Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 19th Oct 15, 11:02 PM
    • 2,352Posts
    • 9,181Thanks
    Happygreen
    Have you enjoyed any good boxed sets or series lately?
    • 19th Oct 15, 11:02 PM
    Have you enjoyed any good boxed sets or series lately? 19th Oct 15 at 11:02 PM
    Hi!

Inspired by "Have you seen any good films lately" started by I luv cats - let's talk TV series and boxed sets!

Just starting on
    C4 -Fargo , season 2. Loved the first and so far it's matching.
    C4 - Homeland Season 5 - getting a bit samey and ott
    C4 - The Returned Season 2 - brilliant

out on disc I had Fortitude, which I found disappointing, could have been good

On AZ prime watching at the moment: Mad Men and Parks and Recreation Seasons 2

Let's hear what you liked and also what not , I hope this thread is going to be as busy as the films!
    Last edited by Happygreen; 19-10-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi

Weight Loss thread - - 10.5 kg - 2 st. Swagbucks £55 AZ, 2nd hand sales £ 11, Cash4Clothes
Page 21
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 8th Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 6,408 Posts
    • 15,229 Thanks
    barmonkey
    After I've finished Bloodline I'm going to watch Orange Is The New Black, largely on the recommendation of a nurse yesterday.
    Originally posted by Dreamnine
    I loved OITHB to begin with but gave up during season 3, it got a bit dull.
    Last edited by barmonkey; 08-10-2016 at 3:12 PM.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 9th Oct 16, 6:19 PM
    • 16,010 Posts
    • 46,427 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    anyone else watching the channel 4 drama - National Treasure? Superb casting - Julie Walters, Robbie Coltrane . There was a scene in episode 2 between the daughter and Julie Walters - I cant put into words how gripping those few moments were - it was brilliant acting from both sides.
    Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • Tighter Than A Ducks Bum
    • By Tighter Than A Ducks Bum 19th Oct 16, 3:53 PM
    • 229 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    Tighter Than A Ducks Bum
    Goliath.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/

A disgraced lawyer, now an ambulance chaser, gets a case that could bring him redemption or at least revenge on the firm which expelled him.

Stars: Billy Bob Thornton, William Hurt,

All 8 episodes can be found online or via Amazon Prime.
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 19th Oct 16, 6:50 PM
    • 6,408 Posts
    • 15,229 Thanks
    barmonkey
    just started watching The X Files from the beginning, Its suprising how dated it looks.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 19th Oct 16, 7:01 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    anyone else watching the channel 4 drama - National Treasure? Superb casting - Julie Walters, Robbie Coltrane . There was a scene in episode 2 between the daughter and Julie Walters - I cant put into words how gripping those few moments were - it was brilliant acting from both sides.
    Originally posted by rainbowfairydust
    I'm recording it but really looking forward to watching it. It's now got to the point I can't watch individual episodes any longer otherwise I completely forget what happened in the previous one. I have to "binge watch" the entire season over as few days as possible. I've just, this afternoon, finished Victoria which I started watching on Monday.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 20th Oct 16, 12:34 PM
    • 2,352 Posts
    • 9,181 Thanks
    Happygreen
    so much good TV - want to watch The missing 2, The Fall 3. Sadly missed an episode of Poldark so no catching up on that
    Best of all, Ripper Street 5 is already on prime!
    I also enjoy One Mississippi on prime
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi

Weight Loss thread - - 10.5 kg - 2 st. Swagbucks £55 AZ, 2nd hand sales £ 11, Cash4Clothes
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 20th Oct 16, 1:17 PM
    • 6,646 Posts
    • 11,413 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Originally posted by rainbowfairydust
    I watched this and thought it was very well done. I especially liked the character of the daughter - funny but fragile.

I'm currently working my way through the second series of Homeland and wishing they would just get rid of Brody. Enjoyable, though, an episode or two in the evenings.
    Last edited by Dreamnine; 20-10-2016 at 1:19 PM.
    It is nexuses not nexi, dummy. And it's between you and me, not you and I.
    • makingplans4nigel
    • By makingplans4nigel 20th Oct 16, 1:34 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 2,102 Thanks
    makingplans4nigel
    I really enjoyed National Treasure too.

just finished Ashes to Ashes. Now going to watch Tinker, tailor and Smiley's people.
    Come on sucker lick my battery
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 20th Oct 16, 4:44 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Where has Ripper Street 2 & 3 disappeared to on Prime?

Don't worry, I found them after doing a "search". They just weren't appearing in my watchlist or any of the other promoted sections, only Ripper 5.
    Last edited by Feral Moon; 20-10-2016 at 8:24 PM.
    • Hoseman
    • By Hoseman 20th Oct 16, 6:47 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    Hoseman
    Watched Black Mirror recently. Cant recommend this British series enough. Clever stories many of which are set in the future, which they do very well. Its not a series as such as they are all different stories.
    • Missli
    • By Missli 21st Oct 16, 9:32 AM
    • 6,758 Posts
    • 16,185 Thanks
    Missli
    I enjoyed a pilot episode of The Tick on prime video. Hoping they continue as a series. It's great.
    • VALM
    • By VALM 22nd Oct 16, 8:16 AM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    VALM
    Am gutted. No UK broadcaster has picked up 3rd season of How to get away with murder.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 22nd Oct 16, 6:31 PM
    • 24,277 Posts
    • 12,797 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Whitechapel is regularly repeated on itv encore. I watch it every time as I love it. For anyone interested there's a couple of episodes on tonight.
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 22nd Oct 16, 6:52 PM
    • 16,010 Posts
    • 46,427 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    so much good TV - want to watch The missing 2, The Fall 3. Sadly missed an episode of Poldark so no catching up on that
    Best of all, Ripper Street 5 is already on prime!
    I also enjoy One Mississippi on prime
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    I am not enjoying this latest series of the fall..i think i can guess how this will end

I watched this and thought it was very well done. I especially liked the character of the daughter - funny but fragile.

Originally posted by Dreamnine
    i agree - the daughter's character was superb. I thought the actress who played the role was fantastic. She really nailed fragile and vulnerable. -
    Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 22nd Oct 16, 6:55 PM
    • 16,010 Posts
    • 46,427 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    Watched Black Mirror recently. Cant recommend this British series enough. Clever stories many of which are set in the future, which they do very well. Its not a series as such as they are all different stories.
    Originally posted by Hoseman
    this is currently on netflix.. and i think the new series starts soon ( also netflix)... I think the stand out episode for me was the prime minister and the sex with a pig episode.. I still feel utterly repulsed by the thought of this particular episode
    Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 22nd Oct 16, 7:42 PM
    • 2,327 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Does anyone know where I can find Love/Hate series 4&5 please?

I only managed to watch 1-3 on Spike or 5 star a few months ago.
    Last edited by Feral Moon; 23-10-2016 at 9:00 AM.
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 5th Nov 16, 7:40 PM
    • 6,408 Posts
    • 15,229 Thanks
    barmonkey
    I'm up to episode 5 of an American show called Designated Survivor. Its about a man played by Kiefer Sutherland who becomes president after a terror attack wipes out the whole of the senate.
    Enjoying it so far, its got a 8.1 rating on IMDB.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • VALM
    • By VALM 6th Nov 16, 6:45 AM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    VALM
    I'm up to episode 5 of an American show called Designated Survivor. Its about a man played by Kiefer Sutherland who becomes president after a terror attack wipes out the whole of the senate.
    Enjoying it so far, its got a 8.1 rating on IMDB.
    Originally posted by barmonkey
    I'm watching this too. Am big fan of Kiefer after watching 24.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 6th Nov 16, 12:45 PM
    • 2,352 Posts
    • 9,181 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Anyone else watching The Code? I loved season 1 and am catching up with season 2 before it disappears from BBC iplayer.
    I'm not so much enjoying any last season, be it Ripper Street or Parks & Recreation. The energy's gone when things are winding down...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,036Users online

Martin's Twitter