Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GoingToDoIt
    • By GoingToDoIt 13th Oct 15, 5:43 PM
    • 438Posts
    • 3,061Thanks
    GoingToDoIt
    Do One, Debt!
    • 13th Oct 15, 5:43 PM
    Do One, Debt! 13th Oct 15 at 5:43 PM
    Hello,
    I've been lurking for a while knowing that I need to do something about my growing debts, now I have finally taken the plunge and started a diary :
    I used to be the ultimate moneysaver! I can't believe how bad I have been in the last few years- missed payments on cc's for no good reason!?! My mental health suffered after being bullied at work a few years ago. I started smoking again, gained weight and lost control of my finances. I quit my job with no job to go to and that accounts for 50% of my debts ( 6 weeks unemployed) the rest is new carpets and a new mobile phone. Apart from that it's from...smoking!
    I have now been a non-smoker for over 4 weeks so that is around £250 I've not spent.
    I also need to get fitter, eat better and lose around 30kg. I know some people think "one thing at a time" however I feel they are all connected and as one improves the others naturally follow.
    Will post some more info on my financials in due course...
    Thanks for reading...Gonna
    Last edited by GoingToDoIt; 13-10-2015 at 5:44 PM. Reason: Spelled name
    Apr 16 Total cc 0% debt £8364/3680 updated 23 July 17
Page 17
    • GoingToDoIt
    • By GoingToDoIt 14th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 3,061 Thanks
    GoingToDoIt
    Yes am single and do think it's important to eat out regularly as it is my equivalent of a hobby/night out most of the time. Just checking in. Spent £10 today on a flu jab, a sensible spend I think!!!!
    • GoingToDoIt
    • By GoingToDoIt 15th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 3,061 Thanks
    GoingToDoIt
    Cashed out £5 on swaggy.
    • Poor_Single_lady
    • By Poor_Single_lady 16th Sep 17, 7:36 AM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 3,659 Thanks
    Poor_Single_lady
    Loving the daily posts GoingToDoIt. Hope you are having a nice weekend. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
    • GoingToDoIt
    • By GoingToDoIt 16th Sep 17, 10:17 AM
    • 438 Posts
    • 3,061 Thanks
    GoingToDoIt
    Thanks PSL. The daily posts are helping. I'm feeling more mindful. Back on the eBay trail, got a bunch more stuff to list today. I was a bit worried that interest rates might go up in Nov. And already I can see prices rising at the supermarket. Good that I'm back on the money watching.
    Got a few more bits up for sale on the bay. Tried to sell a few of them before and there were no takers. It seems similar items have sold recently so one more try before they get donated.
    The handbag I bought recently got damaged at the wedding, I thought of chucking it the next day and was convinced not to. It is beyond fixing, luckily before it went in the bin I checked the pocket and found £10 in it done a few more yougov surveys and that is at £21, nearly halfway to cash out
    Last edited by GoingToDoIt; 16-09-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    • Poor_Single_lady
    • By Poor_Single_lady 19th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 3,659 Thanks
    Poor_Single_lady
    Prices are rising And life is so expensive. I don't understand how anyone manages living on their own. I'm resorting to toast or cereal and fruit for tea in effort not to spend any more money from bank account till payday. Not easy at all. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
    • GoingToDoIt
    • By GoingToDoIt 20th Sep 17, 9:26 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 3,061 Thanks
    GoingToDoIt
    200 squid to last the month...will I do it? Acquired an extra £25 by way of an apology from the bank, they messed up my savings transfer two months in a row. £10 earned on the bay plus a bill for £2.50 for items listed/sold so far. £20 inbo£ cheque has arrived as has £5 from swaggy. So I'm quite rich really!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

263Posts Today

1,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin