Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 19th Oct 15, 11:02 PM
    • 2,455Posts
    • 9,718Thanks
    Happygreen
    Have you enjoyed any good boxed sets or series lately?
    • 19th Oct 15, 11:02 PM
    Have you enjoyed any good boxed sets or series lately? 19th Oct 15 at 11:02 PM
    Hi!

Inspired by "Have you seen any good films lately" started by I luv cats - let's talk TV series and boxed sets!

Just starting on
    C4 -Fargo , season 2. Loved the first and so far it's matching.
    C4 - Homeland Season 5 - getting a bit samey and ott
    C4 - The Returned Season 2 - brilliant

out on disc I had Fortitude, which I found disappointing, could have been good

On AZ prime watching at the moment: Mad Men and Parks and Recreation Seasons 2

Let's hear what you liked and also what not , I hope this thread is going to be as busy as the films!
    Last edited by Happygreen; 19-10-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
Page 24
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 5th Mar 17, 10:23 PM
    • 3,913 Posts
    • 8,257 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I'm watching all of Boardwalk Empire again as it was so good.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 5th Mar 17, 11:01 PM
    • 8,678 Posts
    • 8,060 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Just watched the first episode of The Tunnel. Looking really good so far.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 6th Mar 17, 2:27 PM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 9,718 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Please let us all know where, what Channel or subscription you are watching great TV , folks!
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 6th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    • 9,789 Posts
    • 23,792 Thanks
    suki1964
    Please let us all know where, what Channel or subscription you are watching great TV , folks!
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    Kodi

Watch anything at anytime
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 7th Mar 17, 9:17 AM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 3,636 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Kodi

Watch anything at anytime
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Same as above

Although I binge watched the entire series of Unforgotten the other night which was recently on tv. Think it was ITV but I've deleted it now so can't check. Was a great series with twists and turns every episode.
    Last edited by Feral Moon; 07-03-2017 at 9:20 AM.
    • loserx1
    • By loserx1 7th Mar 17, 6:50 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 1,326 Thanks
    loserx1
    I've have really enjoyed watching The Swingers on All 4 app, Its a dutch drama with subtitles but really easy to watch.

i watched the whole season in a couple of days
    Last edited by loserx1; 07-03-2017 at 6:52 PM.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 10th Mar 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 3,636 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Just started watching SIX and so far it looks pretty good. It's about a group of Navy SEALS who are on a mission to eradicate the Taliban in Afghanistan. It's based loosely on true events that occurred in the war.
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 2nd Apr 17, 12:03 PM
    • 3,372 Posts
    • 8,227 Thanks
    arthurdick
    We watched the first season of "Inside No 9" last night, I found it pretty good and some good funny bits too. Will watch season 2 tonight.
    4371/3 =1457.. some people won't accept that though.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 2nd Apr 17, 1:32 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 3,767 Thanks
    Nick_C
    We are about a month into a three month Now TV trial (free with a £15 Now TV box). Thought The Young Pope was quite good, and we are re-watching Sex and the City, but struggling to find good box sets. Watched the first four episodes of Fortitude and gave up. Boring. Watched the first three episodes of The Affair. Boring. Watched a couple of "Drama Matters". Both seemed like good ideas in search of an ending! I don't mind putting a bit of effort in for the first three episodes of anything, but I want drama at a reasonable pace, and I want to be entertained.

Things we have loved on Netflix; Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Better Call Saul.

Any Now TV recommendations anyone? Only interested in box sets. We don't watch live TV.
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 2nd Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,816 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    I'm watching

The tunnel sabotage

Life in pieces on Amazon prime
    I rediscovered seasons 1-4 of Lead Balloon on Netflix yesterday

These shows make the days when I'm feeling poorly all the more bearable
    And always raise a smile
    Yes, it's true hell IS other people
    And remember the problem is them, not you.
    Devilsand demons walk among us in human form.wake up people, it's a man.
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 2nd Apr 17, 2:41 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,816 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    Am so happy. How to get away with murder season 3 has been picked up by Netflix.
    Originally posted by VALM
    Thanks for the heads up, Valm
    It's a brilliant show, well acted and written, it's utterly absorbing
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 3rd Apr 17, 4:11 AM
    • 13,115 Posts
    • 24,908 Thanks
    onlyroz
    We are about a month into a three month Now TV trial (free with a £15 Now TV box). Thought The Young Pope was quite good, and we are re-watching Sex and the City, but struggling to find good box sets. Watched the first four episodes of Fortitude and gave up. Boring. Watched the first three episodes of The Affair. Boring. Watched a couple of "Drama Matters". Both seemed like good ideas in search of an ending! I don't mind putting a bit of effort in for the first three episodes of anything, but I want drama at a reasonable pace, and I want to be entertained.

Things we have loved on Netflix; Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Better Call Saul.

Any Now TV recommendations anyone? Only interested in box sets. We don't watch live TV.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    NowTv has all 12 seasons of Greys Anatomy. They also have Game of Thrones.
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 3rd Apr 17, 9:27 AM
    • 14,410 Posts
    • 124,146 Thanks
    zagubov
    Binging on the Americans and very impressed.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 9th Apr 17, 2:27 PM
    • 6,568 Posts
    • 15,510 Thanks
    barmonkey
    13 Reasons Why on Netflix.

Recommended to me by my teen daughter, so I was expecting some sort of teen/tween crap but it was so much more than that, it was brilliant.
    Sometimes dark, sometimes bittersweet and it leaves you with a lot to think about.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • WibblyGirly
    • By WibblyGirly 9th Apr 17, 3:13 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    WibblyGirly

Recommended to me by my teen daughter, so I was expecting some sort of teen/tween crap but it was so much more than that, it was brilliant.
    Sometimes dark, sometimes bittersweet and it leaves you with a lot to think about.
    Originally posted by barmonkey
    I'm part way through this and really enjoying it! I'm supposed to be studying but I just want to to keep watching it

I've re watched Versailles in anticipation of the 2nd series this month and I loved Outlander so can't wait for the next season of that. As a history student I do prefer shows with a historic setting so I love Vikings too.
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 9th Apr 17, 8:28 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,816 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    Yay! A new season of izombie has started on Netflix also bates motel. I'm very happy, I hardly watch live tv anymore

Has anyone watched Archer on Netflix? It's brilliant.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 9th Apr 17, 8:57 PM
    • 3,913 Posts
    • 8,257 Thanks
    minimad1970

Originally posted by barmonkey
    Thanks for mentioning this. I've now watched 3 episodes and it's really good. Good acting and great music.
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 13th Apr 17, 9:20 PM
    • 3,372 Posts
    • 8,227 Thanks
    arthurdick
    Have just finished watching seasons 1 & 2 of "Psychoville" on NETFLIX and really enjoyed and some bits are so funny. good giggle.
    4371/3 =1457.. some people won't accept that though.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 13th Apr 17, 10:26 PM
    • 2,574 Posts
    • 3,636 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    New season 5 of Prison Break is finally out. Watched first two episodes last night and it's looking very good already.
    • Cupcake Returns
    • By Cupcake Returns 14th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    Cupcake Returns
    Season 5 of Orange is the new black.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,422Posts Today

8,739Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Emloy93: @MartinSLewis I did this! It 100% works ????????

• RT @Photo_Pete: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, I'll renew mine before my 24th in September!

• Tell any 23 yr olds... you're allowed to buy a 3 year 16-25 railcard the day before your 24th birthday then it's valid until ur almost 27 RT

• Follow Martin