Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tickles2
    • By tickles2 3rd Nov 15, 5:52 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 4Thanks
    tickles2
    Barclays Online & Mobile Banking - Woo-Hoo!!!!
    • 3rd Nov 15, 5:52 PM
    Barclays Online & Mobile Banking - Woo-Hoo!!!! 3rd Nov 15 at 5:52 PM
    My BR was formalised 2 weeks ago. Needed a new bank account and finally got an appointment today - New account opened up on the spot by a very friendly, helpful and well informed member of staff at one of my local branches who supplied:

1. Sortcode and Account number immediately.
    2. Online banking login details
    3. Got the iPhone App up and running for me.

Apparently Barclays have in the last week finally sorted the "software glitch" that wouldn't enable Internet banking for undischargeds.

Also available as of the same update, a proper contactless Visa Debit card which is winging its way to me.

Just one point - The information on Barclays website is a little lacking in some areas - A Cashcard account can ONLY be opened in branch. The branches operate an appointments system - You can't just walk in and be seen. Telephoning the callcentre to make an appointment is a waste of time. When I tried to on Friday I was met with a message saying wait times to speak to first level staff were in excess of 10 minutes.

So expect to drop into your branch to make the appointment one day, and then go back to open the account a few days after that. A pain when one lives rurally and only learned this by wasting 15 miles of fuel and car parking last week. To the surly unhelpful blob behind the counter in the branch I went to first (and never will again), whatever's going on in my life at the moment, it can't be nearly as bad as what's happening in yours!

Any how, the lovely chap I saw today in a different branch, plus the proper banking facilities now available to us undischargeds has in my eyes at least, redeemed their brand.
Page 2
    • roughsea
    • By roughsea 12th Jun 17, 9:02 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    roughsea
    also having issues with barclays and no help from the phone support team and can not access mobile banking
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

498Posts Today

2,892Users online

Martin's Twitter