Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IF
    • By IF 3rd Nov 15, 1:59 PM
    • 34,276Posts
    • 87,523Thanks
    IF
    Notice to Newcomers (re Trolls) ~ Part 15
    • 3rd Nov 15, 1:59 PM
    Notice to Newcomers (re Trolls) ~ Part 15 3rd Nov 15 at 1:59 PM
    A long time ago Pania wrote a message to warn new posters and others about occasional 'troll attacks'.
    6 years on and those occasional troll attacks do still happen (with the massive success and size of the forum that is probably inevitable).

Anyway the advice below is based on the original message from Pania on how to deal with this type of post.
    Originally posted by Tixy
    Hi and welcome to the DFW (Debt-Free Wannabe) Board

Every now and then we have had a number of offensive and insensitive comments made on the DFW board.

What do we mean by this?
    A person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads is know as a Troll. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board, someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made or a poster who has been a member here for a long time.
    If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty! That said there are different writing styles; some brief and some harsh but helpful. If you happen to read them when you are not going through such an emotional time, you may find you are not as offended. So if they have upset you please try not to respond angrily. Most people are simply trying to help.

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants.
    To get rid of the offending post, click on the “Report” icon at the bottom of their post, as shown below:

or

Fill in the form which will alert the MSE team, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the Poster by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    Last edited by IF; 06-11-2015 at 9:31 AM.
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
Page 124
    • Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 9th Mar 17, 9:25 PM
    • 17,802 Posts
    • 77,724 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Hi and welcome to the DFW (Debt-Free Wannabe) Board
    For more information and links please see page one.

Every now and then we have had a number of offensive and insensitive comments made on the DFW board.

What do we mean by this?
    A person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads is know as a Troll. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board, someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made or a poster who has been a member here for a long time.
    If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty! That said there are different writing styles; some brief and some harsh but helpful. If you happen to read them when you are not going through such an emotional time, you may find you are not as offended. So if they have upset you please try not to respond angrily. Most people are simply trying to help.

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants.
    To get rid of the offending post, click on the “Report” icon at the bottom of their post, as shown below:

or

Fill in the form which will alert the MSE team, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the Poster by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    The Devil whispered in my ear "You are not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    Today I whispered in the Devil's ear "I am the storm".
    Das ist der beste tag meines lebens
    Cheap Coffee Lover

• Upsidedown Bear
    • By Upsidedown Bear 9th Mar 17, 9:26 PM
    • 17,802 Posts
    • 77,724 Thanks
    Upsidedown Bear
    Good luck for the move, Bear, lots of virtual cake being sent your way.
    Originally posted by Nargleblast
    Thank you

I'll won't be here for a bit as we need to sort out the interwebs when we get there
    The Devil whispered in my ear "You are not strong enough to withstand the storm".
    Today I whispered in the Devil's ear "I am the storm".
    Das ist der beste tag meines lebens
    Cheap Coffee Lover

• Growurown
    • By Growurown 10th Mar 17, 11:40 AM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Growurown
    Morning Mouseketeers. I'm stuck in waiting for a delivery, but done lots of tidying.

Good luck with your move today Bear, hope nothing gets lost or broken
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 10th Mar 17, 5:38 PM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Growurown
    Evening peeps!

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 10th Mar 17, 10:07 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 54,560 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Good evening and good night from a knackered Nargle who has just done the first of three long shifts in a row.
    Debt free date.....3 August 2015
    Now building up a Doomsday Cash Stash

September NSDs 13 of 15
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 11th Mar 17, 12:12 PM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Growurown
    Good evening and good night from a knackered Nargle who has just done the first of three long shifts in a row.
    Oh Nargle I do sympathise, I hope you don't get too exhausted. Here's some cake to keep you going and a smiley cup of coffee

Hope the move went OK Bear!

• sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 11th Mar 17, 6:04 PM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 11,412 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Good evening all !!

Just watched England's drubbing of Scotland in the Rugby 😉

A better game I have yet to see, superb match, bit of everything !!!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 11th Mar 17, 9:57 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 54,560 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    So I hear, sourcrates, my OH said the Jockinese got totally slaughtered. Ooh I do like a nice gentle game of rugby!

September NSDs 13 of 15
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 11th Mar 17, 9:58 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 54,560 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Oh Nargle I do sympathise, I hope you don't get too exhausted. Here's some cake to keep you going and a smiley cup of coffee

Hope the move went OK Bear!
    Originally posted by Growurown
    Right, you lot, own up! Which rotten swine ate the middle out of my cake?

September NSDs 13 of 15
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 12th Mar 17, 9:56 AM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Growurown
    Morning all

Good evening all !!

Just watched England's drubbing of Scotland in the Rugby ��

A better game I have yet to see, superb match, bit of everything !!!
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    So I hear, sourcrates, my OH said the Jockinese got totally slaughtered. Ooh I do like a nice gentle game of rugby!
    I missed the rugby I shall just have to take your word for it

Right, you lot, own up! Which rotten swine ate the middle out of my cake?
    Not me Nargle! I'm blaming Bear as she isn't here to defend herself

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 12th Mar 17, 10:11 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 54,560 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Yup, it was Bear what did it!

September NSDs 13 of 15
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 13th Mar 17, 8:17 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 54,560 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    A cheeky little bumpette back to page one.

September NSDs 13 of 15
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 13th Mar 17, 10:32 PM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Growurown
    Evening Mouseketeers. Have you had a good Monday? It's been a lovely spring day today, the daffs and primroses are blooming and I have got a ton of tidying up to do in the garden

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Mar 17, 4:35 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hello you lovely lot.
    How are you all?
    I am hoping to bring a newbie here for some support.
    I see there is still cake on the go.
    Tips x
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 14th Mar 17, 6:48 PM
    • 11,926 Posts
    • 11,412 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Hello you lovely lot.
    How are you all?
    I am hoping to bring a newbie here for some support.
    I see there is still cake on the go.
    Tips x
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Always time for cake eh bear !!!!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Mar 17, 7:26 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Always time for cake eh bear !!!!
    Originally posted by sourcrates

Sorry it's not GBP. But it is a cake!
    Tips x
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 14th Mar 17, 9:17 PM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Growurown
    Evening Mouseketeers!

Sorry it's not GBP. But it is a cake!
    Tips x
    Wow that is a cake and a half!!!!

• Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 14th Mar 17, 9:24 PM
    • 9,298 Posts
    • 54,560 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Good evening, Mouseketeers! Our comrade Upsidedown Bear should be just about moved into her new house now, so I think we should all crack on with planning the housewarming party. I will bring the Blue Nun and the cheesy pineapples on sticks.

September NSDs 13 of 15
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Mar 17, 9:26 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Evening Mouseketeers!

Wow that is a cake and a half!!!!
    Originally posted by Growurown
    All the more to share.
    The newbie is so shy.
    Do you know, it is quiet on most boards, but, everyone is being so nice to each other.
    Tips x
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 16th Mar 17, 5:50 PM
    • 5,305 Posts
    • 15,043 Thanks
    Growurown
    Good evening, Mouseketeers! Our comrade Upsidedown Bear should be just about moved into her new house now, so I think we should all crack on with planning the housewarming party. I will bring the Blue Nun and the cheesy pineapples on sticks.
    Oh I love a party.

I will bring the quiche and cocktail sausages on sticks plus some Mateus Rose.

Who's inviting the Chippendales?

All the more to share.
    The newbie is so shy.
    Do you know, it is quiet on most boards, but, everyone is being so nice to each other.
    Tips x
    That makes a nice change Tips, but I hasten to add we are always nice on here.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,338Posts Today

6,946Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin