Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joeblags
    • By joeblags 10th Oct 15, 6:56 AM
    • 137Posts
    • 97Thanks
    joeblags
    tesco online saver direct debits x2?
    • 10th Oct 15, 6:56 AM
    tesco online saver direct debits x2? 10th Oct 15 at 6:56 AM
    is it possible to have 2 dds set up to pull cash from both my tsb and Lloyds account? it was set up to pull from tsb but when I did a switch Lloyds want 2 monthly active DDS to get your interest so I moved it over, now I am thinking are you able to pull money from 2 places, itll be to move my tsb and Lloyds monthly interest each month.

cheers
Page 1
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 10th Oct 15, 7:44 AM
    • 8,754 Posts
    • 5,543 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 10th Oct 15, 7:44 AM
    • 10th Oct 15, 7:44 AM
    is it possible to have 2 dds set up to pull cash from both my tsb and Lloyds account? it was set up to pull from tsb but when I did a switch Lloyds want 2 monthly active DDS to get your interest so I moved it over, now I am thinking are you able to pull money from 2 places, itll be to move my tsb and Lloyds monthly interest each month.

cheers
    Originally posted by joeblags
    Think you need two tesco accounts, setting up a direct debit in each to each of your current accounts.
    • LXdaddy
    • By LXdaddy 10th Oct 15, 11:23 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    LXdaddy
    • 10th Oct 15, 11:23 AM
    • 10th Oct 15, 11:23 AM
    is it possible to have 2 dds set up to pull cash from both my tsb and Lloyds account?
    Originally posted by joeblags

Yes - a single TESCO account can pull from multiple different accounts.

My Tesco Internet Saver pulls money from 4 different accounts.

I also have a Tesco Instant Access account pulling from multiple accounts so that I can satisfy the need for 2 DDs on the sending accounts.

The only restriction on which accounts you can pull from seems to be the need for the sending account to be in your name. So my Tesco accounts can't pull from my other half's accounts she also has a pair of Tesco accounts. Either of us can pull from our joint accounts.
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 11th Oct 15, 1:15 AM
    • 3,546 Posts
    • 13,441 Thanks
    Westie983
    • 11th Oct 15, 1:15 AM
    • 11th Oct 15, 1:15 AM
    I have two Tesco savings account and I pull from five bank accounts to each one, then when they arrive in the accounts I transfer funds to the current account as the interest is more, (3% over 1.5%/0.60%)
    Save 12k in 2017 #16 Total £9475/£12000 78.95%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 10 #97 Total (£252) +£158/£500 = 82.00% ( x 10)
    Xmas 2017 £1 a Day #6 Total £110/£365 = 30.13%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total £600/£1000 = 60.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2017 #3 Total (£1450)+£50/£2000 = 75.00%
    Total £12095.00/£15865 = 76.23%

I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Mee
    • By Mee 11th Oct 15, 12:50 PM
    • 795 Posts
    • 834 Thanks
    Mee
    • 11th Oct 15, 12:50 PM
    • 11th Oct 15, 12:50 PM
    I have at times (including now) had three T internet saver accounts so I can grab each new 1.5%+ account T launch. I like the fact I can re-use payment details across all my T saver and current accounts.
    You can click the Thanks button if you want

• tg99
    • By tg99 13th Oct 15, 7:17 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 205 Thanks
    tg99
    • 13th Oct 15, 7:17 PM
    • 13th Oct 15, 7:17 PM
    I have two savings accounts with Tesco - both internet savers. Am I right in thinking that even though they are both Internet savers with same sort code, the fact that they are different accounts (with thus different account numbers) will mean that one direct debit for each will qualify as 'two different' direct debits for likes of Club Lloyds, Halifax Reward etc? (I have set them for different monetary amounts too.) I presume I don't need to set up a different type of Tesco savings account, e.g. Instant Access, for the 2nd direct debit to make them 'different' but thought I'd double check. Thanks.
    • LXdaddy
    • By LXdaddy 15th Oct 15, 2:34 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    LXdaddy
    • 15th Oct 15, 2:34 PM
    • 15th Oct 15, 2:34 PM
    I have two savings accounts with Tesco - both internet savers. Am I right in thinking that even though they are both Internet savers with same sort code, the fact that they are different accounts (with thus different account numbers) will mean that one direct debit for each will qualify as 'two different' direct debits for likes of Club Lloyds, Halifax Reward etc? (I have set them for different monetary amounts too.) I presume I don't need to set up a different type of Tesco savings account, e.g. Instant Access, for the 2nd direct debit to make them 'different' but thought I'd double check. Thanks.
    Originally posted by tg99

Should be OK as they are different account numbers.
    • ScoobyZ
    • By ScoobyZ 16th Jun 16, 7:22 AM
    • 356 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    ScoobyZ
    • 16th Jun 16, 7:22 AM
    • 16th Jun 16, 7:22 AM
    Hi any idea how long these take to show up in internet banking once opened?
    • badger09
    • By badger09 16th Jun 16, 11:46 AM
    • 4,693 Posts
    • 3,877 Thanks
    badger09
    • 16th Jun 16, 11:46 AM
    • 16th Jun 16, 11:46 AM
    Hi any idea how long these take to show up in internet banking once opened?
    Originally posted by ScoobyZ
    Not entirely sure what you're asking

