Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Has anybod heard of Scotcall Debt Collecting Serv... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Has anybod heard of Scotcall Debt Collecting Services?
Closed Thread
Views: 32,772
# 1
slouise
Old 23-08-2007, 3:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Has anybod heard of Scotcall Debt Collecting Services?

Hi All,

I had a loan from egg which got transfered to Crap quest lol!!!
But it seems they have since transfered the debt again as yesterday I had a letter from Scotcall Debt Collecting Services based in Glasgow, has anybody had any dealings with them If so what are they like as they are threating Door step Calling

would be interested in your experiences, Ive never heard of them on this forum before unless Ive missed the.

Sharon x :rolleyes:
# 2
owsaboutthatthen
Old 23-08-2007, 3:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I have an outstanding electricity bill and before my pre-payment meter was fitted I had a couple of letters from Scotcall. I managed to come to some arrangement with the electric company before things got too heavy with this particular debt collection service. In fact, I think I remember speaking to someone from this service who was actually very nice!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing
# 3
Hapless
Old 23-08-2007, 3:41 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Location: In a village somewhere so rural in devon it doesn't show up on sat nav

Scottcall are also a sister company of Westcot.
The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 10
grocery challenge...Budget 420

Wk 1 27.10
Wk 2 78.06
Wk 3 163.06
Wk 4
# 4
clare1076
Old 23-08-2007, 4:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

When my husband got a mobile from 3G which turned out to be faulty we refused to pay the remainder of the contract and unfortunately this was passed on to Scotcall. They called us one evening and demanded we pay the bill but we were still in query with 3G, however, as a result of this already going against our credit score we agreed to pay but only in 10.00 a month installments but they wanted our debit card details to do this which i refused to give because i didn't want them trying to take the whole amount so instead i set up a direct debit which we are now paying. Which reminds me actually i need to see how much we have left to pay as i have no idea.

Generally, they are okay but don't be fooled into giving your credit or debit card details to them if you can't afford to pay the full amount.
# 5
slouise
Old 23-08-2007, 4:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi Thanks owsaboutthatthen , Hapless and clare1076

for your comments it gives me an idea of what they are like, think I might have to set up a dd then or find another way to pay them i.e payslips if they do them. Its funny when you come across a new company theres always somebody in the same situation, i love this site and the support you get it's just brilliant you never feel like your on your own.

All the Best x
The Following User Says Thank You to slouise For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
rayday2
Old 23-08-2007, 5:14 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapless View Post
Scottcall are also a sister company of Westcot.
Have dealt with Westcot in the past and they are OK so long as you reply to letters and send payment regularly.
# 7
rog2
Old 23-08-2007, 5:49 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Doubly Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by clare1076 View Post
When my husband got a mobile from 3G which turned out to be faulty we refused to pay the remainder of the contract and unfortunately this was passed on to Scotcall. They called us one evening and demanded we pay the bill but we were still in query with 3G,
Scotball, or any other DCA for that matter, should NOT continue to pursue any 'alleged debt' that is in genuine dispute with the original creditor.
I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
# 8
opti_kar
Old 26-10-2010, 8:24 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slouise View Post
Hi All,

I had a loan from egg which got transfered to Crap quest lol!!!
But it seems they have since transfered the debt again as yesterday I had a letter from Scotcall Debt Collecting Services based in Glasgow, has anybody had any dealings with them If so what are they like as they are threating Door step Calling

would be interested in your experiences, Ive never heard of them on this forum before unless Ive missed the.

Sharon x :rolleyes:
Yes, just started having deallings with them, don't think they can afford official letters as they send out obvious photo copies with a bit of editing to look official. Seems that the original company who's looking for the money (Orange) don't have the bottle to deal with compaints especially management so they get these companies in to deal with it. If they made the effort at the start we wouldn't be here. Still waiting for caller. Keep you Posted.
Closed Thread