadamVino
    • By MadamVino 22nd Jul 17, 7:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MadamVino
    Elegant 5-Star hotel with Luxury Spa in Piccadilly
    LastMinute.com's description:

"This is one of the top rated luxury hotels in central London, and is within walking distance to the theatre district and all other sightseeing. During your stay you can dine in the award-winning restaurant or relax in the spa. The hotel rooms are luxuriously furnished and come with free wi-fi access and private bathrooms stocked with designer toiletries."

... Drum roll please ...

Sofitel London St James,
    6 Waterloo Place, London

Exciting times - here's looking forward to our visit to London Town and Last Night of the Proms
    • witchypoo
    • By witchypoo 23rd Jul 17, 4:38 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 5,332 Thanks
    witchypoo
    Stylish 4-star hotel near Covent Garden and Oxford Street
    Lastminute.com description:

Stylish 4-star hotel near Covent Garden and Oxford Street
    This 4-star hotel is housed within a fine example of the attractive Edwardian buildings of literary Bloomsbury, very close to the iconic British Museum and within walking distance of Oxford Street shopping and many West End theatres, with Holborn and Russell Square tube stations providing excellent transport links to the rest of the city. The hotel itself is filled with contemporary style, with rooms fitted with air conditioning and flat-screen TVs.

OK I booked this yesterday and can announce it is:

DOUBLETREE by Hilton Hotel London - WEST END 4*
    92 Southampton Row
    hoping it's as nice as the other London Hiltons I have stayed at
    Last edited by witchypoo; 23-07-2017 at 4:42 PM.
    IAAR/IAAMM/MFTMFAQ/IOA6BH
    • ilzyh
    • By ilzyh 14th Aug 17, 11:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ilzyh
    need help! Contemporary 4-star hotel in northwest London
    Contemporary 4-star hotel in northwest London
    This contemporary 4-star hotel is found in northwest London, a short drive from sights like Wembley Stadium and the Westfield centre, and within easy walking distance of tube links to the city centre. The hotelís on-site bar and restaurant serves a selection of international cuisines and there is also a caf! and fitness centre. The hotelís rooms are all furnished with contemporary comforts, including flat-screen TVs, free wi-fi, minibars and private bathrooms, stocked with toiletries.

I guess it's one of the hotels near the wembley stadium, not sure which one.

Thanks
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 15th Aug 17, 10:21 AM
    • 2,993 Posts
    • 1,512 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    Be careful, a google of the description puts the hotel close to Kensal Rise and that is supported by the words a "short drive to Wembley" so I suspect it is not at Wembley at all. Despite driving through Kensal Rise for 10 years, I cannot think of any hotel that matches that description, so beware!
    • ilzyh
    • By ilzyh 15th Aug 17, 7:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ilzyh
    it's Park Plaza London Park Royal
    • eviecoffey
    • By eviecoffey 9th Feb 18, 8:13 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eviecoffey
    Stylish 4-star spa hotel near Kensington High Stre
    This four-star spa hotel is moments from Kensington High Street and features a spa, fitness centre and indoor swimming pool as well as an onsite restaurant and bar. Have lunch at nearby The Orangery in Kensington Palace.
    • biggazdixon
    • By biggazdixon 15th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    biggazdixon
    Great hotel short walk to Kensington Gardens
    Hi everyone,

I've just booked this:

Standing in pretty Holland Park, this chic 4-star hotel keeps the rest of London close with excellent transport links nearby. Itís a few minutesí walk to Westfield (Europeís largest urban shopping centre) and the central line at Holland Park tube will whizz you into the City centre. Thereís a restaurant and 24 hour bar as well as chance to unwind in the hotelís sauna and steam room.

And it is revealed as Hilton London Kensington
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,350Posts Today

9,267Users online

Martin's Twitter