Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > Goldfish/Liverpool Victoria (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Goldfish/Liverpool Victoria
Closed Thread
Views: 2,479
# 1
dzug
Old 22-08-2007, 1:33 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Goldfish/Liverpool Victoria

Well it seems that Goldfish, having taken over the Liverpool Victoria credit card operation, are hell-bent on removing all the benefits it had.

Specifically - all overseas transactions to be charged at 3%, increases in some other charges and abolition of the rewards programme.

They are introducing Goldfish points - but no-where do they put any value on them........

Bye bye Goldfish I think.
# 2
sicker
Old 22-08-2007, 1:47 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I think you might be right.
# 3
Stephen Leak
Old 22-08-2007, 2:15 PM

The same is happening with Morgan Stanley. Not so much goldfish, more like pirahna, it seems.
# 4
Simon-h
Old 30-08-2007, 10:11 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Looks like its bye-bye LivVic/Goldfish, hello Post Office for my trips to Euroland from now on...
# 5
James
Old 22-09-2007, 9:05 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Goldfish taking the Phish

I was a LV CSMA Chip & Signature Cardholder, received this letter today:

"On Tuesday 25 Sep, as part of the move to Goldfish, we will automatically issue you with a Chip & PIN card, for which you will have received a PIN serveral days earliers.

We understand, however, that you may need or wish to continue transacting with a Chip and Signature card and we will be issuing you with a Chip and Signature card as soon as we can. You can expect to receive this new card during the week of 1st Oct."

If your preference is to move to a Chip and PIN card, and you do no longer require a Chip & Signature card please contact us and we will take immediate steps to ensure that a Chip and Signature is not issued to you. IF you wish to continue using a Chip and Signature card, you need take not action.

Hang on, you (Goldfish) know I required a Chip and Signature card, so why are you sending a Chip and PIN card complete with PIN AND then a Chip and Signature card.

Is it me or has Goldfish lost the plot?
# 6
Stephen Leak
Old 22-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Is it me or has Goldfish lost the plot?
Aren't goldfish renowned for their short memory span?
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Leak For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
dzug
Old 28-09-2007, 1:48 PM

Well the PIN for the Goldfish card has arrived, though not the card itself as yet.

It says 'please call us if the PIN has been tampered with'. Only thing is nowhere on the letter is there a phone number...... Duly shredded, unopened, anyway

I'm pondering whether, when the time comes to validate the card, to call and say I don't want it or just cut it up and ignore it. Or whether, given the numerous other threads about inept admin by Goldfish whether it will ever arrive.
# 8
KDH
Old 08-10-2007, 8:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnaXXy View Post
Firstly, Liverpool Victoria has always charged 2.75% for overseas transactions. It just wasn't shown separately, it was built into the exchange rate. So you have always paid this charge for overseas transactions, the only difference is that it is increasing by 0.25%.
Not sure you should be telling your customers this SnaXXy...........could be what your bosses at the call centre have told you to tell the customers.

See these articles

http://shrunklink.com/acyt

http://shrunklink.com/acyu

Plenty of older articles highlight that LV did NOT charge a fee in the Eurozone

eg http://shrunklink.com/acyv

A simple online search will reveal more older articles
# 9
HARWOP
Old 13-10-2007, 9:23 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default CSMA/Goldfish

If you thought the only problem was getting your new Goldfsh card think again!

If you had a direct debit with LV to settle in full each month, it may not have been used for the September statement - so Goldfish will no doubt apply an interest charge! Also when you receive your new direct debit mandate from Goldfish you may not be given the option of slecting the minimum or full amount. On my form there was only a tick box 'for Goldfish use only' with a greyed out tick for the minimum amount.

My advice would be to treat Goldfish with extreme caution. LV also seem to have a lot to answer for.
# 10
C_Ronaldo
Old 16-10-2007, 5:45 PM

Has anyone else experienced long waiting times when your trying to pay a bill, never had it with LV
No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
# 11
hevp123
Old 03-11-2007, 2:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry Thanks CSMA - GOLDFISH have just made a lot of money out of me!

Oh I 'spose its my fault for not reading the 6 pages of very small print when my CSMA Mastercard was changed to a GOLDFISH VISA card and I really should have read this thread before going on holiday. But I didn't and as a result I have only just discovered that CSMA (who are great advertisers in the travel market) have transfered their customer a Goldfish Visa card which charges 3% on all foreign purchases. Thanks a bunch CSMA....heaven knows what the final charges will be because I have always used my mastercard abroad as I understood this was safer than a debit card.
So its a definate goodbye to GOLDFISH ..Can anyone suggest a replacement visa/mastercard. Tks.
# 12
Thomas Crown
Old 03-11-2007, 2:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevp123 View Post
Can anyone suggest a replacement visa/mastercard. Tks.
Nationwide B.S./ Post Office / Saga (for the over 50s) in Europe.
# 13
reserved
Old 03-11-2007, 4:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
Nationwide B.S./ Post Office / Saga (for the over 50s) in Europe.
Watch out though because the Saga card is run by Liverpool Victoria!!!

From the Saga website :
Quote:
The Saga Visa Card is issued by Liverpool Victoria Banking Services Limited (LVBS). LVBS is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for deposit taking and is entered on the Financial Services Authority Register, registration number 204551. LVBS is a member of the Finance and Leasing Association. The ultimate holding company of LVBS is Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Limited, which is entered on the Financial Services Authority Register, registration number 110035. Registered Office: County Gates, Bournemouth, BH1 2NF, registered in England number 432080.
# 14
Thomas Crown
Old 03-11-2007, 6:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by reserved View Post
Watch out though because the Saga card is run by Liverpool Victoria!!!

From the Saga website :

Saga do set their own T&Cs although as you say it's worth keeping am eye open for any changes.
Closed Thread