Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PeteKit
    • By PeteKit 5th Nov 15, 9:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PeteKit
    0 WOW
    OPODO - Ripped off and terrible complaints service
    • 5th Nov 15, 9:51 PM
    0 WOW
    OPODO - Ripped off and terrible complaints service 5th Nov 15 at 9:51 PM
    Warning!!!
    Do not use OPODO for booking flights or anything else!!! - They rip you off and ignore your complaints and don't refund you properly, if at all!!!

I've used OPODO quite a few times in the past as we book a lot of separate flights and villas/apartments for our hols.

I booked our recent flights to Barcelona and back through them and they have totally pee'd me off!

The outbound flight was with Monarch and the return flight was with Jet2.
    I quoted a total price of £998.82 and I booked it.

When I checked my bank statement a few days later I found that there were 3 separate withdrawals… OPODO = £95.77, Monarch = £133.94 and Jet 2 = £789.39

That’s £1019.10 in total!

On top of that, they had charged the Jet2 one in Euros, so there was an extra £23.20 in Euro conversion charges, so a total of £1042.30.

I was therefore out of pocket by £43.46!

I rang them and they said I needed to put it in writing and they would look into it. I have sent them loads of emails trying to resolve this and each time they took days to response and kept asking for information that I had already sent them.

They emailed me saying that they would refund me just £20.26, which I replied was unacceptable. They have not responded to my email and just refunded the £20.26

I’ve searched online about OPODO complaints and it seems that there is an actual OPODO complaints forum on Facebook with 1000s of posts on it!

(Just search OPODO COMPLAINTS on Facebook as it won't let me post the link up on here)

Loads of the people are chasing £100s of pounds of refunds for being double charged and people turning up to the airport to find that OPODO had cancelled their flights etc

There are also loads of other posts about OPODO !!!!-ups on other forums and articles on the Guardian website.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AN DON’T USE THEM EVER!!!
Page 2
    • JGowan
    • By JGowan 12th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JGowan
    Replies to above
    Hi. Thanks for getting on my issue.

Opodo have agreed to give me my money back bit it will take 4 weeks.

My main gripe is the repeated lengthy waits on the phone (and expensive calls), I was assured that the wait would last 5 minutes each time and each time it was around 45 minutes.That and the irritating waiting music left me quite annoyed. The curt/ poor service of the people I was talking to on the phone added to an awful experience. And why exactly I had to call and chase them after the initial call was again inexplicable (though they had tried to call me once, it was two hours later than the agreed time).

Im quite against the company now
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,943Users online

Martin's Twitter