Obviously, they show up on Tesco as soon as you set them up. My most recent ones appeared on my BoS accounts 2 or 3 days later. However, all of the accounts involved have been open for several years.
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 16th Jun 16, 12:09 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 1,985 Thanks
    JohnRo
    It must cost Tesco a small fortune sending out all the paper DD confirmation letters.
    'We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.' ― Albert Einstein
    'Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.' ― Aldous Huxley
    • ScoobyZ
    • By ScoobyZ 16th Jun 16, 12:39 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    ScoobyZ
    Not entirely sure what you're asking

Obviously, they show up on Tesco as soon as you set them up. My most recent ones appeared on my BoS accounts 2 or 3 days later. However, all of the accounts involved have been open for several years.
    Originally posted by badger09
    Sorry meant to say how long does the Tesco savings accounts take to show up.

Edit, It's OK just checked and they are showing. Had to click on current account to see them. Odd as Credit card is next to current account. I thought the savings would be the same like other banks. I think I might have too many bank accounts lol.

Another Edit - 24 hours later they are now showing at the top level (next to current account.
    Last edited by ScoobyZ; 17-06-2016 at 7:08 AM. Reason: Top Level
    • anu bancil
    • By anu bancil 8th Feb 17, 11:05 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anu bancil
    I've just set up 6 Tesco internet saving accounts. To satisfy 3 BOS accounts which require 2 DDs each. I'll also use 2/6 to satisfy the DDs needed to open a Lloyds account. In theory this should work
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 8th Feb 17, 11:29 AM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 1,125 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    I've just set up 6 Tesco internet saving accounts. To satisfy 3 BOS accounts which require 2 DDs each. I'll also use 2/6 to satisfy the DDs needed to open a Lloyds account. In theory this should work
    Originally posted by anu bancil
    You only needed two Tesco accounts for the three BOS accounts
    • DeterminedSingleMummy
    • By DeterminedSingleMummy 16th Mar 17, 5:44 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    DeterminedSingleMummy
    Hi

I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much)

I have one Lloyd's account and just opened A tesco saver account for one direct debit.

If I open another tesco saver can I do the direct debit from the same Lloyd's account and that will count as two direct debits ?

I am planning on switching to either nationwide or m and s which both need two active direct debits...

And would I be able to switch my Lloyd's account straight away? Or do I need to wait until the first DD has come out first of next month?

I also linked it up to my paypal to my Lloyd's account does this count as an active direct debit if I purchase something every month ?

I'm so confused. Thanks in advance for any advice...
    Balance at start of mortgage Dec 2011 £87500
    1 Jan 2015 = £73,735 Overpayments = £3,360 (average £280 p/m)
    1 Jan 2016 = £66,558 Overpayments = £4,770 (average £397.50 p/m)
    1 Jan 2017 = £57,756 Overpayments so far Jan £0 Feb £550 Mar £3022 April £690 total £4262
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 16th Mar 17, 6:16 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 1,985 Thanks
    JohnRo
    You'll need to check the details of the terms and conditions for each account. For Club Lloyds the T&C state the following.

We will pay interest on a credit balance in your account for that billing period as long as you have a minimum of two different direct debit mandates paid from your account during the calendar month. We will not pay credit interest if this condition is not met.
    by LLoyds
    One DD from each of two different tesco saver accounts is two different DD's.

I think some banks have introduced a requirement for any qualifying DD's to be from two separate companies though but I'm not sure which or if I've imagined that.
    'We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.' ― Albert Einstein
    • DeterminedSingleMummy
    • By DeterminedSingleMummy 16th Mar 17, 6:28 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    DeterminedSingleMummy
    Thank you. I am switching to nationwide or m and s.

So I will check the t and c for the banks I'm switching to.

I will ask them when I switch too just incase.

Thanks again
    Balance at start of mortgage Dec 2011 £87500
    1 Jan 2015 = £73,735 Overpayments = £3,360 (average £280 p/m)
    1 Jan 2016 = £66,558 Overpayments = £4,770 (average £397.50 p/m)
    1 Jan 2017 = £57,756 Overpayments so far Jan £0 Feb £550 Mar £3022 April £690 total £4262
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 10:48 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 14,837 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Morning, I have set up a direct debit from Instant Access account ages ago and now want to set one up from internet saver but can't work out how to I've forgotten how I did it last time. Do I need to print off something and send it to the bank or can I do it all online please? Thank you
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • JohnRo
    • By JohnRo 17th Mar 17, 11:15 AM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 1,985 Thanks
    JohnRo
    Log in to Tesco Banking, go into your internet saver account, select move money in.

Follow the instructions.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 14,837 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Log in to Tesco Banking, go into your internet saver account, select move money in.

Follow the instructions.
    Originally posted by JohnRo
    Thank you John, I shall give it a go, don't know what's happened to the brain cell recently, it's gone awol.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 17th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 14,837 Thanks
    josie_ann57

Follow the instructions.
    Originally posted by JohnRo
    All sorted, thank you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,694Posts Today

8,853Users online

Martin's Twitter