Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    anealk
    0 WOW
    Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)
    • 24th Aug 07, 7:33 PM
    0 WOW
    Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY) 24th Aug 07 at 7:33 PM
    To all MSE

As many people are aware you are able to pick up great deals through lastminute.com and their 'secret hotels' scheme. However, there is currently no comprihensive list of "Top Secret Hotels REVEALED" - which is what this thread will aim to do!

Step 1: How to uncover top secret hotels

If you're not sure how top secret hotels work and how to uncover them see the Top Secret Hotels Revealed explanation in the main MSE hotels guide.

Now lets collate the London hotels

Please note this thread should only be for LONDON hotels only.

What we want on this thread is hotels which have been booked through lastminute.com as a 'secret hotel' and the CONFIRMED hotel name and address (Please acompany with hotel description).

TO CLARIFY:

We want 100% confirmed info i.e. you have actually booked the secret hotel.
    This will hopefully be a comprihensive list which will REVEAL the secrets!

On the post you should include:

- The title used for the secret hotel
    - The hotel name REVEALED

NO-NO's:

We do not want speculative hotel presumptions nor do we want requests.

I will start...

Great Deals in the British capital - 4* - London

Don't miss the special offers at this wonderfully located hotel, set in Bloomsbury, right in the heart of London, on the border between the West-end and the city. Equipped with full range of leisure facilities, this hotel has everything to ensure a complete well being of both mind and body.

HOTEL REVEALED

Hilton London Euston
    17/18 Upper Woburn Place
    London
    WC1H 0HT
    GB
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 21-01-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Page 103
    • Plutonia
    • By Plutonia 7th Mar 16, 10:36 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Plutonia
    London's finest boutique near Marble Arch: I think this is The Arch
    its 5* and ive gone by the review count

Top West End Hotel (5*) and Fabulous 5-star Overlooking the Royal Parks: I think is The Athenaeum

I think these are the same hotels as description is the same
    • doowhit
    • By doowhit 12th Mar 16, 12:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    doowhit
    Help Please?
    Anyone know what hotel this could be??

Description:
    Taking pride of place in the heart of Mayfair, this deluxe 5-star hotel boasts a rich history and iconic location as well as an award-winning bar and Michelin Star restaurant.
    • Plutonia
    • By Plutonia 28th Mar 16, 6:11 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Plutonia
    Anyone know what hotel this could be??

Description:
    Taking pride of place in the heart of Mayfair, this deluxe 5-star hotel boasts a rich history and iconic location as well as an award-winning bar and Michelin Star restaurant.
    Originally posted by doowhit

Think this is westbury mayfair
    • clairey26
    • By clairey26 30th Mar 16, 7:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    clairey26
    Stuck on these two can anybody help please?
    Elegance and luxury in the heart of Kensington
    Description:
    This deluxe hotel is located in the very heart of Kensington, seconds from the tube station. The hotel offers a relaxed environment and outstanding customer service.Hyde Park, Kensington Palace and Gardens, Royal Albert Hall, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums are a short walk away.
    Food & beverage:
    The hotel features restaurants and bars serving various delicacies of Chinese, Indian, Italian and International cuisine and wide variety of spirits and wines.

Classic 4-star hotel near Hyde Park
    Description:
    This four-star Victorian hotel can be found in historic Kensington, a few minutes from the Royal Albert Hall and The Natural History Museum. Set in an authentic Victorian building, this hotel features a traditional British restaurant and cocktail bar. Sit by the grand fireplace or enjoy an Afternoon Tea in this distinctly English hotel. Grab a cocktail at the hotel bar and relax near its open fireplace.
    Food & beverage:
    This splendid restaurant offers excellent continental cuisine. Relax with an aperitif or a cocktail at the fireplace of this comfortable bar with original chandeliers..

Thank you so much in advance
    • Barnzy
    • By Barnzy 1st Apr 16, 4:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barnzy
    Hi there.

Can someone help me to identify which hotel this is?

'Exceptional 5-star hotel located by the River Thames' I am looking for a 5 star top secret hotel near the national theater...please help
    • Plutonia
    • By Plutonia 1st Apr 16, 7:49 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Plutonia

Classic 4-star hotel near Hyde Park
    Description:
    This four-star Victorian hotel can be found in historic Kensington, a few minutes from the Royal Albert Hall and The Natural History Museum. Set in an authentic Victorian building, this hotel features a traditional British restaurant and cocktail bar. Sit by the grand fireplace or enjoy an Afternoon Tea in this distinctly English hotel. Grab a cocktail at the hotel bar and relax near its open fireplace.
    Food & beverage:
    This splendid restaurant offers excellent continental cuisine. Relax with an aperitif or a cocktail at the fireplace of this comfortable bar with original chandeliers..
    Originally posted by clairey26
    Think this is : Grange Strathmore Hotel
    • Plutonia
    • By Plutonia 1st Apr 16, 7:53 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Plutonia
    Hi there.

Can someone help me to identify which hotel this is?

'Exceptional 5-star hotel located by the River Thames' I am looking for a 5 star top secret hotel near the national theater...please help
    Originally posted by Barnzy
    Think this is: Grange City Hotel
    • lillminx
    • By lillminx 13th May 16, 12:18 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lillminx
    HOTEL REVEALED

Design hotel, close to Excel and London City Airport

Just booked and this is Aloft London Excel.
    • realflash
    • By realflash 23rd Jun 16, 5:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    realflash
    St. Martin's Lane Hotel, 45 St Martin's Ln, London WC2N 4HX.
    • realflash
    • By realflash 23rd Jun 16, 5:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    realflash
    Hi, Ive had a look through but can't locate anymore info on this 5* hotel does anyone else know?

"Sleep in style near buzzing Soho and the West End

Description:
    Fashion fans will love the designer furniture and innovative touches within this 5-star hotel in Covent Garden. Sleep like an A-Lister in the chic rooms with high tech features and saunter around the area’s hottest bars to see and be seen.

Food & beverage:
    The hotel has a trendy restaurant. The hotel has a funky bar.."

T.I.A
    Originally posted by Plutonia
    St. Martin's Hotel, 45 St Martin's Ln, London WC2N 4HX
    • matthewhughes12356
    • By matthewhughes12356 9th Jul 16, 2:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    matthewhughes12356
    Trying to figure out this hotel...?
    Please can you help me?

This modern 4-star hotel is found in Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a short drive from the World Trade Centre. Nearby tram and metro stations mean you’re within easy reach of the city centre. Hotel highlights include three restaurants, a bar, gym and sauna; and there’s free wifi to keep you connected.

Thanks
    • Hellsbells77
    • By Hellsbells77 7th Sep 16, 12:11 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hellsbells77
    Revealed - Stylish hotel - Great for the Southbank
    Stylish hotel - Great for the Southbank

Contemporary hotel, centrally located on the south bank of the Thames near the London Bridge. Surrounded by some of London's most famous attractions including the world-famous Shard, Borough Market, Vinopolis and just a short hop from the legendary shops and theatres of the West End. Enjoy a drink or snack in the hotel's funky, friendly bar or sample the delights of the restaurant's amazing European cuisine.

I've just booked this and, although pretty similar to the description for Hilton Tower Bridge, this the Novotel London City South.
    • T-Hawk
    • By T-Hawk 15th Sep 16, 8:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    T-Hawk
    Revealed! - Contemporary riverside hotel opposite O2 - 4* - London
    Title: Contemporary riverside hotel opposite O2 - 4* - London
    REVEALED: Raddisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Description: Found near the famous O2 Arena and Canary Wharf, this modern 4-star hotel boasts great views and features an extensive spa and gym. Each room comes with cutting-edge technology, including an entertainment hub and Bang and Olufson HD televisions. Take advantage of the East River Spa and their treatments.
    Booked this secret hotel for one night at the beginning of September and can confirm that it is in fact the Radisson near Canary Wharf. Well worth the money and definitely one of the best nights I've ever had. This forum helped me so thought I'd return the favour
    • alice edwards
    • By alice edwards 7th Oct 16, 7:57 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alice edwards
    help me please
    About Luxury All Suites Hotel With Outstanding Views 5 star
    This contemporary peaceful 5 star all suite hotel is set in Chelsea. Close to the exclusive shops and boutiques of the King's Road & Knightsbridge, it is also within easy reach to Oxford Street, Westfield London Shopping Centre and other finest London attractions. The hotel provides personal service with friendly staff to all business travellers, leisure travellers and families.

anyone know what this is?
    • harps23
    • By harps23 4th Nov 16, 10:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harps23
    About Fabulous 5-Star Overlooking The Royal Parks
    Can anyone help identify this on last minute secret hotel:

Overlooking Green Park, this luxury five-star hotel oozes outstanding service, a homely atmosphere and a fantastic West End location. This hotel has recently undergone a multi-million-pound refurbishment meaning the exterior and entire ground floor of the hotel have been completely refreshed. This hotel is a Mayfair icon, and the perfect place for your city stay. *Spa wet and relaxation areas, plus changing rooms are closed for renovation until October 2016. However spa treatment rooms are open*
    • zedkayeee
    • By zedkayeee 3rd Jan 17, 8:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zedkayeee
    Boutique Hotel in Leicester Square HELP
    This 4-star hotel combines contemporary interior design with Georgian architecture to great effect. Found in the bustling surroundings of Chinatown in the heart of the West End, theatreland is just a short walk away, and Leicester Square tube station provides good transport links around the city. Every one of the hotel’s air conditioned rooms has free wifi and bathrooms stocked with high quality toiletries.
    From March 1st until 14th April (inclusive), both the Restaurant and Bar will be closed and breakfast menus will stay the same, but will be served in guest rooms.The Bar will be closed until 14th May.

Need to book ASAP as will be staying on Thursday for 2 nights.. any idea of the above? TIA
    • angela stone
    • By angela stone 18th Jan 17, 9:42 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    angela stone
    anyone know what the 3star mystery hotel at heathrow is on aph please?
    • divadee
    • By divadee 12th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 10,379 Posts
    • 17,799 Thanks
    divadee
    Can anyone help identify this on last minute secret hotel:

Overlooking Green Park, this luxury five-star hotel oozes outstanding service, a homely atmosphere and a fantastic West End location. This hotel has recently undergone a multi-million-pound refurbishment meaning the exterior and entire ground floor of the hotel have been completely refreshed. This hotel is a Mayfair icon, and the perfect place for your city stay. *Spa wet and relaxation areas, plus changing rooms are closed for renovation until October 2016. However spa treatment rooms are open*
    Originally posted by harps23
    That will be the athenaeum hotel. Fabulous hotel to stay in.
    • Mikee SFC
    • By Mikee SFC 15th Mar 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mikee SFC
    I am looking at this hotel on last minute. Can some please help me found which one it is?

Lovely 4-star full of Victorian charm in exclusive Kensington

This 4-star hotel is situated in a Victorian building in fashionable Kensington, close to the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and the Victoria & Albert Museum
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,510Users online

Martin's Twitter