Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gwynfil
    • By gwynfil 28th Oct 15, 8:31 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 43Thanks
    gwynfil
    0 WOW
    Marks and Spencers Sparks card?
    • 28th Oct 15, 8:31 AM
    0 WOW
    Marks and Spencers Sparks card? 28th Oct 15 at 8:31 AM
    Hi

What is the Marks and Spencer Sparks card and how do you get one?

They asked me at the checkout if I have one, the self service tills ask if I have one, but there doesn't seem to be much information about it anywhere. It seems like the worst launched loyalty card ever.

I was hesitant to ask more about it at the time, as the checkouts were quite busy and I didn't want to hold the queues up. I also wasn't sure if it was some sort of credit card related perk, which I wouldn't want.

However, I shop at M & S quite a bit and my receipts keep telling me I could have earned points, so I would like to know more about it if anyone knows anything.

I use the internet regularly, but don't use apps, which I think was mentioned on the receipt- about getting the M & S app or something.

Thanks in advance.
Page 3
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 2nd Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    This seems to be the worst Loyalty card going. tried to use 2 of my so called offers this week neither worked. rather than cause a scene at busy checkout just payed full amount. Unhelpful assistant told me to "go read the small print" which I have and feel I met the criteria for discount.
    Don't bother with this one. Interested to know if others have problems too?
    Originally posted by Elphie888
    Have you still got your receipt? I'd phone up and complain and ask them to sort it out for you.
    • rockiedog
    • By rockiedog 2nd Dec 17, 3:36 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    rockiedog
    M&S Sparks
    This is so annoying, Hubby just spent £179 on a jacket, used Sparks card as well, what do I get in an email next morning? 10% off mens clothing for the next week! Had a good mind to return it and purchase it again, but too much hassle with queueing etc.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 2nd Dec 17, 11:50 PM
    • 7,614 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    Stompa
    This seems to be the worst Loyalty card going. tried to use 2 of my so called offers this week neither worked. rather than cause a scene at busy checkout just payed full amount. Unhelpful assistant told me to "go read the small print" which I have and feel I met the criteria for discount.
    Don't bother with this one. Interested to know if others have problems too?
    Originally posted by Elphie888
    I've only attempted to use an offer once, and it didn't work. The assistant said it wasn't a problem and just took off the discount manually.
    Stompa
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,225Posts Today

6,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin