Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philatio
    • By philatio 16th Oct 15, 11:59 AM
    • 603Posts
    • 754Thanks
    philatio
    Tassimo "new improved" flavours
    • 16th Oct 15, 11:59 AM
    Tassimo "new improved" flavours 16th Oct 15 at 11:59 AM
    I thought this was just me.. but looking at the Tassimo facebook site, it most definately isn't.

Tassimo are in the process of changing all their 'milky' drinks to a "new improved" recipe.
    Instead of having a seperate milk and coffee/chocolate pod.. there is now just one combined pod. This is supposed to deliver a "silkier, smoother" drink.

I've tried the Cadbury Hot Choc and the Costa Latte. Both of which used to be lovely in their old, 2-pod state. Both are now horrid. The Costa in particular is now disgusting.

It's obviously just a cost saving exercise (half the number of plastic pods, same price).

Anyone out there actually liking the new recipe ?
    There's already 800+ negative comments on their FB page.
Page 2
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 21st Oct 15, 12:37 AM
    • 29,335 Posts
    • 18,548 Thanks
    DCFC79
    OP have you informed Kraft your not happy with the change, if enough let them know they aren't happy they might (a big might at that ) change back to a milk pod.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • philatio
    • By philatio 21st Oct 15, 11:46 AM
    • 603 Posts
    • 754 Thanks
    philatio
    Yes, I've added my 10p to the hundreds on their facebook page kicking off about this.
    I can't see them changing back though. It's Kraft init.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 21st Oct 15, 7:25 PM
    • 16,460 Posts
    • 10,631 Thanks
    molerat
    Noooooooooooo.....I have the Costa Cappuccino every morning - one milk pod, then the coffee pod run through twice. It makes it just the way I like it. Can you still do this ("double"* pull the coffee) the new way?

*I know it's not quite full strength double but it works for me
    Originally posted by Emmylou
    It is only the chocolates and lattes that have changed (at the moment) The chocolates have gone from 2 small pods of liquid to one large pod of powder and the lattes have changed the milk to a small pod of "smoother" more concentrated liquid. "Smoother" seems to equate to waterier with a froth that disappears quicker.

edit: It seems they have changed the milk across the whole range.

1 person out of 800+ facebook comments seems to like the new ones
    Last edited by molerat; 21-10-2015 at 11:34 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 21st Oct 15, 7:54 PM
    • 6,567 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    barmonkey
    Nestle, once bitten, subsequently launched the "Dolce Gusto" range, which is similarly locked down.
    Originally posted by zenmaster
    I have had these and they are nice, even with postage they work out cheaper as you get 16 cups per pack.

http://www.thecoffeepod.co.uk/contents/en-uk/ordertotal.html
    Last edited by barmonkey; 21-10-2015 at 7:56 PM.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • Ronaldo Mconaldo
    • By Ronaldo Mconaldo 23rd Oct 15, 6:47 AM
    • 4,849 Posts
    • 4,920 Thanks
    Ronaldo Mconaldo
    The caramel latte that we get is diferent. It used to have a big pod for the milk and a smaller on for the coffee. Now they are both small and it means the pack they come in is a third Smaller. I've not got onto the new ones yet but changing things around like that, where it looks like they've double concentrated the milk, never improves things.
    Last edited by Ronaldo Mconaldo; 23-10-2015 at 6:51 AM.
    • nwc389
    • By nwc389 23rd Oct 15, 10:11 AM
    • 445 Posts
    • 504 Thanks
    nwc389
    You can't help but wonder exactly who they tested these 'new and improved drinks ' on ! I have yet to see a positive comment on the changes.
    I have a Tassimo but only buy a couple of the coffee varieties , Costa Americans and kenko Colombian and I hope they don't try similar 'improvements' with them.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 23rd Oct 15, 10:31 AM
    • 29,335 Posts
    • 18,548 Thanks
    DCFC79
    You can't help but wonder exactly who they tested these 'new and improved drinks ' on ! I have yet to see a positive comment on the changes.
    I have a Tassimo but only buy a couple of the coffee varieties , Costa Americans and kenko Colombian and I hope they don't try similar 'improvements' with them.
    Originally posted by nwc389
    As a previous poster said, its Krat init.

You never know they may decide to do the same with the ones you like.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 23rd Oct 15, 10:32 AM
    • 29,335 Posts
    • 18,548 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Yes, I've added my 10p to the hundreds on their facebook page kicking off about this.
    I can't see them changing back though. It's Kraft init.
    Originally posted by philatio
    Have you messaged them on twitter or contacted them via the website, tell them your not satisfied with the change.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • philatio
    • By philatio 23rd Oct 15, 11:37 AM
    • 603 Posts
    • 754 Thanks
    philatio
    Have you messaged them on twitter or contacted them via the website, tell them your not satisfied with the change.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Yes I have.
    As I said in my post.
    That you quoted.
    • Chulia
    • By Chulia 17th May 17, 7:10 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chulia
    Tassimo T discs
    All the grocery stores discontinued the Tassimo T discs a long time ago. I think Starbucks bought the shelf space. I can only get it at Bed Bath and Beyond and use my 20%off coupons. They have been out of stock for weeks and every salesperson gave me a different reason. Today I found the NEW discs for milk which must have been the reason for the delay...it just said smaller packaging....same product. It isn't! I found the milk to be sweet and it tasted more like hot chocolate. I will see if they still carry King Joe...I always liked it better....more coffee flavor and the same price. Luckily I live part time in a city apartment and coupons are delivered to every mailbox very often...the young residents throw them in the bin and I collect them so I have a lot all the time.
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 17th May 17, 7:41 AM
    • 2,225 Posts
    • 2,632 Thanks
    daytona0
    All the grocery stores discontinued the Tassimo T discs a long time ago. I think Starbucks bought the shelf space. I can only get it at Bed Bath and Beyond and use my 20%off coupons. They have been out of stock for weeks and every salesperson gave me a different reason. Today I found the NEW discs for milk which must have been the reason for the delay...it just said smaller packaging....same product. It isn't! I found the milk to be sweet and it tasted more like hot chocolate. I will see if they still carry King Joe...I always liked it better....more coffee flavor and the same price. Luckily I live part time in a city apartment and coupons are delivered to every mailbox very often...the young residents throw them in the bin and I collect them so I have a lot all the time.
    Originally posted by Chulia
    .... 2 years later
    ent.
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 17th May 17, 8:54 AM
    • 3,766 Posts
    • 4,787 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    .... 2 years later
    Originally posted by daytona0
    And in the wrong country!
    • Andy L
    • By Andy L 17th May 17, 9:20 AM
    • 8,279 Posts
    • 6,512 Thanks
    Andy L

That's the type of coffee maker we use.

PS ... are the new pots New or Improved? They certainly can't be both.
    Originally posted by bod1467
    I'm an aeropress man myself

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,297Posts Today

7,348Users online

Martin's Twitter