Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 3rd Nov 15, 8:15 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 14Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    School Holiday Fines
    • 3rd Nov 15, 8:15 PM
    School Holiday Fines 3rd Nov 15 at 8:15 PM

Hi all, we have a new School Holiday Fines guide, and we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just click reply below to share any info. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks for your help,

MSE Megan F
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 04-11-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 10
    • Maggij
    • By Maggij 7th Sep 16, 7:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maggij
    I was advised by a travel agent that travelling to New York in early January (school holidays which was when I was originally going to book) was no recommended due to the risk with the weather - snow etc. I booked in early December due this advice. (The trip is now more expensive but safer weather wise). The trip is for my daughters 18th birthday but she is in 6th form the holiday is now in school term time. I have not informed the school yet, as I am concerned about a possible fine. Will I be fined even though my daughter will be 18 while we are away, so she will be an adult by then and technically she does not have to go to school at all!
    • RajaStyle
    • By RajaStyle 22nd Sep 16, 2:14 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    RajaStyle
    Council gives parents green light to take children on holiday in term time

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/22/council-gives-parents-green-light-to-take-children-on-holiday-in-term-time-6144051/#ixzz4KzS41ybi

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/22/council-gives-parents-green-light-to-take-children-on-holiday-in-term-time-6144051/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

386Posts Today

3,607Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. On way to @gmb for 7:40 slot, this week warning to parents about student finance, get paid to cut debt costs, free cafe nero & more

• RT @purplemel75: @MartinSLewis Thanks for the #BigSwitch I've saved £424 by switching tariff!

• Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• Follow Martin