Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IF
    • By IF 3rd Nov 15, 1:59 PM
    • 34,276Posts
    • 87,523Thanks
    IF
    Notice to Newcomers (re Trolls) ~ Part 15
    • 3rd Nov 15, 1:59 PM
    Notice to Newcomers (re Trolls) ~ Part 15 3rd Nov 15 at 1:59 PM
    A long time ago Pania wrote a message to warn new posters and others about occasional 'troll attacks'.
    6 years on and those occasional troll attacks do still happen (with the massive success and size of the forum that is probably inevitable).

Anyway the advice below is based on the original message from Pania on how to deal with this type of post.
    Originally posted by Tixy
    Hi and welcome to the DFW (Debt-Free Wannabe) Board

Every now and then we have had a number of offensive and insensitive comments made on the DFW board.

What do we mean by this?
    A person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads is know as a Troll. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board, someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made or a poster who has been a member here for a long time.
    If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty! That said there are different writing styles; some brief and some harsh but helpful. If you happen to read them when you are not going through such an emotional time, you may find you are not as offended. So if they have upset you please try not to respond angrily. Most people are simply trying to help.

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants.
    To get rid of the offending post, click on the “Report” icon at the bottom of their post, as shown below:

or

Fill in the form which will alert the MSE team, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the Poster by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    Last edited by IF; 06-11-2015 at 9:31 AM.
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
Page 86
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 12th Oct 16, 10:53 PM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Hi and welcome to the DFW (Debt-Free Wannabe) Board
    For more information and links please see page one.

Every now and then we have had a number of offensive and insensitive comments made on the DFW board.

What do we mean by this?
    A person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads is know as a Troll. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board, someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made or a poster who has been a member here for a long time.
    If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty! That said there are different writing styles; some brief and some harsh but helpful. If you happen to read them when you are not going through such an emotional time, you may find you are not as offended. So if they have upset you please try not to respond angrily. Most people are simply trying to help.

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants.
    To get rid of the offending post, click on the “Report” icon at the bottom of their post, as shown below:

or

Fill in the form which will alert the MSE team, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the Poster by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    The Devil whispered in my ear "You are not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    Today I whispered in the Devil's ear "I am the storm".

In Solidarity: Andy Woodward - Jeremy Corbyn
    Cheap Coffee Lover

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 13th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good morning Mouseketeers and all

The Devil whispered in my ear "You are not strong enough to withstand the storm".

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Oct 16, 11:16 AM
    • 1,893 Posts
    • 3,284 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Love the breakfast, thank-you.
    Upsidedown Bear how does the ABC thread work?

To all - where do I post to ask about my son and his online gambling addiction?
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 13th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Love the breakfast, thank-you.
    Upsidedown Bear how does the ABC thread work?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    You mean the Alphabetty thread?

The original thread was set up by colinw and when he abdicated I took over
    The idea was to get people to post in alphabetical order by username. Sometimes we posted backwards as well
    After we'd done that about a million times we decided to just have a chat thread as it is now

To all - where do I post to ask about my son and his online gambling addiction?
    Tips x
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    You could ask on this thread?
    Other than that I'm not sure - depends what you/he need help with.

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 1,893 Posts
    • 3,284 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Thank-you Upsidedown Bear. There are a few people I know with problems. I will have to ask them first, although I would never reveal their identity. There are just some problems that I am more than happy to listen to, but have no solution for them. I am their agony Aunt of sorts, I suppose.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 13th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    • 4,960 Posts
    • 14,522 Thanks
    Growurown
    Evening Mouseketeers. Gosh you have been busy, cleaning up and eating cake and have mega breakfasts.

Hi Tips, you could try this website

www.gamcare.org.uk

It runs the National Gambling Helpline 0808 8020 133

Might be a good place to start.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Oct 16, 7:59 PM
    • 1,893 Posts
    • 3,284 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Thank-you Growurown. Difficult one for me, as he is an adult.

Oh I used so many in the cake!
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 13th Oct 16, 8:14 PM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good evening Mouseketeers and all.

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 13th Oct 16, 8:24 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Good evening Mouseketeers! No cake from me I'm afraid, but I can suggest home made chocolate. Melt two tablespoonsful coconut oil and two tablespoonsful honey in a pan, stir in 1 teaspoonful vanilla extract and five tablespoonsful cocoa. Mix well, pour into silicone ice cube trays and leave in fridge to set. You can also substitute almond extract for the vanilla and add a whole almond in each chocolate. Quite moreish, like posh dark chocolate.
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 14th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Growurown
    • By Growurown 14th Oct 16, 11:18 AM
    • 4,960 Posts
    • 14,522 Thanks
    Growurown
    Morning Mouseketeers!

Good evening Mouseketeers! No cake from me I'm afraid, but I can suggest home made chocolate. Melt two tablespoonsful coconut oil and two tablespoonsful honey in a pan, stir in 1 teaspoonful vanilla extract and five tablespoonsful cocoa. Mix well, pour into silicone ice cube trays and leave in fridge to set. You can also substitute almond extract for the vanilla and addM a whole almond in each chocolate. Quite moreish, like posh dark chocolate.
    Originally posted by Nargleblast
    Is it calorie free though Nargle?

Originally posted by Upsidedown Bear
    Morning Bear and Tips and any other lurkers out there. A bit wet and grey out there today

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 14th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Is it calorie free though Nargle?
    Originally posted by Growurown
    Yes is it?

Morning Bear and Tips and any other lurkers out there. A bit wet and grey out there today
    Good morning

Grey here but no rain at the moment

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Oct 16, 4:50 PM
    • 1,893 Posts
    • 3,284 Thanks
    Tipsntreats

Hope you all well.
    Tips x
    Last edited by Tipsntreats; 14-10-2016 at 4:53 PM.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 14th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good evening Mouseketeers and all

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 14th Oct 16, 8:55 PM
    • 8,729 Posts
    • 51,868 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Good evening Mouseketeers! Another batch of home made chocolate made today, almond variety. Just waiting to sample a piece now....probably quite calorific with the coconut oil and honey, but one or two pieces is all you need. Yes really. One or two squares.

As long as they are not the size of a paving slab.
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash

December NSDs. 00 of 15
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 14th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good evening Mouseketeers! Another batch of home made chocolate made today, almond variety. Just waiting to sample a piece now....probably quite calorific with the coconut oil and honey, but one or two pieces is all you need. Yes really. One or two squares.

Just having a small bar of chocolate

I'll try a piece of yours later if I may

Evening Nargle

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Oct 16, 11:37 PM
    • 1,893 Posts
    • 3,284 Thanks
    Tipsntreats

See you all tomorrow.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 15th Oct 16, 9:48 AM
    • 4,960 Posts
    • 14,522 Thanks
    Growurown

Morning all

OH has been challenged to do 25,000 steps this weekend. Oh joy

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 15th Oct 16, 10:44 AM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear

Morning all

OH has been challenged to do 25,000 steps this weekend. Oh joy
    Hope he enjoys himself

Good morning

Cheap Coffee Lover

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 15th Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 16,552 Posts
    • 72,973 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good morning

Cheap Coffee Lover

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,726Posts Today

7,126Users online

Martin's Twitter