Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IF
    • By IF 3rd Nov 15, 1:59 PM
    • 34,276Posts
    • 87,523Thanks
    IF
    Notice to Newcomers (re Trolls) ~ Part 15
    • 3rd Nov 15, 1:59 PM
    Notice to Newcomers (re Trolls) ~ Part 15 3rd Nov 15 at 1:59 PM
    A long time ago Pania wrote a message to warn new posters and others about occasional 'troll attacks'.
    6 years on and those occasional troll attacks do still happen (with the massive success and size of the forum that is probably inevitable).

Anyway the advice below is based on the original message from Pania on how to deal with this type of post.
    Originally posted by Tixy
    Hi and welcome to the DFW (Debt-Free Wannabe) Board

Every now and then we have had a number of offensive and insensitive comments made on the DFW board.

What do we mean by this?
    A person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads is know as a Troll. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board, someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made or a poster who has been a member here for a long time.
    If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty! That said there are different writing styles; some brief and some harsh but helpful. If you happen to read them when you are not going through such an emotional time, you may find you are not as offended. So if they have upset you please try not to respond angrily. Most people are simply trying to help.

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants.
    To get rid of the offending post, click on the “Report” icon at the bottom of their post, as shown below:

or

Fill in the form which will alert the MSE team, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the Poster by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    Last edited by IF; 06-11-2015 at 9:31 AM.
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
Page 88
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 17th Oct 16, 9:07 PM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    For more information and links please see page one.

Every now and then we have had a number of offensive and insensitive comments made on the DFW board.

What do we mean by this?
    A person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads is know as a Troll. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board, someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made or a poster who has been a member here for a long time.
    If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty! That said there are different writing styles; some brief and some harsh but helpful. If you happen to read them when you are not going through such an emotional time, you may find you are not as offended. So if they have upset you please try not to respond angrily. Most people are simply trying to help.

Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants.
    To get rid of the offending post, click on the “Report” icon at the bottom of their post, as shown below:

or

Fill in the form which will alert the MSE team, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the Poster by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis.

The Devil whispered in my ear "You are not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    Today I whispered in the Devil's ear "I am the storm".

In Solidarity: Andy Woodward - Jeremy Corbyn
    Cheap Coffee Lover

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 17th Oct 16, 9:13 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Good evening, Bear! Said hairy hound is mithering me at the moment, wanting to play....whose brilliant idea was it to get a Border Collie? (Ah...it was me who said yes we'll give her a home)...she's now giving a bit of GBH to a squeaky rubber ball, bless her.
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 17th Oct 16, 9:14 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    For more information and links please see page one.

What do we mean by this?

or

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis.

Originally posted by Upsidedown Bear

I think you meant to post this here, Bear

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 17th Oct 16, 9:15 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Or maybe not.
    Last edited by Nargleblast; 17-10-2016 at 9:16 PM. Reason: Thought the NTN post was at the bottom of the previous page.

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 18th Oct 16, 10:33 AM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good morning Mouseketeers and all

It's Chocolate Cupcake Day

The Devil whispered in my ear "You are not strong enough to withstand the storm".

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 18th Oct 16, 7:17 PM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    or highly unethical?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5542756

I've hit the spam button and will let MSE Towers decide

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 18th Oct 16, 8:36 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Already gone, Bear! Good evening, Mouseketeers!

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 18th Oct 16, 8:53 PM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Already gone, Bear!
    Originally posted by Nargleblast
    Good

Good evening, Mouseketeers!
    Good evening Nargle GUO everyone

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Growurown
    • By Growurown 18th Oct 16, 9:18 PM
    • 4,960 Posts
    • 14,521 Thanks
    Growurown
    Good morning Mouseketeers and all

It's Chocolate Cupcake Day

Evening Bear. Oooh chocolate cupcake day - I like it!

Already gone, Bear! Good evening, Mouseketeers!
    Evening Nargle
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 19th Oct 16, 10:03 AM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good morning Moseketeers and all

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 19th Oct 16, 3:40 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Hello Mouseketeers! Can anyone explain to me the intricate workings of the male mind? My OH went out for some deodorant spray, which he came back with....along with doughnuts, pork chops and a cheese grater.

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 19th Oct 16, 6:27 PM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Hello Mouseketeers! Can anyone explain to me the intricate workings of the male mind? My OH went out for some deodorant spray, which he came back with....along with doughnuts, pork chops and a cheese grater.
    No idea - it's a mystery to me

Hello, good evening Nargle

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 19th Oct 16, 6:28 PM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good evening GUO everyone

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 19th Oct 16, 8:35 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Good evening Mouseketeers, I have been a busy Nargle today, picking crab apples and starting batches of crab apple brandy and crab apple spiced rum for the festival that shall not be named yet. They will fester away in their Kilner jars for six weeks then be sieved through fine cloth into sterilised bottles. I will try and keep some to mature for a year before drinking.

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 20th Oct 16, 7:51 AM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good morning Mosuseketeers and all

Cheap Coffee Lover

• fermi
    • By fermi 20th Oct 16, 8:07 AM
    • 39,076 Posts
    • 46,880 Thanks
    fermi
    Morning all.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 20th Oct 16, 5:19 PM
    • 4,960 Posts
    • 14,521 Thanks
    Growurown
    Afternoon all.

Hmmm, I'm racking my brains, nope....

Good evening GUO everyone
    Helloooo there Bear

Morning all.
    Originally posted by fermi
    Helloooo there fermi
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 20th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Morning all.
    Originally posted by fermi
    Good evening

Helloooo there Bear
    Originally posted by Growurown
    Hellloooo to you too

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 20th Oct 16, 6:04 PM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good evening Nargle

Good evening everyone

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 21st Oct 16, 11:57 AM
    • 16,548 Posts
    • 72,966 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good morning and happy Friday everyone

Cheap Coffee Lover

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,455Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter